Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What equipment does everyone play? Post here!  (Read 21555 times)

Offline David Tomkins

• Advanced Member
What equipment does everyone play? Post here!
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2006, 02:13:55 AM »
what is that little silver thing that looks like a lava lamp?
2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo signed by Steve Vai, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!

Offline kwill

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2006, 07:40:33 AM »
Flux capacitor. [8D]

Offline buddaman

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2006, 07:55:05 AM »
Here is my current rig.....

Budda SD 80 II head
Line 6 POD XT Live
Vox Wah with true bypass mod
Port City Music 2x12 Wave Cabinet

If you have not heard of the Port City Music Wave you should check them out. By far the best designed 2x12 out there. (They also make a 1x12) Their website is www.portcitymusicsupply.com.

Offline uburoibob

• Bob Martin 11:11
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2006, 02:05:55 PM »
Here goes:
For my weekly gig: Red Parker Fly Deluxe with DiBurro-installed GK system • Roland GR20 Synth • Line 6 PodXT Live MutliEffects • AER Alpha Amp • Vox Valvetronix 30 watt amp • Kala Tenor Ukulele • Chandler Studio 6 Electric Lap Steel • GoldTone Weissenborn Acoustic Lap Steel With a Dean Markley California Pickup and LR Baggs Gig Pro Preamp.

Additionally, for recording: Line 6 TonePort • iMac G5 with Logic • Tascam US 428 Interface/Controller • Behringer Truth 2031A Active Monitors • Sennheiser HD 580 Headphones for Monitoring/Mixing • Neumann TLM 103 Mic • Neumann KM 184 Mic • Neumann TLM 193 Mic • AT 4033 Mic • Sennheiser e865 Mic • Sennheiser e609 Silver Guitar Amp Mic • Korg Acoustic Pandora PX4A • Alesis HD24 Hard Disc Recorder with Alesis MultiMix 12R in a convenient Rack bag (perfect for tracking 8 channels live) - Note the Alesis rig is gonna go cuz I don't use it enough.

Other guitars: Parker Fly Artist Hardtail Custom • Parker Fly Classic Sapphire Blue • PRS Hollowbody II • Steve Andersen Emerald City Reserve Archtop • Steve Andersen Oval Hole 17" Archtop • Steve Andersen Little Archie Archtop • Steve Klein M43 Oval Hole Flattop • 1939 Gibson Super 400 Blonde Archtop • Taylor AB2 Fretless Acoustic Bass • Cordoba Gipsy Kings Flamenco/Classic Guitar • Baby Taylor Guitar • Seagull Grand Guitar

Other amps: 1950's Gibson GA 20T • Gallien Krueger 200ML

For practice: Korg Pandora PX4 with iTunes on my MacBook or my iPod through headphones. Nice setup.

That's about it!

Bob

2000 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail  *  1999 Parker Fly Deluxe w/DiBurro Roland Mod Metallic Red  * 1998 Fly Classic in Transparent Dark Blue (thanks, Darren!) •  Now on a signature reduction program! Just the Flies, maam. *  www.rtmadvertising.com
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 10:13:31 AM by uburoibob »
1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail Butterscotch -   2000 Fly Standard Classic in Cherry Red - http://bobmartin1111.com

Offline PatricBrown

• http://myspace.com/patrickronaldbrown
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2006, 10:11:52 PM »
This is a pretty interesting thread, so I guess I'll weigh in. Besides what you see in my signature, there is some stuff I'm trying to sell, but I won't mention that, in keeping with forum rules.

I'm not playing out electrically at present, though I do a fair bit of recording. On the acoustic side I have a Seagull Grand guitar, 3 fiddles(for different tunings), a viola(tuned to a very low fiddle,,a 15 incher), a 1919 Vega Tubaphone conversion 5 string banjo with a Wyatt Fawley neck, a Deering Deluxe tenor banjo, 2 Saz(Turkish bozouki type lute), an oud, a sarod, sitar, tanpura, tekerolant(Hungarian style hurdy gurdy), a Weber Gallatin mandolin, and a 24 string lap harp nylon strung(Jeff Gaynor). I do the gurdy at church sometimes. It's great for medieval ecclesiastical stuff(cantigas, what have you), and for ethnic percussion I have a davul(tupan), doumbek, a pair of tablas, and a bodhran.

