Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NAMM 2007  (Read 6436 times)

Offline jamrcat

NAMM 2007
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2007, 08:56:15 PM »
Thanks Bob, for taking the time and posting these great pic's for us! [:p]

01' Parker Fly Classic w/SD Black Backs
05' Parker TR P-36 Modified w/SD's
Korg AX1500G, D-Tar Mama Bear

jamrcat
Butte, Montana
"A Fly for each hand!"

NAMM 2007

jwrooker

NAMM 2007
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007, 09:19:42 PM »
Well done, Bob!  

Thanks!!

John
[img=left]http://jwrooker.com/images/parkerforum/parkerlogo.gif[/img=left]
98 Fly Classic w/Gen 1's..98 Fly Classic w/Duncan rewinds
03 Fly Mojo..02 NiteFly M w/Duncans

NAMM 2007

Offline bno

NAMM 2007
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 09:44:17 PM »
Thanks, Bob.  Great pics.
'94 Fly Deluxe
Listen first, then play.

NAMM 2007

Offline kurrykid

NAMM 2007
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2007, 09:54:23 PM »
Thanks Bob...we appreciate it very much!  Wow, that Koa is beautiful!

Dave

PM20, QB
Black P6E
Dave

TTB DF
"Calvary Fly" Custom Mojo Single Cut
PM20, QB
Black P6E

NAMM 2007

Offline laughinglarry

• http://www.myspace.com/larrysmithmusic
NAMM 2007
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2007, 09:58:06 PM »
Thanks Bob for both the photo's and the updates.  I'd LOVE to get to a NAMM one year[8D].
Feel free to gloat about any killer concerts that you get to check out too.  Aren't a few of the endorsees playing (Vince, Martone, Jason)?
At CES I got to see Joan Jet and the Blackhearts twice (courtesy of Gibson) and George Benson with Al Jarreau and Patti Austin (courtesy of Monster Cable).  I imagine you've got more serious 6-string talent there than you can actually absorb.  I'd probably get numb just walking past the booths...

Larry

'97 Fly Deluxe (with GK-2A), '89 Strat Plus, '89 American Standard Tele, '92 Les Paul Custom, '99 Ibanez JS-1000, Ibanez Silver Series (Strat), Epiphone Dot, '65 Mustang, Hohner G3T, Yamaha BB3000AF, Peavey Foundation, Hamer Cruisebass
http://www.myspace.com/larrysmithmusic

NAMM 2007

Offline Lwinn171

NAMM 2007
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2007, 12:23:39 AM »
Larry,
NAMM is a total gas! I got to go to one when I was 17 years old (22 years ago). It was incredible, all that tallent just strolling around. I saw amazing stuff, and heard some great musicians. It's truly a feast for the eyes and the ears, but it will definitely put a check on your ego, and you know how us lead guitar players feel about that! I'm usually the best guitarist in the room (depending on the room, any one of you could probably walk in and change that equation), but there, well... you can imagine. I actually walked into Eddie Van Halen, shoulder to shoulder, because we were both distracted by something.  (Hint, this was very near the Dean booth). One day, I'd love to get in to another one.

Lawrence Winn
You can hear me playing and see my woodworks at:
http://www.myspace.com/132917993
"42.7 percent of all statistics are made-up on the spot."
2001 Fly Classic, Green
Larivee Parlour Guitar
Several inferior others
Mesa Boogie MK IV
Marshall 2-12 cab
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 02:25:14 AM by Lwinn171 »

Lawrence Winn
2001 Classic, 98 Deluxe
various amps, various toys

NAMM 2007

Offline kwcabs

• http://www.kwcabs.com
NAMM 2007
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2007, 12:39:32 AM »
The Koa Fly is really nice, I don't know if it's 10k nice but real nice, and I really love the snakeskin very cool.  The abstract one is not my bag, maybe Parker should team up with Pucci for a signature Pucci Fly.  One question Bob, that acoustic Bass on the wall does that say 11k+ or is that what it simply looks like in pic it's hard to tell.  It's cool and inventive, but wow!  :(  I wasn't happy that I wasn't ready for NAMM this year, hopefully next year KWCABS will have a gorgous Koa Cab next to a Koa Fly, and maybe Michael Mozart can drop by with his, oh how it woes me that it has taken so long to get to NAMM.  Although maybe it's better for me, all the money I'll make selling cabinets will go right out into guitars and I'll be in the poor house, lol.  Have fun Bob, don't feel shy about sharing more pics ;)

