Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: So.... what do YOU do?!  (Read 8293 times)

Offline Toonman

• http://www.sergiomucino.com
So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2007, 12:55:21 PM »
For the past 14 years I've been involved in the film industry. I do visual effects for films (the ones done in 3d in computers). A year ago, I took a slight career detour... I currently work for a software company that does... well... software for 3d for films and video games [:)]. So, yes, I am plugged into the Matrix(TM) all day long, which has the upside of me being able to hang in here (although I can't go chat with you guys).
[8D]

Sergio Muciño
http://www.myspace.com/sergiomucino
http://www.sergiomucino.com

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline misternardi

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2007, 01:57:14 PM »
For the last year and a half I've worked in production for a major record label in NYC where I live, before that was college. I also write and record music for television and play in an original band. I am usualy pretty strapped for time at work, and after I am recording all night. I don't get to post as offten as I'd like but I love this forum and it is the only one I ever look at. I feel like Parker players are like a guitarist sub-culture and nobody else really gets it.  

So.... what do YOU do?!

jwrooker

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2007, 02:12:47 PM »
Wow, what an interesting and diverse group of people with a common bond.  It is no small wonder why we have such an interesting base of information here with people involved in the arts, mechanical, technical, spiritual, musical, advertising and other fields.  

In response to Dann's comments, we also appreciate the participation of all the Parker professionals.  You guys are out there making it happen.

And all of the part time players, garage band rock stars, or guys like me who perform for the pets.  

I wish we had one of those Star Trek transporters and we could spend some time together.  I sure could use Rolly, Alex, and Paul for a hour or two! :)

John
[img=left]http://jwrooker.com/images/parkerforum/parkerlogo.gif[/img=left]
98 Fly Classic w/Gen 1's..98 Fly Classic w/Duncan rewinds
03 Fly Mojo..02 NiteFly M w/Duncans

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline marvin jensen

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2007, 02:14:57 PM »
I'm an Artist/Designer/Craftsman.  My computer is about 10 ft. from my Bridgeport so it's easy to turn the automatic feed on and check in!  I work with mostly metal and wood.  I also design and manufacture some research equipment for Neuro-Biologists.  But my real love is playing with my Ducati motorcycles!

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline guitarmanuk

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2007, 02:20:48 PM »
My full time job is in the IT department of an insurance company as a Business Systems Analyst.  Then a part time musician in a function band and just starting off a jazz duo with the sax player from the band.

David

1997 Parker Fly Classic transparent Teal Green

www.dancineasy.co.uk my wedding/function band
www.saxandguitar.co.uk my sax and guitar duo
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 02:21:24 PM by guitarmanuk »
David

1997 Parker Fly Classic transparent Teal Green
1997 Parker Fly Concert Butterscotch

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline Paul Marossy

• Excuse me while I kiss The Fly
So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2007, 02:22:50 PM »
quote:
Wow, what an interesting and diverse group of people with a common bond. It is no small wonder why we have such an interesting base of information here with people involved in the arts, mechanical, technical, spiritual, musical, advertising and other fields.

I thought this might be a very interesting discussion! [^]

quote:
But my real love is playing with my Ducati motorcycles!

Cool! [8D]

__/\\/\\__PJM__/\\/\\__
www.DIYguitarist.com
www.myspace.com/j201jams

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline loumt123

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2007, 02:52:19 PM »
Fulltime student [:D]

My ideal jobs would be to get involved in film scoring or jazz studies or work in the music industry like Wilmington Only.

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline kpugatch

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2007, 03:07:55 PM »
I'm a tax accountant for utility, so I am in front of a computer all day.  I check in from time to time when I need a break as well as in the evenings after the kids go to bed.

I like playing around with guitars, but have little musical ability.  Its just a fun hobby.