Then, the Fly, and a Dano Longhorn bass(I have a Fender, but all of a sudden it's too heavy), and a Zoom RT 123 drum machine. I was using drums, but it gets too wacky trying to record drums by yourself. I don't record the drum machine till I have to, preferring to let it just play through on the Roland's clock, so I can change patterns, etc.

The recorder is a Roland VS2400CD, 24 track, and I run it into a Tannoy TS10 woofer, and then into a pair of Tannoy 800A nearfields. (these bid fair to be too powerful, and if I had my druthers I'd grab a pair of Dynaudio Acoustic BM5A's, but that'll have to wait.) Since I dont have a R-Buss, I'm constrained to 8 inputs on the Roland, and for front ends I'm using a Langevin Dual Vocal Combo, a Universal Audio 2108 with a Langevin ELOP behind it, for limiting/compression(I put the drum machine through the UA),,these two units take up inputs 1-4, then a old Focusrite Trakmaster, and a Drawmer MX60 Front End One, inputs 5 and 6, and for 7 and 8 I'm running the PODxt into a Drawmer DL241 TRS model VCA compressor. The Drawmers have great gates, and comp/limiting. I run the bass into the MX60 using a Tech21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI, and also I think I'm going to mike the bass simultaneously through the FlextoneIII's 4-10 Bassman patch, and the Fly, of course, through the PODxt. Never know,,it might go elsewhere, too. I have a Vox ToneLab, but I'm out of inputs, and the POD is just too useful with the tuning function, and the reverse delay. I am tempted to put the EL7 FATSO behind the POD, but the Drawmer gate is so handy,,just grab the knob, and the FATSO hasn't one. A Behringer PowerPlayPro headphone mixer. 2 pair Audio Technica ATM40FS and 2 pair cheapo headphones, if I ever need that many. I used to run the FATSO on the 2 Buss of the analog mixer, but the Roland doesn't afford me that option, having no insert there.

My mikes are several cheap old Shure dynamics, an SM57, a EV RE20, AKG D112, and a Sennheiser e609 silver. The Condensers are two Marshall MXL 600's(not the 603), 2 Rode NT1's(the old one,,one really nice,,much older than the other which has a cheaper capsule), a Rode NT3, an SE Electronics SE5000 tube mike(6072A), a BLUE Blueberry, and a Soundeluxe U195.

Scads of cables, boomstands, couple of table racks, monitor stands. All those other accoutrements one needs. The iMac is no longer part of the studio. On my old one, I'd run into a MOTU 828, with Digital Performer, but now I've OSX, on the new iMac, and the MOTU is obsolete, and I don't feel like springing for more computer interfaces and all the rest, as what I have is well self contained. That could change, but I'm set for the moment.

A bunch of other stuff which I'm not using, so I'll not get into it. When I got the Roland I no longer needed a compressor in each insert of the analog board, running an Alesis HD24, and that took some things out of service. I took two more front ends out of service because I figured the PODxt had enough preamp grunt itself to not need them, but I did want to use the Drawmer DL241, for its gate/comp.

PS Also, I have a Korg Pandora PX4, the blue one, for headphone jamming, practice. It makes an ok recording modeler too, if needed.

Pat

2005 Fly Deluxe Majik Blue
THD Univalve w/one12 Avatar Bottom(Eminence Private Jack)
Traynor YCV20WR
Line6 Flextone III(one 12)
various & assorted other acoustic & electric
Home Studio
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 04:08:01 PM by PatricBrown »
http://www.myspace.com/patrickronaldbrown

2000 Fly Stealth Gray Hard Tail, 2000 Reverend Slingshot, THD Univalvew/one12 Avatar Bottom(Eminence Private Jack), Traynor YCV20WR, Ableton Suite 8, various & assorted other acoustic & electric, Home Studio

It is better to know than to believe.

Live is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're going to get.

