Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vibrato Hole  (Read 2205 times)

Offline NathanO

Vibrato Hole
« on: March 10, 2005, 02:28:52 PM »
Not sure of the musical term for it, but the hole where my vibrato bar goes into has snapped! There is a little bit of plastic that snapped somehow, I wonder if you could tell me how I could replace it?? Or where I could get it fixed. I really don't want to take it to any old music shop, I would prefer going to a recommended shop.

Hope that make sense and hope you can help me.

NathanO.com - Coming soon!

Regards,

Nathan

Vibrato Hole

Offline kristian

Vibrato Hole
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 11:16:37 AM »
It sounds to me like the plastic trem arm bushing has cracked and broken off.  All you need to do is purchase a new trem arm bushing.  Removing the damaged one should be farely simply.  Just remove the set screw behind the bushing and then remove the back plate (being careful not to tear the battery wires).  Once you have the back plate off, you will see a small hole on the back side of the guitar which gives you access to the underside of the trem bushing.  Carefully push the bushing out from the underside, pop the new one in, put the back plate back on and the put the set screw back in.  Also, just so you know, if you have any question like this in the future, you should really contact the customer service department at U.S. Music (800-877-6863 x 5120) instead of posting your question here.  We are trying to avoid having this section become a "pipeline" to our customer service department.  Cool?  Thanks.  You can also call that # to order the new trem bushing.
Kristian Strom
Parker Guitars Repair Department

Vibrato Hole

Offline rene_tecson

Vibrato Hole
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 11:53:33 PM »
good afternoon kristian strom, i just wanna know if u sell individual saddle ball bearings for my nitefly-m,i lost the one in the high E-string and i'm gonna instruct a relative(who does'nt know much about guitars) there in the US to call customer service,what facts do you need so that i can tell me relative what to say to the customer support people? thanks a lot kristian hope you could help me out.

Vibrato Hole

Offline JPage

• http://www.parkerguitars.com
Vibrato Hole
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 11:47:11 AM »
We do sell them individually.  Simply call Customer Service and order a NiteFly saddle.  They will be very helpful.

John