Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Music Videos  (Read 3206 times)

Offline dave_r

Music Videos
« on: May 04, 2005, 04:58:26 AM »
NathanO's thread about image really has created a good discussion!!  I want to elaborate on it and was wondering how you guys think music vidoes have influenced the music industry?

What are your opinions on Vidoes? Faves?

Lets hear it!
[:)]

Music Videos

Offline David Tomkins

• Advanced Member
Music Videos
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 06:51:03 AM »
my earliest musical memory of videos is watching michael dance down the street and have the paving slabs light up (billie jean of course!!)

i also remember running home to catch the video of Dire Strait's Money for nothing on a kid's show - state of the art!![:)]
2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo signed by Steve Vai, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!

Music Videos

Offline 908ssp

Music Videos
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 12:43:37 PM »
I do believe they made huge difference in the 80's I don't believe they have as much influence now. But that might be because I don't watch them any more. I think the recording industry is going through some massive changes and hopefully they will just loose. I would like to see a grass roots web based proliferation of music directly from artist to buyer cutting the majority of the record labels out of the picture. Record labels have treated musician deplorably. I buy way more Cd's now that they are a click away then when I had to drive to the store. I am still old fashion here in that I want that plastic CD down loading music just isn't the same. [^]

Alex
1996 Parker Fly Deluxe
1998 Parker Fly Classic
1999 Parker NiteFly S/S/H NFV7
2004 Maven Peal Ganesha
2004 Marshall 4x12 Scumbag
Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG

Music Videos

Offline dave_r

Music Videos
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 01:54:25 PM »
I remember the first time i saw the money for nothing video!!! I remember thinking that it was so space age LOL!!!

I think the video for Metallica's one is timeless!!! really suits the song, also radiohead's street spirit, so surreal, melancholic and utterly captivating!!! Growing on me by the Darkness: a video that exemplifies the tongue in cheek nature of the band

I see music videos as potentially a work of art, as much as the music to go with it, a complement to the song maybe!

Is a shame that a lot of direction is so lazy, many of the videos i see around lately just consist of sex, fast cars and bullsh*t!!  

Wheres the Soul people? LOL!!!

« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 01:55:28 PM by dave_r »

Music Videos

Offline bostjan

• http://hometown.aol.com/__121b_L3tSnijvtzp0yjselCuPrmUti1/crMEW
Music Videos
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 03:42:30 PM »
videos were origionally good for new and unknown bands, as they could get kids to experience their music more easily.  very quickly after music videos became popular, the fat cats at the music industry exploited them.  someone ought to start a station that only shows videos from newly signed or unsigned bands.  i think it would go over really big.  younger kids seem to dislike the big name bands.

i don't listen to too much indie rock, but i've noticed that this genre is even being adulterated by the industry these days.  i think the industry is just realizing how close they are to losing their grip.  i'd hate to see things end up like they were in the 50's and 60's ever again.  some of those early artists unknowingly signed everything over to the industry and didn't even make enough to feed their children, even though they were making gold records.

...hmmm i ranted off topic, sorry.

Music Videos

Offline Star1

Music Videos
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 05:53:56 PM »

How bout a list of videos that feature Parker flys? I don´t think there are too many, but certainly a few.
Here goes:
Orgy-Blue monday
Pain of Salvation-The big machine
Opeth-Windowpane ( it´s only a slpit second but I´me sure its a fly )
I also think there is a Savage garden video with a fly.

Please post more if you guys can think of any.

Music Videos

Offline bostjan

• http://hometown.aol.com/__121b_L3tSnijvtzp0yjselCuPrmUti1/crMEW
Music Videos
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2005, 12:59:54 AM »
any bowie videos with a fly?  cky?  you know, i haven't seen a music video in soo long!

who was the first parker endorsee?

Music Videos

Offline loumt123

Music Videos
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2005, 11:42:52 AM »
Check out cky's IDR Video Album. Some really intelligent music videos..Like the song escape from hellview. The video follows the lyrics. Shock and terror and franetic amnesic are also some of my favorites. Inhuman Creation Station is interesting also.