Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Acoustic And Electric Amp Setup Wireless  (Read 1572 times)

Offline Triplewide

Acoustic And Electric Amp Setup Wireless
« on: May 19, 2006, 06:17:03 PM »
Just want to pass along my setup and see if it helps anyone.
After trying a lot of amps, here is what i found to work.
Mesa Boogie .50 caliber 1x12 combo, 50 watts, tube.
Trace Elliot TA 100R 1x12 and 2x 5" 100 watt
I also run the Fly wireless. I use 2 Shure True Div woreless units. The electric side splits thru a Korg DT 1 Pro rackmount tuner. This gives me 2 outputs, 1 to the Boogie and one into a Zoom Processor 100watt amp into a 2x12 cab. I use the Boogie for the clean and tube distortion, a vintage tube tone. I use the Zoom for all the effect stuff. With 2 volume controlls and the Parkers volume knob i can change from 1 amp to all 3.

This was the only way i could ever get that Randy Rhoads type of triple tracked sound live. The acoustic cuts thru it all, the Zoom does its job with all the effects and the Boogie just sounds good. With a flip of a switch i can go from acoustic to all out over the top sound.

The cost was low, considering the new stuff out there. The Trace Elliot was $400. $350 on the Boogie and less than $300 for the Zoom and 2x12. Wireless units were very cheap, $100 each used.

The only problem i had was getting the 2 wireless units ran into a stereo 1/4" plug. It was hard to find someone who could understand what i was doing and wanted, and do it right. Who wants 6 feet of cable and adaptors hanging from your guitar ?

Once that custom cable was made, everything was perfect.

The Parker fly does get some attention, but its the sound people seem to find even more amazing.

Offline jamrcat

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 08:05:01 PM »
Thanks for the details Darryl. Your set-up gives me some ideas I hadn't considered. I have some stuff laying around like some wireless units and some old classic effect pedals that have been collecting dust. I am also in the process of adding a d-tar mama bear for my acoustic side. This is really fun to me, and sooner or later it all clicks together and makes it worthwhile! [:D]
"A Fly for each hand!"

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 08:31:15 PM »
I want what u got !

Very nice post. Thanks for sharing.

Custom '03 Hardtail Artist ; Fly Deluxe 2000; Gibson ES137; 1974 K.Yari DY85; Waterproof SchecterDisposable; Martin Backpacker/paddle combo
A few Flys in my soup

Offline jamrcat

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 08:43:38 PM »
I'm curious as to the style of music and venu's you are playing? [8D]
"A Fly for each hand!"