Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A couple more used Flys...  (Read 1668 times)

Offline 908ssp

A couple more used Flys...
« on: October 29, 2006, 04:10:52 PM »
I got a couple more Flys. The Artist this week and the Deluxe last week. [;)]

The Deluxe is a hardtail which I wanted and like. I was hoping it would have a fat neck like my white Deluxe but it doesn't. It has a couple of chips and some minor scratches but it set up beautifully and plays great. I changed the pickups for 2nd generation Dimarzios with two color bobbins.

The Artist too is used and has a few marks on it. They don't bother me at all. It too has a standard size neck not as fat as my white Deluxe that one must just be an odd ball. The Artist is a tremolo model but I removed most all the mechanism converting it to a fixed bridge. I replaced the Dimarzios for a set of 2nd generation pickups. I replaced the knobs for vintage Gibson style tophats. I plan on changing the sticker over the tremolo spring adjuster knob hole with something else when something else comes along. I also made some switch extensions. The artist is light as a feather, it was light before it is even lighter now that the tremolo mechanism is gone. It sounds terrific.

Alex

Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG

Offline portnoy

• http://www.facebook.com/pages/Huntingdon-United-Kingdom/MusicStreetUK/193947947906?ref=ts
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 04:28:10 PM »
your getting a nice collection of flies, Congrats mate.

you photography is fantastic also

Parker fly deluxe ice blue burst, Ibanez DMM1, Marshall MG250dfx. Boss GT8

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 04:40:13 PM »
Very nice job. Congradulations.

[:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)]

Custom '03 Hardtail Artist ; Fly Deluxe 2000; Gibson ES137; 1974 K.Yari DY85; Waterproof SchecterDisposable; Martin Backpacker/paddle combo;LarriveeParlor;VoxAD30VT
A few Flys in my soup

Offline Tritonemusic

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 05:37:06 PM »
Can you try and describe the sonic differences you hear between a trem bridge and a fixed bridge?  I really wanted a fixed bridge but was not willing to wait and pay for a custom job.  Still, if the fixed bridge is a dramatic difference, I would probably order one (I don't use whammy bars).

-Rade-

Offline 908ssp

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 06:16:50 PM »
Thanks guys[:I]

The photos are made possible with a fabric back drop and tripod. Oh and Photoshop. [;)]

I had all the guitars laying on the floor unplugged and tried to hear a difference there was some but it is awfully small and hard to describe. Plugged in there is more difference but still hard to determine what causes what. I was surprised at how much louder the 2nd generation Dimarzios were louder then the Duncans. I'll keep listening maybe I can over time come to some conclusions.

[^]

Alex

Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG

Offline uburoibob

• Bob Martin 11:11
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 07:51:04 PM »
Very nice, Alex. The Artist is lovely, and the weight is just ridiculous. As I've said, my hardtail artist weighs less than 4lbs, and I will bet yours weighs even less, due to having a larger cavity carved out of it. My Artist is the most resonant unplugged, but my Classic is a close second. An ear up to the base of the hook over the upper bout of the guitar generally lets you hear it best.

Congrats!

Bob

2000 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail  *  1999 Parker Fly Deluxe w/DiBurro Roland Mod Metallic Red  * 1998 Fly Classic in Transparent Dark Blue (thanks, Darren!) •  Now on a signature reduction program! Just the Flies, maam. *  www.rtmadvertising.com
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 07:51:26 PM by uburoibob »
1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail Butterscotch -   2000 Fly Standard Classic in Cherry Red - http://bobmartin1111.com

Offline Lwinn171

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 10:28:08 PM »
Nice!! Fly acquisition is a glorious thing... Congrats on the growing family!

Lawrence Winn
"42.7 percent of all statistics are made-up on the spot."
2001 Fly Classic, Green
Larivee Parlour Guitar
Several inferior others
Mesa Boogie MK IV
Marshall 2-12 cab

Lawrence Winn
2001 Classic, 98 Deluxe
various amps, various toys

Offline sfw

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 06:36:06 AM »
Serious drool factor. Very interested in your Artist mods (I also prefer the gibson style knobs you chose too, well done), as once the p6 get here, the Artist Hardtail (or with hartail like mods) is the first Fly on my agenda. Congrats Alex, very nice purchases. Definately setting the photo standard too. Oh, for some more time...

- Scott

P6 Black (on its way)
PM10; PM20; Franken-Fenders
Randall RM4,RT2/50 (1086, Clean, TopBoost)
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric
- Scott

PM10; Few Nitefly's; Franken-Fenders
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric, Pink Hello Kitty

Offline guitarmanuk

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 07:08:00 AM »
Alex.  They are a great addition to your Fly stable, congratulations.  I really like the Artist, that is sweet.

David

Currently saving hard for my first Parker

www.dancineasy.co.uk my wedding/function band
www.saxandguitar.co.uk my sax and guitar duo
David

1997 Parker Fly Classic transparent Teal Green
1997 Parker Fly Concert Butterscotch

Offline David Tomkins

• Advanced Member
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 02:05:32 AM »
send those pics to parker so that they can use them in their next ad campaign!!  good job, fella!!
have you decided what number of flys you are going to stop at?  i am already jealous!!
2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo signed by Steve Vai, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!

Offline titanium667

• Find me on Facebook
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 07:57:14 AM »
Those zebra pickups and and numbered knobs
look great on the red deluxe! Do you prefer the
hard tail parkers? Just curious why you locked
the trem on the artist.[^]

Glenn

1999 Parker Fly Jazz

www.myspace.com/humankindness ¥ www.myspace.com/kidsafterdark
On the verge of Superstardom, for over 35years!