Offline LooseChange

• http://www.fydamps.com
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2006, 07:03:21 AM »
This is what I play...
www.loosechange.freeservers.com

Dan
1995 Emerald Green Fly Deluxe (Beaten and Modded but Loved)
1997 Sunburst Nitefly NFV/4
I like tubes... Check out all my DIY amps:
http://www.fydamps.com

Offline uburoibob

• Bob Martin 11:11
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2006, 10:22:40 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by PatricBrown

]The iMac is no longer part of the studio. On my old one, I'd run into a MOTU 828, with Digital Performer, but now I've OSX, on the new iMac, and the MOTU is obsolete

I didn't know that the 828 was incompatible with the OSX! Is it a MKII kind of thing? Or type of interface?

Bob

2000 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail  *  1999 Parker Fly Deluxe w/DiBurro Roland Mod Metallic Red  * 1998 Fly Classic in Transparent Dark Blue (thanks, Darren!) •  Now on a signature reduction program! Just the Flies, maam. *  www.rtmadvertising.com
1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail Butterscotch -   2000 Fly Standard Classic in Cherry Red - http://bobmartin1111.com

Offline PatricBrown

• http://myspace.com/patrickronaldbrown
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2006, 10:32:02 AM »
Bob, the 828 I have is the very first one they made. The CD may or may not,,I'd need to check, be able to go OSX,,I got the 828 in 2001. But I'm running Tiger, and I'd need to load AudioDesk in, also, and, the MOTU 828, last I checked seems to be acting up anyway,,scratchy pots,,other stuff.  

PS here I go, sorry, also my old G3 had a Gig of RAM, whereas now I  just have 512Megs of it. Once  I had the orginal AudioDesk in, I upgraded to fuller versions of DP, and I'm wondering if I could load it again,,licensing,,etc. etc. Maybe when I get the time, and energy, I'll investigate all this,,but at this point I'm not inclined to. Of course it's just the AudioDesk on the 828 CD, and that's all I'd want.
Pat

2005 Fly Deluxe Majik Blue
THD Univalve w/one12 Avatar Bottom(Eminence Private Jack)
Traynor YCV20WR
Line6 Flextone III(one 12)
various & assorted other acoustic & electric
Home Studio
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 10:43:29 AM by PatricBrown »
http://www.myspace.com/patrickronaldbrown

2000 Fly Stealth Gray Hard Tail, 2000 Reverend Slingshot, THD Univalvew/one12 Avatar Bottom(Eminence Private Jack), Traynor YCV20WR, Ableton Suite 8, various & assorted other acoustic & electric, Home Studio

It is better to know than to believe.

Live is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're going to get.

Offline guitarmanuk

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2006, 05:51:12 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by kwill

Well, with great trepidation I'll post a pic of my little pedal board.  I have a NiteFly Mojo.  The mag pickups go to the Zoom G2.1u, through a DI box direct to the PA.  The piezo pickups go to the SansAmp, out to the Zoom 504II, then through the DI box to the PA.  I know many look at digital stuff (especially cheap digital stuff!) with disdain but it works for me, to play a wide range of stuff.  One of my bandmates plays a vintage Les Paul through a board full of analog pedals into a JCM stack and generally the audience criticizes his sound as too loud/fuzzy.  Our other guitarist plays a Strat through a Line 6 Pod and it sounds great but the Pod electronics and algorhythms are getting dated (if that means anything).

Nothing wrong with what you are using IMHO.  My pedal board has been set up ready for my first Fly (as soon as I have enough pennies saved).  I currently use a Patrick Eggle Berlin Pro in to an AB box.  One side to a Korg GT1 tuner, the other side to a Zoom GFX-1 multi effects.  That is then output to a Mesa Boogie Calibre 50 which is awesome.  The second side of the pedal board will be for the piezo and that will run through a Zoom 504II acoustic processor direct into the PA, possible via a DI box if required.  It is a simple set up but it works for me, and that is what counts. Picture below.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 06:29:14 AM by guitarmanuk »
David

1997 Parker Fly Classic transparent Teal Green
1997 Parker Fly Concert Butterscotch

Offline beetle

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2006, 12:51:20 PM »
I have a Parker 98 Nitefly,which I put through a Marshall JCM 900 I have a GT-8 in the fx loop which I use only the FX.I have a Blade Tele and a Taylor acoustic.I have a  20 year old Kustom studio 4valve wich is humungously loud ,a tonelab SE which is great for modelling and some gibson picks thats it.