Owner of KWCABS guitar speaker cabinets.  We specialize in making simply the best speaker cabinets out there, constructed out of top-quality hardwoods, standard lines as well as custom work.  WWW.KWCABS.COM

Check out my Parker Supreme here www.kwcabs.com/parker%20page.htm

Kurt Wyberanec
Owner of KWCABS guitar speaker cabinets.  We specialize in making simply the best speaker cabinets out there, constructed out of top-quality hardwoods, standard lines as well as custom work.  WWW.KWCABS.COM

Check out my Parker Supreme here www.kwcabs.com/parker%20page.htm

NAMM 2007

Offline WKG

NAMM 2007
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2007, 12:56:59 AM »
I love the Koa and Snakeskin Finishes.

Stunning. [:0]

Almost as cool as black...

[8D]

2005 Fly Mojo, Dusty black
2005 Fly Mojo, Japanese Armor (AKA Alien Purple Burst)

NAMM 2007

Offline uburoibob

• Bob Martin 11:11
NAMM 2007
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2007, 02:22:50 AM »
Hey Kurt,

The acoustic bass is $1799.

Bob

1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail  â€¢ 1998 Fly Classic in Transparent Dark Blue (thanks, Darren!) •  1998 Fly Classic in Cherry Red with DiBurro Roland Mod • Now on a signature reduction program! Just the Flies, maam. •  www.rtmadvertising.com
1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail Butterscotch -   2000 Fly Standard Classic in Cherry Red - http://bobmartin1111.com

NAMM 2007

Offline jazzrat

NAMM 2007
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2007, 07:19:26 AM »
Thanks for the pics Bob.
Wonder when Boise get to host the show?
;)

'98 Emerald Classic, '05 Eric Johnson Strat, '04 Epiphone Emperor Regent, MIM jazz bass, Takemine '95 SC-132EC
Fly Classic, Ibanez AS-193, Eric Johnson Strat, Eastman AR403-CE, Cordoba Fusion 12 Maple, Fretless Jazz Bass

NAMM 2007

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
NAMM 2007
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2007, 08:08:37 AM »

Thanks Bob. Great coverage.

You can be our "Joan Rivers at the Emmeys"

We need more dirt. Who's with who wearing what.

A few poporatzi pics would be nice too.

Inguitaring minds want to know.  [:D]

Custom '03 Hardtail Artist ; Fly Deluxe 2000; Gibson ES137; 1974 K.Yari DY85; SchecterDisposable; Martin Backpacker/paddle combo;LarriveeParlor;VoxAD30VT;SWR California Blonde
A few Flys in my soup

NAMM 2007

Offline sfw

NAMM 2007
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2007, 08:13:07 AM »
Thanks for the pics Bob, most excellent of you to let us share a little.

<Personal 2c
I think the Parker team is missing/lost their sales and marketing prowess. I don't see a lot of movement in these areas at all. Maybe they are selling all their US production and just have the imports, but I don't see enough movement in the sales and marketing area to sustain the brand. A few ads and pics here and there don't do it. You have to have the people out enthusiastically promoting the product and supporting the product with the dealers.

Most companies go through these kind of lag and flows. Some make it back, some don't. Unfortunately, it is often a conundrum, without big sales dollars you can't afford the salespeople and marketing. But without the salespeople and marketing you can't get and keep the big sales. Note the classic egg and chicken problem.

I also think you don't see a lot of innovation left in the Fly. That's a little bit of the Fender/Gibson problem. You get to a point where you have the guitar product line you want, so how do you keep generating interest and excitement? You can do different paint jobs, different wood types (note expensive production item here), but the Fly line is pretty solid at this point from an offering standpoint.

So, it’s really up the Sales team now. Except of course that whole problem of how long it takes to get the US Flys. Let's say you get a new big dealer and its people all excited. They order some US Fly and imports and put in a big display on the floor. They wait 3 months for their first US Flys to arrive for their wall, no problem. But what happens if they Sell very well? 3 months to replace the open holes in their wall. Then the dealer is not so excited, the people on the floor are certainly not very excited, so they sell other stuff. This is a production egg and chicken problem. Something Korg tried to solve in 98ish time by producing a ton of product, but didn't have the Sales team in place probably to handle it and couldn't sustain the production either because of high cost or poor production techniques.

