Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Harmos Electric Guitars, Evo or Intel Design?  (Read 38791 times)

Offline pikliakit

Harmos Electric Guitars, Evo or Intel Design?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2006, 10:01:08 PM »
NM, I would play the Tesla.  Preferably a 6-string.  How is the fret-access on those really? is it just like playing any other guitar?

Offline pikliakit

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2006, 10:06:46 PM »
Frank Zappa would love those

Offline trap

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2006, 05:10:22 PM »
uh.. can i get that with a pickguard?

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2006, 08:22:11 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by trap

uh.. can i get that with a pickguard?

lol [:D] very funny [:D]

Now that you mention it, it would really bother me not to have something to rest my pinky on when I'm fingerpicking/rolling.

Custom '03 Hardtail Artist ; Fly Deluxe 2000; Gibson ES137; 1974 K.Yari DY85; Waterproof SchecterDisposable; Martin Backpacker/paddle combo;LarriveeParlor
A few Flys in my soup

Offline darc

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 02:55:35 PM »
OMG check out pg 41 of the October Guitar Player - there's a kid in a photo who apparently actually plays a Teuffel Birdfish!  What are the odds.

Personally, I think the Teuffel guitars are stunningly beautiful designs, in their own way.  When you think about it, most players who respond to strats and LP's and such consider the Fly butt ugly, but we all got past that right?

Offline jamesbaecker

• http://www.matraxguitars.com
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2006, 01:39:09 PM »
Dear Parker Forum:

Thank you for the interest and comments in July and August about the Matrax(t.m.) Guitar.  Here is some background and items of interest about the Matrax guitar, its design, technology and sound that I hope will clarify a few of the questions people had about these guitars.  

The look or appearance of a musical instrument is an important, satisfying and fun part of musicianship, but a musical instrument’s deep sacred function is to help musicians create music that connects with the soul.  The essence of the Matrax guitar is its unique resonance curve and the clean, responsive and versatile sounds it can make.  The Matrax guitar is intended for creative musicians looking for a new sonance to bring listeners closer to their souls and closer to the sacred connections that link the world.

The technology section of our webpage, describes the shift in the fundamental resonance structure of our guitar.  This resonance structure is totally different from any other guitar in the world, including Parker guitars.

The problems related to bringing something completely new to the world should not be lost on you gentlemen and ladies who play Parker Flys.  I am sure you have all heard the “challenges” to your instruments.  My suggestion is that you don’t give up on your unique thinking.  As time goes by, the justice of your belief in Ken Parker’s design will be proven - spiritually and financially.  Hang onto your Flys.

Since this is the Parker guitar forum, I’ll tell you my Ken Parker story.  Back in 2004, when Harmos Music first considered expanding from Lap Steels into Electric Guitars, I sought out Ken Parker at the Winter NAMM in LA.  When I told him that I built the Harmos Lap Steel, he said that he was aware of our instrument, had visited our website and that he “completely” understood what we were doing with our resonance shifting technology.  He didn’t say whether he thought it was good or bad, and I didn’t expect him to.  Then we talked about the appearance that Harmos should pursue in the new electric guitar design.  I’ll never forget his response - “The open body looks fine the way it is.  I’d leave it like that, unique - interesting, just fine the way it is.”  Then he warned me that guitar creation is not a get rich quick thing.  Unfortunately, I already knew that from my Lap Steel experiences..

I tell that story just let you know that the appearance decisions for this guitar have been an interesting challenge from the beginning.  Yes, we know the design looks crazy, but most  creations do and there are some technical preferences for the open design.  We are making a few changes to the look to give it a little more softness and curviness - a little more sexiness, but without changing its sound.

Many of the other features in the Matrax guitar are similar to Parker Flys and some are different.  I won’t go into details here - this is not our forum - but in the next two weeks, we will be expanding our website - www.matraxguitars.com to include more detailed background on the guitar’s specific design features as well as adding sound samples.

Thank you for giving me time on your forum.

Yours Truly,
James Baecker
President
Harmos® Guitars Inc.
Makers of Matraxâ„¢ Guitars.

Offline rt0412

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2006, 03:33:51 AM »
We're looking forward to know more and hear more about the Matrax guitars...

Offline tildeslash

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2006, 12:16:29 PM »
Since Ken Parker was ahead of his time I wonder why he sold the company.  He saw something in the future?

Offline Dann Glenn

• http://www.dannglenn.com
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2007, 12:50:58 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tildeslash

Since Ken Parker was ahead of his time I wonder why he sold the company.  He saw something in the future?

It's been a natural progression with forward-thinking luthiers such as Ken, Michael Tobias etc. to sell their existing companies. This gives them the capital and freedom to move ahead with their next series of ideas/projects, not to mention releasing them from the burden of keeping the company afloat.

Visionaries are generally very restless people who require constant access of expression for new ideas. They often become bogged-down in the present world most people live in and will do what they must to move forward of the curve; a place of comfort for original thinkers.

Dann

Dann Glenn
Parker Guitarsâ„¢ Endorser
http://www.dannglenn.com

Offline tvadakia

• http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=425977
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2007, 08:03:57 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill

Or , more important than all that, Do chicks dig it [?]

Chicks who love geeks will.  And some of those women are pretty hot.

Unique.
Unique.

Offline Diad

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2007, 01:18:09 PM »
I think there's a lot to be said for the Steinberger model of tuners on the back of the body, easily accessible to the right hand and without the restringing complications and minus the head.  I don't own one but want to.  I don't know why more guitars aren't designed this way?

"D minor is the saddest of all keys." Nigel Tufnel, Spinal Tap
"D minor is the saddest of all keys." Nigel Tufnel, Spinal Tap

Offline rt0412

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2007, 01:08:47 AM »
How does a MatraX Guitar sound? Hear for yourself. The 250's got Lace Alumitone pickups.

http://www.harmosmusic.com/EG/page4/page4.html

Offline keef-riff

• http://www.myspace.com/terryvuncannon
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2007, 12:03:05 PM »
Hey all...I am new to this forum(Just bought my 3rd Parker, a PM-20-Pro)...I also own & endorse Harmos Lap Steels, this is a great company that makes great sounding lap steels...I have not played their guitars but if they are anything like the lap steels, they will be killer...Terry V(keef-riff).

Offline rt0412

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2007, 09:07:02 AM »
Welcome to the Parker Forum, Terry.

Yes, to me the MatraX guitars sound killer.

Rolly

Offline nj.productions

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2010, 10:32:03 AM »
ok i guess