Offline Blade9012

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2006, 07:59:30 AM »
2003 Fender Mex 60s classic Strat w/2 Kinman PU's & 1 20 year old Bill Lawrence L250 (bridge)
2005 Fender Mex Nashville Tele (stock)
2006 Parker PM-20 (1 week old)

I'm by and large a single coil kinda guy, so my Strat will soon return to its original PUs. I really don't know why I got the Parker, and neither does my wife :-) It's GREAT for playing on, though - I haven't really made up my mind how much I like to listen to it. Guess I'll have to go through a humbucker adaptation period.

Korg AX3000G (replacement for a semi-retired Yamaha DG-Stomp. I miss the DG's rotary, however !), which goes into the loop return of a
Traynor YCV-80 2x12"

the Korg is convenient,but I alternatively use:
Jacques FuseBlower II
T-Rex CompNova
Tech21 Double Drive
Rocktron Astin Gold overdrive
Snarling Dogs VeryToneDog
Danelectro Tunamelt tremolo (dirt cheap and GREAT !)
Boss LS-2 line selector
i use from one to all of these depending on the context (The CompNova is (almost) always ON. Great product from an even greater company. EXCELLENT after-purchase service, even from abroad (It's made in Denmark))

Offline joems

« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2006, 08:05:47 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Blade9012

2003 Fender Mex 60s classic Strat w/2 Kinman PU's & 1 20 year old Bill Lawrence L250 (bridge)
2005 Fender Mex Nashville Tele (stock)
2006 Parker PM-20 (1 week old)

I'm by and large a single coil kinda guy, so my Strat will soon return to its original PUs. I really don't know why I got the Parker, and neither does my wife :-) It's GREAT for playing on, though - I haven't really made up my mind how much I like to listen to it. Guess I'll have to go through a humbucker adaptation period.

Korg AX3000G (replacement for a semi-retired Yamaha DG-Stomp. I miss the DG's rotary, however !), which goes into the loop return of a
Traynor YCV-80 2x12"

the Korg is convenient,but I alternatively use:
Jacques FuseBlower II
T-Rex CompNova
Tech21 Double Drive
Rocktron Astin Gold overdrive
Snarling Dogs VeryToneDog
Danelectro Tunamelt tremolo (dirt cheap and GREAT !)
Boss LS-2 line selector
i use from one to all of these depending on the context (The CompNova is (almost) always ON. Great product from an even greater company. EXCELLENT after-purchase service, even from abroad (It's made in Denmark))

[http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc024012bo.jpg]

[http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jedsstrap1fz.jpg]

Fly Classic - Romanized with SD Black Back pup(200?)
NItefly Mojo Trans Red(2005)
Fly Delux Majic Blu - .10 strings (200?)
NITEFLY SA 2005 (EMGHZ-Bridge pup)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 08:17:09 PM by joems »
Fly Delux Majic Blu

Offline thegrigg

• http://www.wldcard.com
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2006, 10:35:16 AM »
Parker Fly Classic
Fender Korean Strat
Ibanez RG560
Peavey JSX head
Marshall 1960A cab
Boss SD-1, GE-7, CE-3, DD-5
Crybaby Wah
Line6 Verbzilla

Havin' too much fun! (Stomp Box Junkie)

98 Parker Fly Classic, Peavy JSX head, Marshall 1960A cab.
98 Parker Fly Classic, Cheap Strat, White JEM, 68 Paul, Peavy JSX head, Marshall 1960A cab.
Us old guys don't know when to stop!
http://WWW.WLDCARD.COM

Offline thegrigg

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2006, 09:49:13 AM »

WWW.WLDCARD.COM
98 Parker Fly Classic, Cheap Strat, White JEM, 68 Paul, Peavy JSX head, Marshall 1960A cab.

Offline thegrigg

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2006, 10:00:54 AM »
Sorry. Had trouble learning how to insert pics. DUH!

[img=left]http://wldcard.com/guitarpics/parker.jpg [/img=left][img=right]http://wldcard.com/rig.jpg [/img=right]

WWW.WLDCARD.COM