Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WTB: Cosmetically Flawed  (Read 2611 times)

Offline sirlaughalot

WTB: Cosmetically Flawed
« on: March 10, 2005, 08:45:41 AM »
Hey I'm the proud owner of a prestine condition Parker Fly Classic, however, due to this imaculate condition I'm afraid to gig with it, and being a professional musician this is kinda annoying cause I love playing the Parker.  I just can't stand hurting a Parker that's already in good condition.
THERFORE! I was wondering if anyone had a parker with big scratches and dents and was ready to get beat up some more that I wouldn't have a problem injuring on the road?  Of course for a discounted price due to condition, but if anyones looking to drop a bad (cosmetically) conditioned parker, i'm your man! (has to be electronically sound and working however)
Chris
drop me an e-mail at chris@verhoeven.biz

Offline Binner

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 09:15:42 AM »
Have you though about getting one of the lower line models for abuse purposes. I have seen some used here and there that go for a good price. I know its not a Classic, but it may do the job well.
'97 Fly Classic with Steve's Special/Air Norton
'05 Mojo Flame (Green) with SD Distortion/Jazz
'03 Parker 5-String (Natural) Duncan AJB-5s
'89 Hamer with Sustainiac
'95 Ovation Standard Elite (Green Burst)
'98 Ovation Balladeer (Red burst)
PRS Custom 24
Fender American Deluxe Strat
a bunch of Jacksons
a bunch of Charvels
a bunch of Peaveys (Vandenbergs)
Mesa RoadKing II
Mesa Mark IV Long Head
Mesa Stiletto Deuce II
Mesa F-30
Mesa 4x12
Peavey Triple X 2x12
Peavey 4x12 with two V30s and 2 G12T 75s
SWR Bass 750 with Mesa 4x10 and 1x15
Mesa Bass 400+
...and a bunch of other stuff

Offline darkest_fugue

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 09:25:31 AM »
ive gigged the crap out of my 5 year old supreme and it hasnt a scratch on it...it has some play wear but very little...if you dont want dents on it just dont hit it off anything..and when your finished with it wipe it down and put it in its case..just basic common sense really..the thing you do have to be careful about is sweat going into the open pickups...thats what happened to mine and im getting the bridge pickup replaced...be careful about that...i have the cavities blocked off now so it wont happen again

Offline sirlaughalot

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 10:28:30 AM »
naw, the lower models just aren't the same. I'm lookin' for a classic, deluxe, mojo, any of the non-bolt-on necks.  As for the guy with the supreme you're lucky.  However i'm in a punk band where i jump around alot, and i wear big buckles etc.  Plus, besides that it's my roadie I have to worry about.
But yeah, anyone with a beat up one, it'd be nice to drop me an email.  Country doesn't matter.
Chris

Offline telecasterkid

• http://www.burningindecember.com
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 10:30:22 AM »
I too have been gigging and recording with my '97 deluxe and '98 classic for a while now and although I do have a few "character scratches" on them, don't think that Parkers are so fragile that they can't be gigged with. Case in point- Daniel Gildenlow from Pain of Salvation once sent me an email that his classic dropped some 7 feet from the stage to the floor and he still uses it. I guess the decision should be do you want to gig with your Parker or is it just a collectors piece that needs to stay in the house? If so, then purchase a used one just to use for gigging. You can find them all day long for sale on Ebay and a few online music stores. If you need some help finding one let me know and I will do what I can for you. I own a music store in Orange Park, Fl.- Music Boulevard, Inc. I have a good rapport with quite a few online dealers that I have been dealing with for years.

Best Regards,
Kevin S.
www.burningindecember.com
Kevin Schertell
www.burningindecember.com
www.myspace.com/burnin12
CD "No Way Out" Available now!

Music Boulevard, Inc.
1232-2 Blanding Blvd.
Orange Park, Fl. 32065
904-276-2520
musicboulevard@earthlink.net
Owner/President

Offline mnkby

• http://www.dubfreque.net/
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2005, 02:15:35 PM »
I've emailed you with some info on one thats a little beatup that I'd part with

www.dubfreque.net

Offline TomCTC

• http://www.ciaccess.com/~pisanski/new/
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2005, 08:07:36 PM »
Theres a Black used Fly here in Toronto for $1300 Canadian. The store will ship anywhere as well.

www.songbirdmusic.com

I was just there today playing it [:D]

- Tom
My band! http://www.ciaccess.com/~pisanski/new/

Offline gemini8026

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2005, 01:10:44 PM »
Im gonna look into that unit, but I dont see it on their website.  DO you know what year, or have any info on it?  Thanks!
Every Man needs a Hobby he cant afford!!!

Offline austin

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2005, 10:18:30 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by darkest_fugue

i have the cavities blocked off now so it wont happen again

Can you explain how the cavities are blocked off? If it's a do-it-yourself thing, I'd like to do it to my Parker. Better safe than sorry.

-Austin

--
Early 99" Parker Fly Deluxe, upgraded with new model Dimarzios and full humbucking in the middle position