Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Thanks for the acoustic clips, Bob...  (Read 4004 times)

Offline Lwinn171

Thanks for the acoustic clips, Bob...
« on: July 16, 2006, 01:57:00 AM »
It was nice to hear those different settings... I've been curious about how to best explore the piezo side of my sound (a new thing to me, having only gotten my fly a few months ago). I'm impressed with the Korg sounds, yet from what I've read, the Mama bear sounds like the way to go. I'd love to hear a similar demonstration with it! Anyone?
I'm thinking about a Mama Bear into a power amp into a PA speaker(s). Any suggestions? Anyway, thanks, Bob for the reference material[^]

Lawrence Winn
"42.7 percent of all statistics are made-up on the spot."
2001 Fly Classic, Green
Larivee Parlour Guitar
Several inferior others
Mesa Boogie MK IV
Marshall 2-12 cab

Lawrence Winn
2001 Classic, 98 Deluxe
various amps, various toys

Offline jamrcat

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 03:14:54 PM »
Thanks for taking the time and producing this Bob. I thought some of the acoustic settings were pretty impressive. I'm getting my First Fly delivered next week and will try and record some takes with my Mama Bear. One thing to note about Mama Bear, when you first get it try and listen to it with just headphones. I didn't for the first couple of weeks and then discovered by accident I was adjusting it listening to my PA board and amp settings. When I first heard it through headphones I realized what it was supposed to sound like! My PA board and Fender amp was masking the true sound! Needless to say I fell in love with the true acoustic sounds it produces.[^]

Parker TR P-36 Modified, Fender Cyber Twin, Korg AX1500G, d-tar Mama Bear
jamrcat
Butte, Montana
Fly Coming Soon!
"A Fly for each hand!"

Offline sfw

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 03:38:49 PM »
Hey Lawrence, can't speak for the Mama Bear yet, but love running my p6 and my modeling (VAmp2 and POD) into my Mackie SRM350. I run it to a little Mackie mixing board and then to the SRM (Active PA Speaker). That way the AMP doesn't get in the way. I can use the Cab./AMP effects cleanly on the modeling and get a VERY true sound out of the P6. All I put in line to the board was a little chorus for the p6. If you don't already have a PA, you might consider some of the power pa speakers like the srm350 or 450 if you need more power. You can also add a sub to them if you want to use them in a really big club. In a small coffee house or small club they work great. Also can dub as a monitor speaker if needed sometime in a big club with their own PA.

- Scott

Fly Artist (purchase fund started)
P6 Black
PM10; PM20; Franken-Fenders
Randall RM4,RT2/50 (1086, Clean, TopBoost)
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric
- Scott

PM10; Few Nitefly's; Franken-Fenders
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric, Pink Hello Kitty