James
98 Fly Classic  Trans-green
05 Fly Mojo Blue flame
James
01 Maple Classic - Cherry
08 Mojo - Ice Burst

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline sfw

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2007, 03:47:26 PM »
First career was as uber computer geek. My partner and I sold our consulting company after 10 years at 120 employees. Wrote a few books and a lot of courseware for Microsoft over the years. Second career is back in the family business. I am part of the management/ownership team for a mattress manufacturer in the Midwest (Restonic) pumping out 1000 pieces or so a day. Third career is in the planning stages, which includes more writing (hopefully finishing some books not just writing) and learning to play guitar well enough to be in a band.

- Scott

Fly Artist (purchase fund started)
P6; PM10; PM20; Franken-Fenders
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric, Pink Hello Kitty
- Scott

PM10; Few Nitefly's; Franken-Fenders
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric, Pink Hello Kitty

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline Paul Marossy

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2007, 04:06:32 PM »
Hmm... I kind of see a common thread in a lot of these posts. Most people that have responded so far appear to be highly intelligent, well educated, professional type people. And then there are those of us who are mostly self-taught oddballs like myself, which unfortunately doesn't come with a fancy dimploma to hang on the wall. I guess I'm just genetically a non-conformist... [:I]

Anyhow, very interesting so far. [8D]

__/\\/\\__PJM__/\\/\\__
www.DIYguitarist.com
www.myspace.com/j201jams

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline WKG

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2007, 04:47:45 PM »
I've been in the insurance field for 15 years, as an adjuster for the last 10. When I am not in the field I am on the computer so I can pop in here once in a while. I like the job but it has been extremely busy the last few years. Musically I've been involved with the team at a very contemporary church since 1989. I have also been tinkering with recording lately and have put together a small project studio in my house. [:p]

2005 Fly Mojo, Dusty black
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 06:02:49 PM by WKG »
2005 Fly Mojo, Japanese Armor (AKA Alien Purple Burst)

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline LooseChange

• http://www.fydamps.com
So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2007, 05:07:16 PM »
I am a Sales Consultant for Document managemnt company. I log on at night to do this stuff.

1995 Fly Deluxe (Still Emerald Green)
Tube amps are for me...
www.loosechange.freeservers.com
1995 Emerald Green Fly Deluxe (Beaten and Modded but Loved)
1997 Sunburst Nitefly NFV/4
I like tubes... Check out all my DIY amps:
http://www.fydamps.com

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline marvin jensen

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2007, 05:34:28 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Marossy

Hmm... I kind of see a common thread in a lot of these posts. Most people that have responded so far appear to be highly intelligent, well educated, professional type people. And then there are those of us who are mostly self-taught oddballs like myself, which unfortunately doesn't come with a fancy dimploma to hang on the wall. I guess I'm just genetically a non-conformist... [:I]

Anyhow, very interesting so far. [8D]

Yeah, we can tell from your "site' and your posts that you are way behind everybody else!!! [:D]   NOT!!

__/\\/\\__PJM__/\\/\\__
www.DIYguitarist.com
www.myspace.com/j201jams

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline Paul Marossy

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2007, 06:18:05 PM »
Thanks Marvin. [:)]

__/\\/\\__PJM__/\\/\\__
www.DIYguitarist.com
www.myspace.com/j201jams

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline uburoibob

• Bob Martin 11:11
So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2007, 06:57:15 PM »
I am the owner of RTM&Associates, Inc, an advertising agency which, so far, has operated exclusively in the music, pro sound and broadcast industries. We're a small company - just 5 employees. In my previous existence, I built computers prior to working at a music store, which got me hooked. I worked for Whirlwind from 1980 to 1988 and cut my teeth in marketing and advertising there. From there, I did a brief stint at Venemen Music in the DC area, and then went off on my own. I've been in various bands over the years, and am still active in the music community as a player and producer. And this forum is definitely a second home. Yous guys is family.

Bob

1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail  â€¢ 1998 Fly Classic in Transparent Dark Blue (thanks, Darren!) •  1998 Fly Classic in Cherry Red with DiBurro Roland Mod • Now on a signature reduction program! Just the Flies, maam. •  www.rtmadvertising.com
1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail Butterscotch -   2000 Fly Standard Classic in Cherry Red - http://bobmartin1111.com