Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A song I made  (Read 1840 times)

Offline UniXelation

A song I made
« on: January 20, 2007, 08:19:47 PM »
I made this up on the fly. What do you think?

http://vandle.uplinked.us/music/guitar.mp3

A song I made

Offline 908ssp

A song I made
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 04:43:20 PM »
Sounded pretty good. [;)]

Alex

Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG

A song I made

Offline UniXelation

A song I made
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 01:41:35 AM »
Recorded again with my NiteFly.

http://vandle.uplinked.us/music/nitefly.mp3

I'll add a few more chord variations to play around with and turn this into a complete song before long. I guess this is how songs happen, eh? Jam something out and then go off with it.

A song I made

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
A song I made
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 06:54:44 AM »
Moody Bluesy nice [:)]

Custom '03 Hardtail Artist ; Fly Deluxe 2000; Gibson ES137; 1974 K.Yari DY85; SchecterDisposable; Martin Backpacker/paddle combo;LarriveeParlor;VoxAD30VT;SWR California Blonde
A few Flys in my soup

A song I made

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
A song I made
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 06:34:21 AM »
This may be the first A//B comparison of two Parkers playing the same riff.

Were they recorded in the same way/mix ?

Please don't hate me but I have to say I think I like the tone of the second clip better.[:I]

Custom '03 Hardtail Artist ; Fly Deluxe 2000; Gibson ES137; 1974 K.Yari DY85; SchecterDisposable; Martin Backpacker/paddle combo;LarriveeParlor;VoxAD30VT;SWR California Blonde
A few Flys in my soup

A song I made

Offline UniXelation

A song I made
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 10:14:47 AM »
Bill:

Sadly, the first clip wasnt recorded on a Parker. It was recorded on an older Epiphone Strat copy I had around through a small fender practice amp. The second clip was on my Parker Nitefly (version 2 i think) -> Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer -> Big Muff Pi (USA reissue) -> Line 6 Spider II 212 on the Hiwatt 1973 Custom model (Green LED on the clean setting), so of course the tone is better :)

Both times I recorded the audio with my laptop's microphone and the windows sound recorder. The backing was done on my Yamaha Motif ES6 sequencer/synthesizer. The first clip, the original, I just played along to the backing and recorded what came out. The second clip I recorded the backing, put on headphones, and recorded the guitar. This way I could enhance the backing track and guitar track separately in FL Studio for better sound quality.

I could really use an M-Audio Fast Track Pro or some other recording interface. Donations? Kidding.

A song I made

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
A song I made
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 03:51:26 PM »
Great job.

And thanks for that clarification.

And I didn't mean the Moody Blues comparison--I meant a Pink Floyd comparison. Brain rot has set in. Actually names are one of my biggest lifelong stumbling blocks.

Switch Foot and Nickel Back are playing here. My 15 yo son keeps rolling his eyes in disgust because I'm always calling them Switch Back and Nickel Foot. [:)]

« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 03:53:49 PM by Bill »
A few Flys in my soup