So, here’s to hoping it is just an ebb and the PTB get some eggs a fryin'
</Personal 2c

- Scott

Fly Artist (purchase fund started)
P6; PM10; PM20; Franken-Fenders
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric, Pink Hello Kitty
- Scott

PM10; Few Nitefly's; Franken-Fenders
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric, Pink Hello Kitty

NAMM 2007

Offline Musicman1

NAMM 2007
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2007, 09:06:12 AM »
You make some valid and interesting points Scott.  This will KILL alot of the forum folks but maybe with the exception of a very few  custom orientated models, Parker will HAVE to start manufacturing the majority of their gtrs overseas.  There's really no reason why a Fly or Nitefly could not be produced elsewhere.  This could bring the price down a bit to where it could get better innovation into the hands of players at a lower cost. And if not Fly's then certainly Niteflys could be produced off shore. In the end its still just a bolt on and doesnt need the attention to hand crafting that a Fly does. If Korea can produce a nicely made P series, why not a NF?? If nothing else, it could increase inventory to a level where dealers might actually have some stock. Personally speaking, while Im willing to drop under a grand for an internet sale, Im not gonna go for anything over a grand without playing it first.  And I cant find any of these gtrs anywhere. And if you do, there's never more than one or two. The marketing of this product is so subtle that its non-existant.  The upside is that US Music makes so much revenue on Washburn and its other companies that maybe they would like to keep this product more "boutique".  Also like it or not, the P series do alot to sell US made gtrs.  Players will often start out w/a P and upgrade.  Parker may always be a "niche" company but the advent of so many imports in their line up should tell everyone here something.

Musicman1

2005 Parker P44 in trans red
2002 EB MM Axis Sport  in trans gold
1984 Custom made boutique Strat
1977 Guild D40 NT
1976 Gibson 335 Custom in sunburst
A variety of amps and effects

« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 09:25:52 AM by Musicman1 »
Musicman1's current arsenal includes:
2007 EB MM JP6, Mystic Dream, piezo, matching headstock, dot inlays
2005 Parker P44, trans red
2002 EB MM Axis Sport  trans gold, rosewood fingerboard, hum/hum, vintage trem, matching headstock
1984 Custom made boutique Strat
1977 Guild D40 NT
1976 Gibson 335 Custom in sunburst
A variety of "tube free", absolutely non-boutique and completely replaceable amps and effects

NAMM 2007

jwrooker

NAMM 2007
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2007, 09:21:42 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Musicman1

You make some valid and interesting points Scott.  This will KILL alot of the forum folks but maybe with the exception of a very few  custom orientated models, Parker will HAVE to start manufacturing the majority of their gtrs overseas.  There's really no reason why a Fly or Nitefly could not be produced elsewhere.  This could bring the price down a bit to where it could get better innovation into the hands of players at a lower cost. And if not Fly's then certainly Niteflys could be produced off shore. In the end its still just a bolt on and doesnt need the attention to hand crafting that a Fly does. If Korea can produce a nicely made P series, why not a NF??  

I could see a scenario where NiteFly's are assembled overseas using USA made necks, but I wonder if that would drop the price very much.  I think that is the only way to ensure consistent QC.  I hope that Fly production never goes overseas.  There are too many varables in building that guitar.  Most companies that have overseas production that Ive dealt with have some problems controlling QC.  The P series Parkers, as much as they represent a good value, are not on a quality level with US built Parkers.

John
[img=left]http://jwrooker.com/images/parkerforum/parkerlogo.gif[/img=left]
98 Fly Classic w/Gen 1's..98 Fly Classic w/Duncan rewinds
03 Fly Mojo..02 NiteFly M w/Duncans

NAMM 2007

Offline Jason Davis

• http://www.JasonDavisMusic.com
NAMM 2007
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2007, 09:26:06 AM »
Bob,
Thanks for the photos!  I wish I could have gone this year (schedule didn't permit), so it is good to see the images from what I'm missing.  I think German is there....did you see him?

The Koa guitar is not Mozart's, but it certainly is a beaut!

Have fun, and don't salivate too much at all the gear you see.  Caution:  slippery when wet.  8^)

a Parker Guitars, Emerald Guitars, Randall Amplifiers, & Mojo Strings Artist.

www.JasonDavisMusic.com
www.myspace.com/JasonDavisMusic
www.myspace.com/JasonDavisBand

custom Jason Davis Fly (see-thru green...coming soon) - Nitefly Mojo Flame (cherry burst) - Fly Deluxe (antique gold) - modified PM-20 (sunburst) - modified PM-20G prototype (gold top)