Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: So.... what do YOU do?!  (Read 8271 times)

Offline Paul Marossy

• Excuse me while I kiss The Fly
So.... what do YOU do?!
« on: February 01, 2007, 09:49:48 AM »
I noticed that a lot of the regular guys on this forum check in quite a lot throughout the course of a typical day. Which leads me to think that either A) they have nothing else to do but surf the net or B) they have an office job where they can be on the computer all day. And this leads me to wondering what those of us here at the forum do for a living...

I'll start by saying that I work at a consulting engineering firm here in Las Vegas as a senior HVAC designer (and they pay me very well!). So, yes, I'm on the computer all day on the weekdays. [:I]

__/\\/\\__PJM__/\\/\\__
www.DIYguitarist.com
www.myspace.com/j201jams

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline portnoy

• http://www.facebook.com/pages/Huntingdon-United-Kingdom/MusicStreetUK/193947947906?ref=ts
So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 10:02:26 AM »
i work as a Chef at a local upmarket hotel and resturaunt. so im on split shifts all the time, so i get time to come on here during the day. and im usually on when i finish late at night.

Kavan,

Fly deluxe - ice blue burst( arriving anyday now), Ibanez DMM1 daron malakian signature model,   01 gibson gothic explorer. Marshall MG250DFX, Boss GT8 Processor, Elixr Strings, Apple Macbook Core2duo 2ghz/1gb/SD/80gig, Samson CO1U Studio condenser mic

www.myspace.com/suicidesticks

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline jamrcat

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 10:02:57 AM »
I'm on my 3rd career: 1st career and still my passion "Musician". 2nd career Regional mgr for a major corp. 3rd career Pastor. [:)]

01' Parker Fly Classic w/SD Black Backs
05' Parker TR P-36 Modified w/SD's
Korg AX1500G, D-Tar Mama Bear

jamrcat
Butte, Montana
"A Fly for each hand!"

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline Paul Marossy

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 10:12:40 AM »
quote:
I'm on my 3rd career: 1st career and still my passion "Musician". 2nd career Regional mgr for a major corp. 3rd career Pastor.

Cool, I didn't know you were a pastor. I wanted to be one years ago (long story).

__/\\/\\__PJM__/\\/\\__
www.DIYguitarist.com
www.myspace.com/j201jams

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline jazzrat

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 10:21:42 AM »
I am the art director for a sign company. Been here 25 years. My time is very flexible so no problem with a litte forum time while I wait for a drawing to print or software to load as I also handle IT duties.

'98 Emerald Classic, '05 Eric Johnson Strat, '04 Epiphone Emperor Regent, MIM jazz bass, Takemine '95 SC-132EC
Fly Classic, Ibanez AS-193, Eric Johnson Strat, Eastman AR403-CE, Cordoba Fusion 12 Maple, Fretless Jazz Bass

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline 908ssp

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 10:23:41 AM »
Retired from 30+ at GM as both an Engineer and a Machine Repairman and Machinist. Now I have my own business designing and building custom motorcycle parts and other stuff. My shop is at my home so I am hardly ever far away from a computer. Some days it is more on the computer then in the shop.[;)]

[^]

Alex

« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 10:24:09 AM by 908ssp »
Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline lespaulreedsmith

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 10:30:35 AM »
fulltime music pastor for 9 years [^]

I'm a loner... a rebel. There's things about me you couldn't know... things about me you SHOULDN'T know...
I'm a loner... a rebel. There's things about me you couldn't know... things about me you SHOULDN'T know...

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline Lwinn171

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 11:07:01 AM »
I wait tables at an up-scale restaurant 3 nights a week (sometimes more), and I build furniture in a shop that's in my backyard. So I am usually on-line during the day (while waiting for the glue/finish to dry, assuming I'm in the middle of a project) or late night after waiting tables. I've been doing this for years, now. It's not a good way to get rich, but does have one huge advantage: I rarely ever use an alarm clock!

