Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I wish we could all hang out-Parker Convention????  (Read 7936 times)

Offline jazzrat

I wish we could all hang out-Parker Convention????
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2007, 08:34:08 AM »
Scott, I was making the suggestion kind of tongue in cheek but it can be done. I hang at the Fender Discussion Page also and a couple years ago they came up with an FDP Strat that members could pre-order. Once numbers hit the minimum set by Fender they put it into production. Members got to vote on what they wanted but in the end the Forum admin made the final choice and in general I think everyone was pleased to get one even if it wasn't exactly their spec.

'98 Emerald Classic (soon), '05 Eric Johnson Strat, '04 Epiphone Emperor Regent, MIM jazz bass, Takemine '95 SC-132EC
Fly Classic, Ibanez AS-193, Eric Johnson Strat, Eastman AR403-CE, Cordoba Fusion 12 Maple, Fretless Jazz Bass

jwrooker

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2007, 08:43:47 AM »
My favorite would never win out here...  

Non refined coltrol layout, Gen 1 pickups, original preamp board (there has to be someone who can recreate that board), transparent gloass finish on mahogany.  

[:D][:D]

John
  • 98 Fly Classic w/Gen 1's
  • 98 Fly Classic w/Duncan rewinds
  • 03 Fly Mojo (Coming soon)
  • 03 NiteFly M w/Duncans

Offline jazzrat

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2007, 09:04:33 AM »
That would be cool John.
I would vote for a Deluxe with the non-refined controls setup, Duncan pups, Teal Mist finish with headstock finish matching body.

'98 Emerald Classic (soon), '05 Eric Johnson Strat, '04 Epiphone Emperor Regent, MIM jazz bass, Takemine '95 SC-132EC
Fly Classic, Ibanez AS-193, Eric Johnson Strat, Eastman AR403-CE, Cordoba Fusion 12 Maple, Fretless Jazz Bass

Offline baronthecat

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2007, 11:42:54 AM »

I think it would be cool if they gave us a neat multi-faceted fly's eye graphic. Something other than the usual solids and bursts.

2006 Parker Fly Classic, transparent cherry.
2006 Parker Fly Custom, majik blue.
Roland GP-100.
Mesa V-Twin rackmount.
2005 Parker Fly Classic, transparent cherry.

You could spend forever picking the right amp for each string.

Offline PeterMa

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2007, 04:56:24 PM »
I know that all of us would love to have a custom Parker,but....,

I am curious what a person that would think about attending a Convention for Parker guitar enthusiasts would like (dictated by Reality).

My thoughts include:

-a tour of the factory.
-a presentation from a Parker employee about the guitars, history, manufacturing techniques.
-a Parker Jam session.  It would be awesome to get Martone or German to do a clinic!
-a Q&A session with a Parker employee-manager or higher.
-of course a shirt would be cool or hat.
-a lodging location within easy access to the factory and Central Chicago.
-scheduled at a time to take advantage of cheap airfares and Chicago music festivals.

If enough people were into this idea, we may be able to get reduced fees on accomodations, rental cars, etc.

I have thought and talked with a bunch more people about doing it at NAMM.  It is expensive to get the passess for companies & if they can get extras, it wouldn't be enough for everyone to go.

I think that doing it in Chicago would be great.

I have already made a call to the Parker Artist Manager.

How does this sound?

My thought is that since this is the first time that it would be best to keep it on the smaller side and focussed as opposed to trying to do too many things.

2001 Parker Deluxe
1998 Parker Classic With SD pick-up mod.
Peter in MA.

Offline 908ssp

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2007, 06:27:38 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by PeterMa

I know that all of us would love to have a custom Parker,but....,

I am curious what a person that would think about attending a Convention for Parker guitar enthusiasts would like (dictated by Reality).

My thoughts include:

-a tour of the factory.
-a presentation from a Parker employee about the guitars, history, manufacturing techniques.
-a Parker Jam session.  It would be awesome to get Martone or German to do a clinic!
-a Q&A session with a Parker employee-manager or higher.
-of course a shirt would be cool or hat.
-a lodging location within easy access to the factory and Central Chicago.
-scheduled at a time to take advantage of cheap airfares and Chicago music festivals.

If enough people were into this idea, we may be able to get reduced fees on accomodations, rental cars, etc.

I have thought and talked with a bunch more people about doing it at NAMM.  It is expensive to get the passess for companies & if they can get extras, it wouldn't be enough for everyone to go.

I think that doing it in Chicago would be great.

I have already made a call to the Parker Artist Manager.

How does this sound?

My thought is that since this is the first time that it would be best to keep it on the smaller side and focussed as opposed to trying to do too many things.

Peter in MA.

2001 Parker Deluxe
1998 Parker Classic With SD pick-up mod.

I agree.[;)]
[^]

Alex

Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG

Offline laughinglarry

• http://www.myspace.com/larrysmithmusic
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2007, 06:54:02 PM »
Peter,

I think that you've got a great starting point. I know you'll be on the board as soon as you've had a chance to talk to a honcho.  The only other request that I'd have is likely implausible at best, but I'd like a meet and greet with THE MAN himself! (I don't know anything about his involvement or lack thereof since the purchase. Hey, it's a wish list, right?)

And as far as discounted guitars go, everyone knows that the black ones play better, right?[8D]

'97 Fly Deluxe (with GK-2A), '89 Strat Plus, '89 American Standard Tele, '92 Les Paul Custom, '99 Ibanez JS-1000, Ibanez Silver Series (Strat), Epiphone Dot, '65 Mustang, Hohner G3T, Yamaha BB3000AF, Peavey Foundation, Hamer Cruisebass
http://www.myspace.com/larrysmithmusic

Offline jamrcat

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2007, 09:43:16 PM »
Keep it simple with just enough stuff going on to keep everyone interested and happy! [^]

01' Parker Fly Classic w/SD Black Backs
05' Parker TR P-36 Modified w/SD's
Korg AX1500G, D-Tar Mama Bear

jamrcat
Butte, Montana
"A Fly for each hand!"

Offline kpugatch

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2007, 11:12:46 PM »
Peter,

Sounds ideal!  

James
98 Fly Classic  Trans-green
05 Fly Mojo Blue flame
James
01 Maple Classic - Cherry
08 Mojo - Ice Burst

Offline baronthecat

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2007, 06:41:55 AM »

It would be REALLY cool if they could Mr. Parker himself to show up. I know a bunch of people who wished they could have caught the speaking tour. Maybe he could bring his new archtop along. Better have extra napkins for all the drooling(sp?)

If Schauss and Martone play I won't miss the event.

2006 Parker Fly Classic, transparent cherry.
Roland GP-100.
Mesa V-Twin rackmount.
2005 Parker Fly Classic, transparent cherry.

You could spend forever picking the right amp for each string.

Offline sfw

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2007, 06:42:03 AM »
Perfect!

- Scott

Fly Artist (purchase fund started)
P6; PM10; PM20; Franken-Fenders
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric, Pink Hello Kitty
- Scott

PM10; Few Nitefly's; Franken-Fenders
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric, Pink Hello Kitty

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2007, 10:37:19 AM »
Peter that is a great idea. I would love to meet everyone in person. I think this forum has crept into all of our lives more than we expected.

I agree keep it simple. Since we have to meet somewhere simple, seems logical to make it chicago and tour the factory. This could be great pr for Parker as we all are fairly well behaved and love the guitar.

But this is almost as much a Ken Parker fan club. It would be awesome to have him there for a short talk and maybe sign our favorite Fly !!!

A Forum Fly would be neat but probably reaching too far. The Martin forum has a cool one now but this is a subset of small body guitar nuts. We all know what you get when something is designed by committee. A mess [:)]. While we are dreaming, my Forum Fly would be a hardtail all mahog semi or satin finish duncan fly (basically a mojo without the high gloss) with a natural veneer headstock to match. I could compromise for the good of the forum and allow a trem. or wood substitute for KOA. (I'm that kind of guy). Of course it would be signed by The Man. The serial number would start with FF (Forum Fly). [:p]

It would be limited edition 50 flys and sell for half price to us  (2000 for the first round) becuse we are so good looking, talented, special,deserving,  and love our Mothers.

Custom '03 Hardtail Artist ; Fly Deluxe 2000; Gibson ES137; 1974 K.Yari DY85; SchecterDisposable; Martin Backpacker/paddle combo;LarriveeParlor;VoxAD30VT;SWR California Blonde
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 10:42:44 AM by Bill »
A few Flys in my soup

Offline thor von clemson

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2007, 01:06:46 PM »
I think it would be great.

I know I am new here and I don't really know anyone but I love Parkers. I think it would be a good chance to meet people, check out some nice Parkers, and participate in anything else that you guys are planning.
Starky learned THANK YOU!

Offline jamrcat

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2007, 01:27:48 PM »
quote:
While we are dreaming, my Forum Fly would be a hardtail all mahog semi or satin finish duncan fly (basically a mojo without the high gloss) with a natural veneer headstock to match. I could compromise for the good of the forum and allow a trem. or wood substitute for KOA. (I'm that kind of guy). Of course it would be signed by The Man. The serial number would start with FF (Forum Fly).

It would be limited edition 50 flys and sell for half price to us (2000 for the first round) becuse we are so good looking, talented, special,deserving, and love our Mothers.
Where do I send my deposit! [:p][:p][:p]

01' Parker Fly Classic w/SD Black Backs
05' Parker TR P-36 Modified w/SD's
Korg AX1500G, D-Tar Mama Bear

jamrcat
Butte, Montana
"A Fly for each hand!"

Offline ChicagoKid

• http://www.USCustomShop.com
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2007, 07:57:18 PM »
It actually could be somewhat benefitial to US Music & Parker if a small group of 20-25 people were to participate in a factory sponsored event. If it were just to be a factory tour, lecture & artist showcase I could actually see it happening. The events at the HQ & factory would need to be limited to one day and possibly even a saturday. Gil used to run a half crew on saturdays. I'm not sure if Terry is doing this.

Back to the point. A few photos would be taken and a short review of the days events would likely find their way onto the pages of MMR and other industry mags. Good PR is always welcomed. I also feel confident that a number of Fly's would be sold at the event. Obviously, a dealer would need to be present to take the orders and collect the money. Maybe Ed Roman?!?!?!

US Music's involvement would likely be limited to the tour, lecture, swag, catered lunch & peformance. But, I wouldn't rule out a deposit from the participants either. I figure $100 is reasonable.

Either way, you're a dreamer Peter. But, if you take action and put it together I think it would be a load of fun. I would suggest reserving the other day to a group tour of the town. Chicago is a great city and there's no shortage of sights to take in. Lodging closer to the factory would be much more affordable. The closer you get to the city, the more expensive it becomes.

Good luck on all this. Keep us posted....

www.USCustomShop.com <coming soon>
www.USCustomShop.com <coming soon>