Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What equipment does everyone play? Post here!  (Read 22260 times)

Offline Ron Vermillion

What equipment does everyone play? Post here!
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2006, 07:29:07 AM »
OK, I'll go Next:

Parker 2001 Classic Mahogany
Parker 2006 Mojo Single Cutaway Mahogany (soon to arrive and be pressed into service)
Fender USA '52 Reissue Telecaster butterscotch color with DiMarzzio Tone Zones, #9 Super Slinkies
Fender USA 2005 American Deluxe Tele in faded cherry, #9 Super Slinkies
Regal Tricone Resonator with custom internal pickup for that Delta stuff, Kept in Open G, Action Raised for Slide, Big Heavy Martin Bronze Strings
Gibson 1976 ES 347 in sunburst (like a Lucille or 355)
Gretch Rancher Orange Acoustic / Electric with Fishburn pickup
Yamaha Classic Nylon Stringer ( that needs a big hole played into the front of it)

Effects: Boss ME-50

Utility Amp: ( take it anywhere do anything - doesn't break)
Peavey Transtube EFX 112

Best Tones Amp:
Fender Blues Junior with Bill Machrone mods
External 12" Speaker Cab in a Blues Junior case (looks like twin Blues Juniors)
Both have Fender tilt legs installed and have twin amp stands to raise them up and tilt them back.

PA:
Yamaha Stagepas 300

Backing Music: (remember this is a solo act)
Roland Boss JS-5 Backing Machine
(I have about 80 songs cataloged with settings for the JS-5)

HP Pavilion Laptop with Hoster:
Hoster is Karaoke Software for a Karaoke DJ. You can run Karaoke backing music off the laptop, see the words on the screen and play along.
(I have about 100 songs loaded into Hoster that I can sing to, play leads on, etc.)

That's the band! oh yeah and me.

Ron  

Ron Vermillion
ronvermillion@comcast.net
Ron Vermillion
ronvermillion2176@gmail.com
2007 Fly Mojo Natural Mahogany

Offline CrazyChester

« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2006, 02:17:41 AM »
I just got my first fly in the mail today.  Here's a couple pictures.  I need to retake the guitar collection pic to include my new red 98 fly Classic.  The second pic is of my Blond amp collection.  I still need to take a group pic of my Blackface and Tweed amps and other amps that arn't blond.  I like Blonds.

CrazyChester followed me and he caught me in the fog...

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2006, 06:26:15 AM »
Wow, nice stuff.

Dude, you've got some bad ass GAS ! [:)]

Looks like you wiped out the entire guitar store [:D]

What is the little parlor on the far left ? [:p]

It will be interesting to see how your collection starts changing after you have played the Fly awhile [:0] [8D]

Custom '03 Hardtail Artist ; Fly Deluxe 2000; Gibson ES137; 1974 K.Yari DY85; Waterproof SchecterDisposable; Martin Backpacker/paddle combo;LarriveeParlor;VoxAD30VT
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 06:26:38 AM by Bill »
A few Flys in my soup

Offline CrazyChester

« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2006, 10:49:30 AM »
Yeah I have enough GAS to to float a blimp. Actually I've been collecting these for the past 45 years.  The little guy on the left is a ukelele I bought in Hawaii.  My favorites are (top row) the little  Lowden accoustic, PRS Hollowbody, Gretch (Bottom row) the 64 Gibson SG and the Lacewood Tobias Bass. I have an couple I would sell if the right Fly came along.  I played my new Classic for about 3 hours last night and I feel a bad case of the WIND coming on.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 10:50:09 AM by CrazyChester »

Offline TheGuitarGuy

• http://www.audiostreet.net/austinmacnutt
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2006, 09:38:40 PM »
Here's pictures of my set up at home:

Sorry for the bad picture quality, the camera was on some wierd setting and I didn't feel like taking new pictures, lol. Those pictures don't do justice to my Gibson and Parker, so here's some better pictures of them:

My Music

"Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." -- Jim Morrison
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 09:40:27 PM by TheGuitarGuy »
My Music

"Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." -- Jim Morrison

Offline portnoy

• http://www.facebook.com/pages/Huntingdon-United-Kingdom/MusicStreetUK/193947947906?ref=ts
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2006, 04:42:14 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by CrazyChester
Lighter.jpg[/IMG

Is that a fender Super-sonic i see in that picture? what are they like? i cant seem to find anyone with one in stock for me to try out :-(

Parker fly deluxe ice blue burst, Ibanez DMM1, Marshall MG250dfx. Boss GT8

Offline CrazyChester

« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2006, 12:18:10 AM »
From left to right top row: Boogie 22 Cal, Fender Bassman in combo cab, Boogie 2x10 Bass cab, Allen Old Flame 2x10. Bottom row: 66Fender BandMaster in Combo Cab, Allen Accomplice with JBL D120, Fender Vibro King, 2X10 extention cab. In the background there's a Fender Twin and a second Boogie 22 Cal. I have another 7 amps that are no pictured. I've been collecting them for almost 45 years.

Offline laughinglarry

• http://www.myspace.com/larrysmithmusic
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2006, 10:22:29 PM »
I'm running a rather complicated (but versatile!)setup:
Fly Stereo output - mag side to Rocktron Taboo Twin; Piezo to Midimate Multimixer 6 (6 channel mixer).
GK-2A pickup to GR-30 - Stereo outs to Multimixer 6.
Roland JX-8P mono to Multimixer, MIDI'd to JV-1010 module stereo out to Multimixer.
I can run the multimixer in stereo or mono to PA, same goes for Taboo Twin's direct outputs.
Boss TU-2 Tuner off Taboo Twin's tuner out.
Lexicon MPX R1 with Yamaha CV Pedal (set for volume control).