Lawrence Winn
You can hear me playing and see my woodworks at:
http://www.myspace.com/132917993
"42.7 percent of all statistics are made-up on the spot."
2001 Fly Classic, Green
Larivee Parlour Guitar
Several inferior others
Mesa Boogie MK IV
Marshall 2-12 cab

Lawrence Winn
2001 Classic, 98 Deluxe
various amps, various toys

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline Paul Marossy

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 11:11:55 AM »
quote:
It's not a good way to get rich, but does have one huge advantage: I rarely ever use an alarm clock!

Darn, no emoticon for green with envy! [:D]

__/\\/\\__PJM__/\\/\\__
www.DIYguitarist.com
www.myspace.com/j201jams

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline Dann Glenn

• http://www.dannglenn.com
So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 11:38:08 AM »
Full time musician and now a published novelist. I'm currently in a band with former Brand X bassist Percy Jones called "Bang Tower."

I participate here at the forum because I learn a lot from everyones posts, not to mention this is the only forum I've ever known to be non-hostile in every way. No trolls...no flames...just a great group of diverse International folks, who love Parker Guitars. [8D]

Dann

Dann Glenn
Parker Guitarsâ„¢ Endorser
http://www.dannglenn.com

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline telecasterkid

• http://www.burningindecember.com
So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 12:06:10 PM »
By day I am an IT Manager for a call center. (I have been in this field for way to long) I also own and operate a Music Store which is a fulltime venture for my wife and I. I teach guitar lessons two days a week currently. For the musician side of me I am currently in two bands with a third in the works right now. I too love this forum because of the things I have learned not only about Parker's but electronics, amps and so on. I love this network of international folks that we have. This is a (most of the time) a regular hangout for me.

Kevin Schertell
www.burningindecember.com
www.myspace.com/burnin12
CD "No Way Out" Available now!

Music Boulevard, Inc.
1232-2 Blanding Blvd.
Orange Park, Fl. 32065
904-276-2520
musicboulevard@earthlink.net
Owner/President
Kevin Schertell
www.burningindecember.com
www.myspace.com/burnin12
CD "No Way Out" Available now!

Music Boulevard, Inc.
1232-2 Blanding Blvd.
Orange Park, Fl. 32065
904-276-2520
musicboulevard@earthlink.net
Owner/President

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline simonlock

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 12:11:37 PM »
When did this thread happen?

Anyway, I'm a licensed Mechanic (in Canada we have to go to school) and I have the internet to get repair information so I can pop in at work from time to time. Ok every 30 minutes. Then I teach guitar part-time and was doing some peer councelling until i ran out of time to do it.

Like Alex, I worked for GM for a while, though not as long. I used to fix all the stuff he screwed up in the engineering dept. Just kidding Alex.[:p]

Simon
Vancouver,BC

'00 Parker Fly Supreme-Butterscotch
'06 Parker Nylon Fly(thanks Jamie!)
'99 Parker Fly Artist w/Ken Parker signature
'06 Parker Fly Mojo-T/Cherry
'06 Parker Fly Classic-Dusty Black
'99 Parker Fly Classic-Natural
'99 Parker Fly Classic-T/Cherry
'96 Parker Fly Standard-Emerald Green

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline Paul Marossy

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 12:29:12 PM »
quote:
When did this thread happen?

Like an hour ago.

quote:
this is the only forum I've ever known to be non-hostile in every way. No trolls...no flames...just a great group of diverse International folks, who love Parker Guitars.

+1. Let's all work together to make sure it stays that way!! [8D]

__/\\/\\__PJM__/\\/\\__
www.DIYguitarist.com
www.myspace.com/j201jams

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline DrJeff

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2007, 12:43:26 PM »
I'm the purchasing agent for the city of Decatur, Alabama. That probably explains a lot, doesn't it? [;)]1997 Sunburst Nitefly SA
2000 Metallic Red Fly Deluxe w/Roland Mod
Tech 21 Trademark 60 w/Power Engine
Crate CA-125
Rgds,
Jeff

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline jfdana

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 12:50:08 PM »
Ist carreer as lawyer; quit that 18 yrs ago (no time for music). Since then, therapist primarily with teens. The agency where I worked for the last 10 1/2 years was similarly gracious in freeing me up to pursue self employment, so, some private clients and some school consulting work.

John Dana