Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Girlfriends/partners  (Read 4520 times)

Offline telecasterkid

• http://www.burningindecember.com
Girlfriends/partners
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2005, 09:08:02 AM »
The joke going around my household is I will never get married again if something happens to this one after 18 years. I'll just buy another Parker!!! It's definitely more cost effective.

My wife's words when I bought my Gold Deluxe was...."Are you sure you want that? That's weird looking..." Well 2 Parkers later I'm trying to butter her up for a PM20 or Southern Nightfly.
You know the ole'...."I need that guitar so I can play this and that and this one does this whereas my others don't."
It's always the same question.. "Then why did you buy those two? You said you just had to have them."

Ah women, gotta love 'em

Kevin Schertell
www.burningindecember.com
CD "No Way Out" Available now!
Kevin Schertell
www.burningindecember.com
www.myspace.com/burnin12
CD "No Way Out" Available now!

Music Boulevard, Inc.
1232-2 Blanding Blvd.
Orange Park, Fl. 32065
904-276-2520
musicboulevard@earthlink.net
Owner/President

Girlfriends/partners

Offline JSanta

Girlfriends/partners
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2005, 04:58:01 PM »
I just am happy that my girlfriend supports what I like.  But when she "needs" new shoes or something like that, she always gives me a sharp look and coughs "guitars" just reminding me that my instruments cost a lot, and that I am not allowed to say ANYTHING when she wants to buy something.  But man, I really love that woman!

-Jim

"Do not speak.  Unless it improves on silence."
           -Buddha

Girlfriends/partners

Offline mbratch

• http://www.codekinesis.com
Girlfriends/partners
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2005, 12:38:42 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by telecasterkid

You know the ole'...."I need that guitar so I can play this and that and this one does this whereas my others don't."
It's always the same question.. "Then why did you buy those two? You said you just had to have them."

That's an easy argument to support. The light went off in my wife's mind. She said, "Oh I see, it's like when I buy shoes." Exactly!

Girlfriends/partners

Offline redlinedeath

Girlfriends/partners
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2005, 04:38:25 PM »
i had played every guitar in the music store i shoped at, and never touched the parker figureing it was just another crappy b.c rich(sorry if you like them, i think they are garbage) but that was the only thing left to play, so i grabed it, and was startled at the weight.  i strumed a chord, and was taken away.  the sound, the feel of the neck, and the way it responded to the lightest touch was amazing.  then, i saw the price.  it was the most incredible guitar i had ever played.  but way out of my reach.  then last year in atlanta, i went to buy a bass for 300 dollars cause i wanted one, and there say a used parker fly. for just over 3 times the price of the bass.  even the sales guy tried to talk me out of the guitar.  my sister saw it, asked how mutch it was, and told me i was retarded, as did her husband. my mom said i was an idiot, and so did all of my friends.  but they dont understand what it is to play a parker.  anyone can go out and buy a "normal" guitar.  but playing the parker is an experiance.  just like motorcycles.  anyone can go buy a japanese bike.  but buying/owning a ducati is an experiance of its own.  thats why im buying a ducati next.  because like the parker, its the best of the best.  wow, do we have expensive tastes, or what!
1996 Parker Fly classic
severely neglected 2001 Ibanez S470QS

Girlfriends/partners

Offline 908ssp

Girlfriends/partners
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2005, 10:29:46 PM »
Hey Redline drop the death part.

When you get a chance check out my web site. There are some Ducatis there like nowhere else. A couple of nice guitars and amps too. [^]

Alex
1996 Parker Fly Deluxe
1998 Parker Fly Classic
1999 Parker NiteFly S/S/H NFV7
2005 Emerald Acoustic X10
2004 Maven Peal Ganesha
2004 Marshall 4x12 Scumbag
Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG

Girlfriends/partners

Offline Smud

Girlfriends/partners
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2005, 05:55:55 PM »
My girlfriend as well thinks the Fly is very sexy :)

Girlfriends/partners

Offline NathanO

Girlfriends/partners
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2005, 05:38:58 PM »
The only reason I started going out with my girlfriend was because she saw me gigging. Chicks love musicians :P

BlackRoseUK.com - My bands website. Please register at the forum, it is lonely!

Regards,

Nathan

Girlfriends/partners

Offline vince a

Girlfriends/partners
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2005, 11:34:21 PM »
My wife is my girlfriend . . . one and the same! She knows music and knows the importance of having good stuff! She has sang professionally, and now she sings on a worship team at our church. I get her up on stage with us sometimes - she is one great instant harmony/backup singer too!

She loves jewelery . . . and I know this. And she gets it! She also gets my toys . . .

Some of the "toys" she has bought me in the last two years . . . a Fender Telecaster MIA with a tweed case; a Fender Blues Junior; a Parker PM-20. This what we do for each other for birthdays and for Christmas and Anniversaries . . . it's taken us a longtime to get to this $$$ level, which I give thanks for, and quite often!

Just today . . . she asked me what was on my list for my September birthday and for Christmas . . . my answers . . . in no particular order . . .
-Parker Fly Mojo
-Fender Blues DeVille 410
-Mesa Boogie Lone Star
-Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz
-2 more George L's cables

She is a "keeper."

Parker PM-20 (Bubinga)
Fender MIA Tele
Fender Double-Bound Tele
(2)Fender Teles (MIM)
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Simon & Parker Showcase CW-Acoustic-Electric
Yamaha FG-200 Acoustic
Fender Blues Junior-      modified
Kustom KAA 65TH acoustic amp
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Wah Wah
POD XT

Girlfriends/partners

Offline loumt123

Girlfriends/partners
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2005, 10:52:55 AM »
Lucky man haha. I can only hope im that lucky when i get older

Girlfriends/partners

Offline Edz

• http://www.edzworld.com
Girlfriends/partners
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2005, 08:55:09 AM »
To be honest thats Ideal because when you start bringing 2-3 parkers into the house she wont know the difference !! :D