Also in the arsenal, but only used for recording:
LAB L5, Ampeg VH-140C, Korg A-3/FC-6 controller (VH-140C/A-3 was previous rig, prior to winning the Taboo Twin from Guitar Player [:D]), Silverface Fender Princeton, Danelectro Dirty Thirty.  At home keyboard is an Alesis QS8.1 (but I'm NOT hauling anything with 88 keys to a gig!)

Other guitars are listed in my signature.  I also have an MSA Pedal Steel that stays in a case (takes up too much room).  I usually keep the Tele in open D or DADGAD, but lately have been using it on a recording in standard tuning.

Basically, I can get electric, acoustic, and synth tones out of the Fly, have a reasonable keyboard rig, and occupy just 2 to 4 channels of PA.  It's a small nightmare to gig with, but ever so rewarding!  (I'm also the guy that has to set up the PA - of course...)

Larry

'97 Fly Deluxe (with GK-2A), '89 Strat Plus, '89 American Standard Tele, '92 Les Paul Custom, '99 Ibanez JS-1000, Ibanez Silver Series (Strat), Epiphone Dot, '65 Mustang, Ovation Mandolin, Yamaha BB3000AF, Peavey Foundation, Hamer Cruisebass

Offline supersecretjim

« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2006, 10:16:44 PM »
As promised earlier, here are some photos of my music/computer room...My sanctuary, if you will... Not pictured is the Massage chair I just got for me & my gal as a Christmas present. It showed up early - I highly suggest picking one up - if you have the means...

My Kramer Proaxe, Nightswan & Parker Nitefly M.
Down below is the control station...

Carvin CT-6M & Parker Fly Mojo Single cut flame top...

Parker 10th Anniversary fly...

Parker 10th & custom Wayne Charvel Villian.
Down below is my Crate acoustic CA112D amp...

Zoom MRS-1608CD & Samson 6" powered monitors...

17" Laptop & other computer stuff - not used for recording.

Future rock star - Affectionately known as "Little James" Right now he's my roadie & recording engineer!

Little James Modeling a Crate Power Block, Gallien Krueger 250ml combo, Peavey XXX 60 watt combo, Genz Benz G-flex 2x12 cab, Genz benz Black Pearl 30 combo class A amp, Line 6 pod xt live, & TC Electronics G-system. Various effects pedals running through the G-System which runs my two combo amps simultaneously in stereo or either amp one at a time, while automatically switching channels on the Triple XXX & turning on or off the boost feature on the Black Pearl!

Awesome.

Oh.. Elmo says "Hi"

As above, featuring twin Shadow S-140 Guitars...

Close up of effects & stuff...

Hope you all like!

By the way, I just got the Black Pearl about a month ago & its pretty incredible. Class A, single channel with boost feature. I think Guitar Player magazine will be running a comparo review on it in this months issue. I got mine for $900.00 brand new with warranty & all. Musicians friend & others sell it for $1300.00

Score one for James!

James W

Custom Wayne Charvel Villian, Carvin CT-6M flametop, Kramer Proaxe & Nightswan, Shadow S-140 guitars x3, 05 Parker Trans red burst Fly Mojo Single cut flame top, 10th Anniversary Fly Limited edition, Nitefly-M, TC Electronic G-System, Peavey XXX Combo, Crate acoustic 112 combo & Powerblock, GK 250 ml stereo combo, Genz Benz cabs, Pod XT Live, more stuff...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 10:51:06 PM by supersecretjim »
James W

Custom Wayne Charvel Villian, Carvin CT-6M flametop, Kramer Proaxe & Nightswan, Shadow S-140 guitars x3, 05 Parker Trans red burst Fly Mojo Single cut flame top, 10th Anniversary Fly Limited edition, Nitefly-M, Fractal Audio Axe-Fx Ultra (Is there really anything else?)

Offline esimms

« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2006, 09:16:45 PM »
Hey James, having a live in, full time guitar tech/roadie can get pretty expensive!
  -  Esau

Offline loumt123

« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2006, 10:01:25 PM »
that 10th custom is just too classy [;)]

Offline supersecretjim

« Reply #86 on: December 24, 2006, 02:03:11 AM »
He works in exchange for food & diapers!

James W

Custom Wayne Charvel Villian, Carvin CT-6M flametop, Kramer Proaxe & Nightswan, Shadow S-140 guitars x3, 05 Parker Trans red burst Fly Mojo Single cut flame top, 10th Anniversary Fly Limited edition, Nitefly-M, TC Electronic G-System, Peavey XXX Combo, Crate acoustic 112 combo & Powerblock, GK 250 ml stereo combo, Genz Benz cabs, Pod XT Live, more stuff...
James W

Custom Wayne Charvel Villian, Carvin CT-6M flametop, Kramer Proaxe & Nightswan, Shadow S-140 guitars x3, 05 Parker Trans red burst Fly Mojo Single cut flame top, 10th Anniversary Fly Limited edition, Nitefly-M, Fractal Audio Axe-Fx Ultra (Is there really anything else?)