Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aer Compact 60  (Read 1732 times)

Offline guitarmanuk

Aer Compact 60
« on: December 08, 2006, 01:12:43 PM »
Whilst I was waitng for my Fly to have its set up I had the chance to play a new refined Fly through an AER Compact 60. All I can say is wow!! I can't believe that so much sound can come from such a small unit. I think it only has an 8 inch speaker but the tone was amazing. The acoustic sound was very convincing and even the humbuckers sounded good. It also has a second channel that will take a mic so I am thinking of putting sax thought that side so it can be used for the duo gigs.  I'd love to turn up at a gig with 1 guitar, 1 amp and a couple of leads, that would be amazing.

Dear Santa. I've been a very good boy this year and all I want for Christmas is an AER Compact 60. Thankyou.

David

1997 Parker Fly Classic transparent Teal Green

www.dancineasy.co.uk my wedding/function band
www.saxandguitar.co.uk my sax and guitar duo
David

1997 Parker Fly Concert Butterscotch

Aer Compact 60

Offline portnoy

• http://www.facebook.com/pages/Huntingdon-United-Kingdom/MusicStreetUK/193947947906?ref=ts
Aer Compact 60
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 05:49:56 PM »
now you see what i mean!  i love them so darn much. i may get one later this year, Ive got to upgrade my other amp first. The AER is definatly the best acoustic amplifier ive played so far, and so darn tiny! was it ok working with the humbuckers, i was going to use it as my Clean amp also.

so.....

Dear Santa, I have been a fairly good boy this year, I've only Scared and played tricks on only a few waiters and waitresses at work (honest[:D]) so can i pretty please have for christmas this year, a AER compact 60, A laney VH100R head and TT412A cabinet. and  A new apple Macbook,

thank you santa

[:p]

Kavan,

Fly deluxe - ice blue burst, Ibanez DMM1 daron malakian signature model,   01 gibson gothic explorer. Marshall MG250DFX, Boss GT8 Processor, Elixr Strings

www.myspace.com/suicidesticks (my myspace page)
www.myspace.co/kavanprice (my myspace music page)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 05:51:34 PM by portnoy »

Aer Compact 60

Offline guitarmanuk

Aer Compact 60
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 05:09:40 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by portnoy

now you see what i mean!  i love them so darn much. i may get one later this year, Ive got to upgrade my other amp first. The AER is definatly the best acoustic amplifier ive played so far, and so darn tiny! was it ok working with the humbuckers, i was going to use it as my Clean amp also.

Yes, I plugged it in with a mono cable and was able to get a reasonable sound with the HBs, quite a jazzy sound which is exactly what I would want for the sax and guitar duo.  All joking apart, it is very high om my wants list.

David

David

Aer Compact 60

Offline portnoy

• http://www.facebook.com/pages/Huntingdon-United-Kingdom/MusicStreetUK/193947947906?ref=ts
Aer Compact 60
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 09:09:54 AM »
cool, I love the tone it produces with the piezos. ill have to try it with the magnetics next time. I'm still on the search for an amp with a clean channel that i like the most, Fender is the best so far but not suited to my main playing style. ive got to go and check out the laney i like the look of. so once all said and done and bought, ill be looking at the AER compact 60 also.

what amps do  you usually use anyhoo?

Kavan,

Fly deluxe - ice blue burst(soon but not soon enough), Ibanez DMM1 daron malakian signature model,   01 gibson gothic explorer. Marshall MG250DFX, Boss GT8 Processor, Elixr Strings

www.myspace.com/suicidesticks (my myspace page)
www.myspace.co/kavanprice (my myspace music page)

Aer Compact 60

Offline guitarmanuk

Aer Compact 60
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 09:55:47 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by portnoy
what amps do  you usually use anyhoo?

My main amp is a Mesa Boogie Calibre 50+.  It is about 15 years old now so just "run in"[:D] Unlike the newer Boogie 50s that tend to run a pair of EL34s, this has a pair of 6L6s in the main power section so sounds really sweet.  I don't have anythng to run the piezos through, hence trying the AER, although I could run them through the main PA with is all Mackie stuff.  The only problem with that is getting the foldback right.  I try and keep that mainly for vocal and even keep the brass low on it so I am not sure how much guitar I could get without muddying things up too much.  I would rather have a separate amp behind me so I can hear all the mistakes I still make after all these years![:I]

David

David