Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Daniel Gildenlow  (Read 7235 times)

Offline JSanta

Daniel Gildenlow
« on: April 26, 2005, 12:03:44 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone here has heard of him, but he is the singer for Pain of Salvation and now for the Flower Kings too.  He has an incredible voice, plus, he has been an avid Parker guitar user for years.  You might want to check out Remedy Lane or One Hour by the Concrete Lake to hear the guitar in action.

Daniel Gildenlow

Offline bostjan

• http://hometown.aol.com/__121b_L3tSnijvtzp0yjselCuPrmUti1/crMEW
Daniel Gildenlow
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 01:29:50 AM »
i know pain of salvation and flower kings, but i didn't know about concrete lake.  thanks

Daniel Gildenlow

Offline JSanta

Daniel Gildenlow
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 12:01:06 PM »
Oops, that last sentence is actually the names of PoS albums.  I'm sorry about not being too clear!

-Jim

Daniel Gildenlow

Offline bostjan

• http://hometown.aol.com/__121b_L3tSnijvtzp0yjselCuPrmUti1/crMEW
Daniel Gildenlow
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 11:41:06 PM »
oh well in that case, i'll have to check out the album!

Daniel Gildenlow

Offline Entropian

Daniel Gildenlow
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 09:36:28 AM »
Daniel Gildenlöw is freakin' amazing!  I've seen Pain of Salvation at ProgPowers 3 and 5, absolutely amazing band - great songwriting, amazing singing, tight live band (and we're talking 3 or 4 part vocal harmonies at times), and tasteful quasi-shred guitar playing.  Just got the BE dvd Tuesday and have watched it at least 3 times.  Yeah, I'm a HUGE fan if my user name didn't give it away!

Daniel Gildenlow

Offline JSanta

Daniel Gildenlow
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 09:41:01 AM »
I really want to get the "Be" dvd, but the cheapest that I have seen it here in the States is $30!  I love that band, but I could get a couple more of their albums for that much money.

-Jim

Daniel Gildenlow

Offline Entropian

Daniel Gildenlow
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 12:22:44 PM »
I'll just say that it's worth every penny, but I understand the desire to own all of their material.

Daniel Gildenlow

Offline JSanta

Daniel Gildenlow
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 12:46:22 PM »
I will get it eventually, and I have heard rave reviews for it, I wouldn't expect anything less from Daniel Gildenlow.  

-Jim

Daniel Gildenlow

Offline Star1

Daniel Gildenlow
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2005, 05:49:41 PM »

Hi there! I am also looking forward to seeing the BE dvd. You just got to love seeing a Parker Fly onstage....
I actually had the luck to meet Mr.Gildelow "backstage" during the filming of the Flower kings dvd, wich was great, not only because Daniel is one of my favourite musicians, but beacuse there were som many Parkers in the room. Daniel had a few, and Roine Stolt had a custom Parker. I was completely in awe.
The sad thing is that I did´t own a Parker myself at the time. I would like to know what pickups Daniel use. If anyone knows, please tell me.

Daniel Gildenlow

Offline Entropian

Daniel Gildenlow
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2005, 07:25:05 AM »
A friend of mine actually emailed Daniel about his Parkers and actually got a response.  The response only mentions 2 Parkers, a blue classic from either 97 or 98, and a hardtail.  Both had the stock Dimarzio pickups from what I remember.  Although I seem to recall Daniel saying that he didn't care much for them, but couldn't find anything readily available to replace them with.

Daniel Gildenlow

Offline telecasterkid

• http://www.burningindecember.com
Daniel Gildenlow
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2005, 03:34:23 PM »
That would be me. I will see if I still have the email at work and post Daniel's response. Both shows that we have seen live, Daniel used his hardtail. On the Flower Kings DVD he uses the blue classic. As far as Roine goes I believe his is a Deluxe with custom inlays. Neal Morse also plays a black Deluxe. (Transatlantic DVD) Daniel I think used his blue classic on that tour as well.

That has long been a dream of mine to spend time with Daniel meet him proper. I have the autographed pictures and so on but no backstage action. Hopefully Prog Power 7 or 8 will see them return to Atlanta. Like Entropian says if you have not seen Pain of Salvation live you are trully missing out. I say without hesistance they are simply the best live show I have ever seen!!! As far as buying CDd's and DVD's goes buy them all. 5 years later they are still regular rotation in my cd player.

You will not regret, that I promise!!!

Kevin
www.burningindecember.com
Check out "No Way Out" available now!

"Give me ambiguity or give me something else"

Kevin Schertell
www.myspace.com/burnin12
CD "No Way Out" Available now!

Music Boulevard, Inc.
1232-2 Blanding Blvd.
Orange Park, Fl. 32065
904-276-2520
musicboulevard@earthlink.net
Owner/President

Daniel Gildenlow

Offline JSanta

Daniel Gildenlow
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2005, 08:33:39 AM »
Like I had mentioned earlier, I am slowly building up my PoS collection and a few days ago I added "The Pefect Element."  I am completely sure now that Pain of Salvation is my favorite band.  I am never amazed with the playing, vocals (I mean, Daniel is incredible) and the lyrics.  I just need to pick up Entropia and my collection will be complete!

-Jim

"Do not speak.  Unless it improves on silence."
           -Buddha

Daniel Gildenlow

Offline telecasterkid

Daniel Gildenlow
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2005, 10:27:20 AM »
It's hard not to get addicted to Pain of salvation when you start listening to them. Daniel is simply stated an amazing lyricist and multi-instrumentalist. I still remember the first time I saw them at Prog Power watching the extraordinary musicianship between the five of them on stage. I think what made me want to quit playing was seeing Daniel play some of The Perfect Element live shredding the guitar and singing this difficult phrase at the same time and never missing a beat. Definitely a sight to behold.

Also watching the Flower Kings and Transatlantic you get to see Daniel play keys, guitar, and percussion as well as sing...Also a definite must have!

If you haven't checked out the new DVD "Be" with accompnying live CD you will pick your jaw off the floor!!! That I promise.

Still my favorite band on the planet. 5 years running!

Kevin Schertell
Check out "No Way Out" available now!

"Give me ambiguity or give me something else..."
Kevin Schertell
www.myspace.com/burnin12

Music Boulevard, Inc.
1232-2 Blanding Blvd.
Orange Park, Fl. 32065
904-276-2520
Owner/President

Daniel Gildenlow

Offline JSanta

Daniel Gildenlow
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2005, 03:24:08 PM »
I will be getting the "Be" dvd in a few weeks, and I can't wait to have it!  It took me a few months to really get into that particular album, but now I love it just as much as the others I have.  There is definately something to be said about Daniel's talent.  I have never enjoyed a voice as much, and the music seems like something nearly every progressive rock musician would wish to write.  

-Jim

"Do not speak.  Unless it improves on silence."
           -Buddha

Daniel Gildenlow

Offline telecasterkid

Daniel Gildenlow
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2005, 06:25:06 PM »
I absolutely agree with that. Imagine being able to write a song like "Beyond the Pale" or "The Perfect Element" I would give my left arm for talent like that! Wait, then I wouldn't be able to play my Parkers. The beauty of "Be" is all the orchestration and recurring themes based on the different stories told with the album. I guess the best thing about POS is their uncanny ability to perform outside the box and be so popular worldwide. Daniel also did Jesus Christ Superstar in the same theater that they filmed "Be"

Enjoy.
Kevin Schertell
www.myspace.com/burnin12

Music Boulevard, Inc.
1232-2 Blanding Blvd.
Orange Park, Fl. 32065
904-276-2520
Owner/President