Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: dead parker  (Read 2478 times)

Offline adinfinitum

dead parker
« on: December 10, 2006, 08:52:19 PM »
my parker fly is dead - no sound from theguitar using pickups or piezo.  i changed the battery and jiggled the 1/4 in input, but i still get no sound..  any ideas??

todd
tjbraverman@bryancave.com

dead parker

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
dead parker
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 09:32:25 PM »
Yeah and its not dead...its just sleeping. [|)] [:)]

Custom '03 Hardtail Artist ; Fly Deluxe 2000; Gibson ES137; 1974 K.Yari DY85; SchecterDisposable; Martin Backpacker/paddle combo;LarriveeParlor;VoxAD30VT;SWR California Blonde
A few Flys in my soup

dead parker

Offline 908ssp

dead parker
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 09:50:55 PM »
Ever see those Flys belly up on the window sill in winter. You think to yourself I got to clean that up and you forget and it is still there a week later and then the sun comes out. Then you remember so you go to clean it up and the thing is alive [:0] That's like your Fly it will be back.

Now that I got that little fantasy out of the way. We need more info. Jacks are suspect, broken ribbon cable, broken battery lead etc...

[^]

Alex

« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 09:52:14 PM by 908ssp »
Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG

dead parker

Offline Paul Marossy

• Excuse me while I kiss The Fly
dead parker
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 11:28:01 PM »
Check the battery holder. Do you see any cracks on it? If so, then you may have had the same thing happen to you as happened to me - the battery holder cracked and that caused the metal parts inside the holder to not make good contact with the battery terminals. I just bent the metal parts a little bit to make a positive contact with the battery and my dead Nitefly was resurrected. [8D]

__/\\/\\__PJM__/\\/\\__
www.DIYguitarist.com
www.myspace.com/j201jams

dead parker

Offline uburoibob

• Bob Martin 11:11
dead parker
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 11:36:55 PM »
I am presuming two things: 1. it was plugged into an amp and 2. you tried a different cord. With those out of the way, let's start with the obvious question - what year and model? Is it older, with an LED that flashes briefly when you push a 1/4" plug in? If so, does it flash briefly?

Let's start with answers to those questions.

Bob

2000 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail  *  1999 Parker Fly Deluxe w/DiBurro Roland Mod Metallic Red  * 1998 Fly Classic in Transparent Dark Blue (thanks, Darren!) •  Now on a signature reduction program! Just the Flies, maam. *  www.rtmadvertising.com
1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail Butterscotch -   2000 Fly Standard Classic in Cherry Red - http://bobmartin1111.com

dead parker

Offline MicFarlow77

dead parker
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 11:12:49 AM »
I think I am going to act on Alex's fantasy and sun my Parker a little today... I little extra Vitamin D can't hurt it any......

Maybe an hour or so on each side......

By summer time, I'll have the best tanned and buff Parker in the world..... woohoo

[8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]

All the advice here is good, and will get you on down the road, but we all still need a little more info to be able to help a more effectively.

Thanks,

Mick

dead parker

Offline David Tomkins

• Advanced Member
dead parker
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 11:20:21 AM »
er....did i miss something?
2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo signed by Steve Vai, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!

dead parker

Offline sfw

dead parker
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 02:35:51 PM »
Just the mushrooms David, I think we missed the mushrooms..... Why didn't I take the red pill..

- Scott

Fly Artist (purchase fund started)
P6 Black
PM10; PM20; Franken-Fenders
Randall RM4,RT2/50 (1086, Clean, TopBoost)
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric
- Scott

PM10; Few Nitefly's; Franken-Fenders
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric, Pink Hello Kitty