Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Parker Guitars Future?  (Read 11511 times)

Offline usmcs

• Administrator
Parker Guitars Future?
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2006, 08:35:36 AM »
quote:
Perhaps you could find the time to give us a "state of the nation address" on repairs and accessories

Well repairs are pretty much completely caught up. There is no real back log other than the wait for finish work to be completed.

As far as parts go, we generally ahve every commonly requested part in stock. With teh following exceptions.
1.) Ribbon cables. Don't ahve them and can't get them. Along with the pots attached. We do have information on modifying the electronics to eliminate the ribbon cable however. If anyone needs it just ask.

2.) Trem springs. Occasionally we may run out of springs. We've had inventory problems this past year due to changing vendors for the springs. We think we have it ironed out and we should not have anymore inventory issues.

Other than that, we are fully stocked. We may occasionally run out of a part due to production needs but they should be restocked fairly quickly. If anyone needs to order parts, just email cservice@usmusiccorp.com or call the 1-800-877-6863 number and we'd be happy to place an order for you.

Mike Beatty
Customer Service Manager
U.S. Music Corp.
Customer Service
U.S. Music Corp.

Parker Guitars Future?

Offline bno

Parker Guitars Future?
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2006, 08:39:54 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by David Tomkins

awwww, there's a lot of love in the room right now....!!!  
There's always a lot of love in Parkertopia.  Love to complain, love to start rumors, love to hypothisize, love to pontificate, love conjecture, love excessive verbosity, and really love to argue. . .

oh, and of course there's the guitar.

Thanks for standing up and being recognized Mike.  The fog has lifted and we can see the sky is still where its supposed to be.
'94 Fly Deluxe
Listen first, then play.

Parker Guitars Future?

Offline Roland

Parker Guitars Future?
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2006, 02:57:36 PM »
Mike

It would be useful to see that information on modifying the electronics to eliminate the ribbon cable.  I've had to replace part of mine, and would like to convert the whole thing to conventional wiring when I can find the time.  Could it be posted on the main website, rather than on the forum where it will eventually get lost from view?

Roland
Roland
Read about 2008 India   http://mrspoppadum.blogspot.com/

Parker Guitars Future?

Offline simonlock

Parker Guitars Future?
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2006, 03:19:28 PM »
I would also like info on going PTP and replacing the ribbon. Can it be done without replacing the Fishman chip?

Simon

06 Parker Fly Mojo Flame-trans blue * 06 Parker Fly Mojo-trans cherry * 06 Parker Fly Classic-dusty black * 99 Parker Fly Classic-natural * 98 Parker Fly Deluxe-ruby red * 96 Parker Fly Standard-emerald green * 06 Parker Nitefly SA-trans blue * 05 Ibanez JS1200 * 05 La Patrie Quantum Nylon * Randall RG100SC G2 * Fender Acoustisonic Junior * Roland KC150 * Roland GR-33 and GK3 * Digitech GNX3

Parker Guitars Future?

Offline jamrcat

Parker Guitars Future?
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2006, 04:10:44 PM »
Thanks Mike for the updates and generally observations. I think it's wonderful as well that someone from Parker is willing to take the time to discuss concerns. I have an import Parker that I love but have been concerned about purchasing a higher-end Parker Fly with all of the rumors and headaches going around. After your posts I'm very optimistic that a future Fly purchase will be supported properly from a technical point. Again Thanks [^]

Butte, Montana
"A Fly for each hand!"

Parker Guitars Future?

Offline David Tomkins

• Advanced Member
Parker Guitars Future?
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2006, 02:18:58 AM »
great post, bno!!
thanks mike!
2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo signed by Steve Vai, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!

Parker Guitars Future?

Offline usmcs

• Administrator
Parker Guitars Future?
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2006, 11:18:57 AM »
We're going to try to get the wiring diagram on the main Parker site.
Simon, yes you keep the power chip all you're doing is re-wiring the new jack in place of the ribbon cable. ONe word of cautino though, you have to be very careful soldering to the power chip. If it gets too hot, you could ruin it.

Mike Beatty
Customer Service Manager
U.S. Music Corp.
Customer Service
U.S. Music Corp.

Parker Guitars Future?

Offline simonlock

Parker Guitars Future?
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2006, 01:43:49 PM »
Thank you kindly Mike. Also I'd like to add how tickled I am to see you posting on the board. Having such a great forum with first hand info just makes playing a Parker(or 8) that much better!

Simon

06 Parker Fly Mojo Flame-trans blue * 06 Parker Fly Mojo-trans cherry * 06 Parker Fly Classic-dusty black * 99 Parker Fly Classic-natural * 98 Parker Fly Deluxe-ruby red * 96 Parker Fly Standard-emerald green * 06 Parker Nitefly SA-trans blue * 05 Ibanez JS1200 * 05 La Patrie Quantum Nylon * Randall RG100SC G2 * Fender Acoustisonic Junior * Roland KC150 * Roland GR-33 and GK3 * Digitech GNX3

Parker Guitars Future?

Offline jd84mc884qb

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
Parker Guitars Future?
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2006, 01:47:20 PM »
The input jack modification diagram is now posted on the Parker site. From the main menu go to Resources/Downloads/Manuals. It's at the bottom of the page and titled New Input Jack Modification On Old Parkers. Here's the direct link to the page:
http://www.parkerguitars.com/code/resour/resour_manuals.asp

Cheers,
Bill

Parker Guitars Future?

Offline bno

Parker Guitars Future?
« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2006, 03:36:02 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by jd84mc884qb

The input jack modification diagram is now posted on the Parker site. From the main menu go to Resources/Downloads/Manuals. It's at the bottom of the page and titled New Input Jack Modification On Old Parkers. Here's the direct link to the page:
http://www.parkerguitars.com/code/resour/resour_manuals.asp

Cheers,
Bill

That's absolutely fabulous, Bill.  I would again caution everyone quite sternly about cooking the preamp.  And if you do you are SOL because there simply aren't any more of them. (Axel or someone who has done a mod might have an old one).  I wouldn't recommend doing this to a Legacy Fly unless it was truly necessary. However, we now know how to save the old Fishman if the wiring goes bad.  Cool beyond words.

And to get back on topic.  Based on what we're seeing here - both the future and the past of Parker Guitars does look fine indeed.  Kudos.
'94 Fly Deluxe
Listen first, then play.

Parker Guitars Future?

Offline portnoy

• http://www.facebook.com/pages/Huntingdon-United-Kingdom/MusicStreetUK/193947947906?ref=ts
Parker Guitars Future?
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2006, 04:33:24 PM »
welcome mike and bill, thanks for taking your time and having an input into the forums! i love parker guitars just like all the guys on here! im really pineing for my replacement one to arrive here in the uk in january! its killing me :-(

Parker fly deluxe ice blue burst, Ibanez DMM1, Marshall MG250dfx. Boss GT8

Parker Guitars Future?

Offline 908ssp

Parker Guitars Future?
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2006, 04:46:31 PM »
I hate to point out that the drawing only covers one small part of the ribbon cable the bit between the jack and the switch. It really addresses replacing the input jack. Certainly better then nothing. I was fortunate at the time mine broke because they still had the section I needed. The ribbon between the tone control and the selector switch broke so I ordered and received the ribbon, the selector switch, both mag volume pots, and the tone pot all one piece.

What we will most likely need in the future is a schematic that covers the entire wiring of the pre-refined fly. So it will be possible to substitute the new Powerchip and save the pots and switches we already have. Maybe one of us can do it when the inevitable happens. [;)]

[^]

Alex

Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG