Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Do the Parkers all have the same playability?  (Read 2306 times)

Offline shaggyd714

Do the Parkers all have the same playability?
« on: May 21, 2005, 07:01:09 PM »
Hi - am trying to decide on a Parker to buy. Haven't got to play one yet. Just wondered: what accounts for the difference in price of the lower end P series guitars and the Fly mojos?

Do the P-series play as easily as the fly mojos? but the mojos just have better electronics, made in america, and are neck-through w. composite fb?

Or is there a vast difference in the way a P-series guitar plays in contrast to a Fly Mojo?

Offline 908ssp

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 10:04:52 PM »
I won't address playability as that is too subjective. [8D]

I will address construction as the three levels are distinctly different. That I think results in the difference in the price. The Fly is the original design by Ken Parker it is really unique in the guitar world with many really worth while improvements over traditional electric guitars. The Nitefly uses the same technology in the neck only the body is pretty much of a traditionally construction. The P series are made in Korea and pretty much all traditional construction. The construction is not the design the designs are unique to Parker and even the P series has some truly innovative aspects.

You can read all about the particulars on the website and in threads all over this board. I hope this helps [^]

Alex
1996 Parker Fly Deluxe
1998 Parker Fly Classic
1999 Parker NiteFly S/S/H NFV7
2004 Maven Peal Ganesha
2004 Marshall 4x12 Scumbag
Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG

Offline ADV

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 01:35:27 AM »
I also have a similar question of comparison between the supreme and mojo. I have posted similar questions throughout the site.
I am really curious to know if I an get a nice bottom end for heavyer playing out of a supreme or a mojo (and which one) as I can with a standard "metal" guitar like an esp or jackson.

Offline Michael Mozart

• http://www.j8ded.com
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 02:46:23 PM »
Hello ADV,

In comparisons with a supreme and a mojo, you are looking at two very different sounding woods and two different pickup manufacturers.

The Supreme has a very lively attack, and is a tad brighter on the top end, where the Mojo is more pronounced in the midrange. Both guitars are extremely well balanced as far as tone given their respective designs.

Each guitar will reproduce what you are looking for, but in my opinion, if you are going for a darker 'metal' sound, the Mojo, or better yet, the Mojo Flame (maple top), would be the way to go.

Factors that are definitely important for your sound would be your existing set-up,amp config.,tube or no tube,cables,effects,etc. Parkers respond drastically different with certain gear....more so than most other manufacturers, so it is best to try one out at a dealer  and use equipment that is comparable to what you own.

Good Luck!

Cheers.
Michael Daemon Mozart
"J8DED" The Series
Oppera
Parker Guitar Endorser
Randall Endorser
Seymour Duncan Endorser