Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Your experience with Shreve Audio?  (Read 1919 times)

Offline jazzrat

Your experience with Shreve Audio?
« on: December 30, 2006, 09:54:07 AM »
Guys, need a little help. I'm sure it's just my normal hyper impatient nature but I'm a little nervous about my order.

I realize they are in the middle of a closeout so I'm preprared to be
patient but I'm curious if they normally confirm orders and give tracking numbers, that sort of thing.

I ordered a Classic and amp by phone, sent the PayPal payment and a follow up e-mail to the salesman per his request. I called them and they said it's in the system but no invoice, no tracking number not even an e-mail back. Not here to bash anybody but I buy a lot of stuff online and usually have a little more of a comfort level than this.
Fly Classic, Ibanez AS-193, Eric Johnson Strat, Eastman AR403-CE, Cordoba Fusion 12 Maple, Fretless Jazz Bass

Offline simonlock

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 10:07:52 AM »
They're proabably busy with the holidays etc. They didn't even reply to 2 emails i sent about a week ago. Possibly the guy that normally handles this kind of paperwork is the one on a two week holiday?

Simon
Vancouver,BC

'00 Parker Fly Supreme-Butterscotch
'06 Nylon Fly(coming soon thanks Jamie!)
'99 Parker Fly Artist w/Ken Parker signature(coming soon)
'06 Parker Fly Mojo-T/Cherry
'06 Parker Fly Classic-Dusty Black
'99 Parker Fly Classic-Natural
'99 Parker Fly Classic-T/Cherry
'96 Parker Fly Standard-Emerald Green

Offline jamrcat

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 10:22:51 AM »
quote:
Not here to bash anybody but I buy a lot of stuff online and usually have a little more of a comfort level than this.
I emphasize with you, but I agree with Simon! In another thread the statement was made how they have never sold so many Parkers in all the time they've been a Parker dealer, as they have in the last few weeks! With the holidays, all the business, and returns as we have seen them work with one of our forum members, it is understandable to me! [^] They have shown by their actions to be reputable even to the extent that a member received the wrong serial number on their Fly they purchased - this company made it right! That's real customer service! A little more patience will be worth the wait IMHO! [;)]

A note: I emphasize with you, waiting is the hardest thing! I feel your pain! [:(]

01' Parker Fly Classic w/SD Black Backs
05' Parker TR P-36 Modified w/SD's
Korg AX1500G, D-Tar Mama Bear
jamrcat
Butte, Montana
"A Fly for each hand!"

jwrooker

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 01:30:31 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by jamrcat

quote:
Not here to bash anybody but I buy a lot of stuff online and usually have a little more of a comfort level than this.
I emphasize with you, but I agree with Simon! In another thread the statement was made how they have never sold so many Parkers in all the time they've been a Parker dealer, as they have in the last few weeks! With the holidays, all the business, and returns as we have seen them work with one of our forum members, it is understandable to me! [^] They have shown by their actions to be reputable even to the extent that a member received the wrong serial number on their Fly they purchased - this company made it right! That's real customer service! A little more patience will be worth the wait IMHO! [;)]

A note: I emphasize with you, waiting is the hardest thing! I feel your pain! [:(]

It's a tough time to ship with two back to back Monday holidays.  I'm waiting for a delivery, too and the seller and I decided to hold off on shipping until Tuesday so it wouldn't sit on a truck or in a cold warehouse over the long weekend.  I think UPS is running on Tuesday even though all Government agencies are closed for Pres. Ford's funeral.

John
98 Fly Classic w/Gen 1's
98 Fly Classic w/Duncan rewinds
03 Fly Mojo (Coming soon)
NiteFly M w/Duncans
In Search Of: NiteFly SA
Gibson ES-335 Light Burst

Offline jazzrat

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 05:43:28 PM »
I was totally prepared to wait with the holidays and all. I was just hoping for an e-mail or some response that confirms that I actually placed an order and had paid in full.
Ya'll are right I'm sure. I'll just cool my jets.
I guess I was more asking what their normal procedure was and if this scenario fit the usual deal.
Thanks
Fly Classic, Ibanez AS-193, Eric Johnson Strat, Eastman AR403-CE, Cordoba Fusion 12 Maple, Fretless Jazz Bass

jwrooker

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 06:12:32 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by jazzrat

I was totally prepared to wait with the holidays and all. I was just hoping for an e-mail or some response that confirms that I actually placed an order and had paid in full.
Ya'll are right I'm sure. I'll just cool my jets.
I guess I was more asking what their normal procedure was and if this scenario fit the usual deal.
Thanks

You paid via PayPal, so you have some recourse if they don't deliver.  The way they've treated others, I think you'll be OK and you'll be grinning soon.

John
  • 98 Fly Classic w/Gen 1's
  • 98 Fly Classic w/Duncan rewinds
  • 03 Fly Mojo (Coming soon)
  • 03 NiteFly M w/Duncans

Offline kpugatch

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 08:11:11 PM »
I would not worry.

When I bought by classic they failed to call me with a tracking number, so I followed up with a phone call and it turned out they had not shipped it the prior day as they said they would.  They were very apologetic and got it right out.  I think they also shipped it express at no extra charge because it came pretty quick.

I would just call them (don't rely on email).  

It is probably on its way.

James
98 Fly Classic  Trans-green
05 Fly Mojo Blue flame
James
01 Maple Classic - Cherry
08 Mojo - Ice Burst

Offline cy2989

• http://chrisyoungportraits.com
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 09:04:46 AM »
Jazzrat,

I purchased a Fly Deluxe from Shreve just a couple of weeks ago and they are very reputable.  They treated me very well and while they made a mistake and shipped me the wrong guitar, they made it right for me.  The Guy I dealt with was Jake.  He's a very good guy.  I'm sure everything is fine.

Chris
Tulipwood Deluxe #9, Tom Anderson Crowdster, Huss & Dalton CM, Montalvo Cocobolo Flamenco, Godin Flat Five X, Godin Multiac Nylon SA, Pavan Classical

Offline uburoibob

• Bob Martin 11:11
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 09:10:32 AM »
WIth Shreve, you have to count on dealing with them on the phone. They were never great at email communication, and I suspect even less so now. But they are GREAT on the phone!

Bob

1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail  â€¢ 1998 Fly Classic in Transparent Dark Blue (thanks, Darren!) •  1998 Fly Classic in Cherry Red with DiBurro Roland Mod • Now on a signature reduction program! Just the Flies, maam. •  www.rtmadvertising.com
1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail Butterscotch -   2000 Fly Standard Classic in Cherry Red - http://bobmartin1111.com

Offline jazzrat

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 10:43:24 PM »
Thanks guys, I'll bide my time.

Offline Musicman1

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 10:14:20 AM »
I was on Shreve's website yesterday and it indicates that they are closing up shop.  I assume I was on the correct site for Shreve Audio out of Louisiana. They now prompt you to go to a site called coolassguitars.com.

Musicman1

2005 Parker P44 in trans red
2002 EB MM Axis Sport  in trans gold
1984 Custom made boutique Strat
1977 Guild D40 NT
1976 Gibson 335 Custom in sunburst
A variety of amps and effects

« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 10:15:19 AM by Musicman1 »
Musicman1's current arsenal includes:
2007 EB MM JP6, Mystic Dream, piezo, matching headstock, dot inlays
2005 Parker P44, trans red
2002 EB MM Axis Sport  trans gold, rosewood fingerboard, hum/hum, vintage trem, matching headstock
1977 Guild D40 NT
A variety of "tube free", absolutely non-boutique and completely replaceable amps and effects

Offline jazzrat

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 10:29:53 AM »
That's correct MM1. They are still open for now and taking calls. Just got the tracking number for my fly so I can breathe again.

'98 Emerald Classic, '05 Eric Johnson Strat, '04 Epiphone Emperor Regent, MIM jazz bass, Takemine '95 SC-132EC

Offline Musicman1

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 01:50:13 PM »
Good to hear jazz.

Musicman1

2005 Parker P44 in trans red
2002 EB MM Axis Sport  in trans gold
1977 Guild D40 NT
A variety of amps and effects

Musicman1's current arsenal includes:
2007 EB MM JP6, Mystic Dream, piezo, matching headstock, dot inlays
2005 Parker P44, trans red
2002 EB MM Axis Sport  trans gold, rosewood fingerboard, hum/hum, vintage trem, matching headstock
1977 Guild D40 NT
A variety of "tube free", absolutely non-boutique and completely replaceable amps and effects

Offline jamrcat

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 06:49:52 PM »
quote:
Just got the tracking number for my fly so I can breathe again.
So when does your new baby arrive! [:p]

01' Parker Fly Classic w/SD Black Backs
05' Parker TR P-36 Modified w/SD's
Korg AX1500G, D-Tar Mama Bear

jamrcat
Butte, Montana
"A Fly for each hand!"

Offline jazzrat

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 09:21:42 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by jamrcat

quote:
Just got the tracking number for my fly so I can breathe again.
So when does your new baby arrive! [:p]
jamrcat
Butte, Montana

Thursday! Gonna be a fun week. I've got the Classic coming as well as an Epiphone Archtop and a Roland Cube 30.

'98 Emerald Classic, '05 Eric Johnson Strat, '04 Epiphone Emperor Regent, MIM jazz bass, Takemine '95 SC-132EC