Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: So.... what do YOU do?!  (Read 8292 times)

Offline aurian4parker

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2007, 07:02:20 PM »
i am a ninth grader in highschool :)

14 Yrs Old and A passion for Music.

-Parker P-44.(flamed top, yum)  
-Orange 30R.  
-Crappy tele.  
-kay acoustic.  
-kona acoustic.  
-Washburn XB100 Bass
=====================
Just funkin' around :)

amp info- Fender Stage 100 1x12 combo stacked on a Vintage Gretsch 2x12 cab

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline PeterMa

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2007, 07:06:09 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by aurian4parker

-Orange 30R.  
-Crappy tele.  
-kay acoustic.  
-kona acoustic.  
-Washburn XB100 Bass

So far this kid has us all beat.2001 Parker Deluxe
1998 Parker Classic With SD pick-up mod.
Peter in MA.

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline ChicagoKid

• http://www.USCustomShop.com
So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2007, 07:49:42 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by PeterMa

quote:
Originally posted by aurian4parker

-Orange 30R.  
-Crappy tele.  
-kay acoustic.  
-kona acoustic.  
-Washburn XB100 Bass

So far this kid has us all beat.

Peter in MA.

2001 Parker Deluxe
1998 Parker Classic With SD pick-up mod.

Indeed! He's got time enough to do anything he can dream of. I wish I could go back and do it all over again... well not all of it.

I sell guitars and occasionally get to play one.

This is the best guitar forum on the web. Hands down.  [;)]

www.USCustomShop.com <coming soon>
www.USCustomShop.com <coming soon>

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline Paul Marossy

• Excuse me while I kiss The Fly
So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2007, 08:39:14 PM »
quote:
He's got time enough to do anything he can dream of.

Yeah, I miss those days - for sure! [8D]

__/\\/\\__PJM__/\\/\\__
www.DIYguitarist.com
www.myspace.com/j201jams

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline bno

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2007, 09:03:47 PM »
Spy.
'94 Fly Deluxe
Listen first, then play.

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline JSanta

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2007, 09:12:08 PM »
As some of you know I am an Infantryman in the United States Army.  Currently I am on assignment in Washington DC, in the 3rd Infantry Regiment, better known as The Old Guard.  My job primarily consists of ceremonial duties such as funerals if any of you saw the Ford funeral those are my boys), welcoming foreign dignitaries, and special opportunites such as a Guard for the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Army Drill Team, and the Caisson platoon.  I am very honored and fortunate to hold such an important position!

/jim

"Do not speak.  Unless it improves on silence."
           -Buddha
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 09:15:49 PM by JSanta »

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline davecan

• http://www.candidsounds.com
So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2007, 09:20:03 PM »
I've had a bunch of careers, with wide degrees of success and failure.  MOst have involved computers, programming and related stuff. I'm also a part-time pro photographer/retoucher.  My current full time gig is at a hospital in a management job involving scheduling; it pays the bills, but I'm not happy sitting in an office all day...I'm really trying to make music #1 again at 43 (it has taken a backseat since I was about 25).

Dave Candido
GSP 153
Nitefly Mojo * Southern Nitefly * NEW Stuff: Martin 00-17, SD TwinTube
www.candidsounds.com
Dave

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline uburoibob

• Bob Martin 11:11
So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2007, 09:20:33 PM »
Wow, Jim! I thought I saw you signed onto iChat! How are things? I lived in Germantown down there for a couple of years. Some great things down there.
Enjoy the city!

Bob

1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail  â€¢ 1998 Fly Classic in Transparent Dark Blue (thanks, Darren!) •  1998 Fly Classic in Cherry Red with DiBurro Roland Mod • Now on a signature reduction program! Just the Flies, maam. •  www.rtmadvertising.com
1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail Butterscotch -   2000 Fly Standard Classic in Cherry Red - http://bobmartin1111.com

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline Lwinn171

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2007, 09:23:19 PM »
I'm impressed (although not surprised) with the diversity at this forum. No wonder the level of discourse is so high here! You are all quite an interesting bunch. I think it takes a certain kind of person to appreciate  Parker guitars, someone willing to accept a unique approach to guitar design. They will never be as popular as other brands, because not everyone is ready to accept such a forward thinking design. It's like a friend said to me once, "so you finally had to get the best guitar ever made, no matter what it looks like". He'd rather look like every one else, and tune between every song, and lug that heavy LP around. Well his LP is unplayable to me now. I see the Fly as a beautiful design, because it's intelligent. We all, obviously, appreciate the cleverness and insight that went into these guitars. And that's why we get along so well.

Lawrence Winn
You can hear me playing and see my woodworks at:
http://www.myspace.com/132917993
"42.7 percent of all statistics are made-up on the spot."
2001 Fly Classic, Green
Larivee Parlour Guitar
Several inferior others
Mesa Boogie MK IV
Marshall 2-12 cab

Lawrence Winn
2001 Classic, 98 Deluxe
various amps, various toys

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline cy2989

• http://chrisyoungportraits.com
So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2007, 09:39:56 PM »
This thread is a great idea.  My full time job is as a design engineer with AT&T (or should I say the "new AT&T").  I also work part time as a portrait photographer.  Guitar is just a hobby for me, meaning I don't perform for anyone other than my family and the cats.

Chris
Tulipwood Deluxe #9, Tom Anderson Crowdster, Huss & Dalton CM, Montalvo Cocobolo Flamenco, Godin Flat Five X, Godin Multiac Nylon SA, Pavan Classical

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline JSanta

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2007, 10:48:45 PM »
Thanks so much Bob ( I still remember our deal haha, be home soon to take care of it[;)] )
Over my leave I had a change of heart and decided that Special Forces wasn't what I wanted right now.  My best friend was at The Old Guard most of his career (he was bestowed with the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier badge, the highest prestige in the military) and he was able to get me this assignment.  I drove around the city for two hours last night and I just couldn't believe how surreal it was, not to mention I drive past the Arlington Cemetary everyday as well!  I will be on here more often, especially since I am a Parker owner again, even if it is just a Pm-20[:D]

/jim

quote:
Originally posted by uburoibob

Wow, Jim! I thought I saw you signed onto iChat! How are things? I lived in Germantown down there for a couple of years. Some great things down there.
Enjoy the city!

Bob

1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail  â€¢ 1998 Fly Classic in Transparent Dark Blue (thanks, Darren!) •  1998 Fly Classic in Cherry Red with DiBurro Roland Mod • Now on a signature reduction program! Just the Flies, maam. •  www.rtmadvertising.com

"Do not speak.  Unless it improves on silence."
           -Buddha

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline jazzrat

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2007, 10:56:02 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Marossy

Hmm... I kind of see a common thread in a lot of these posts. Most people that have responded so far appear to be highly intelligent, well educated, professional type people. And then there are those of us who are mostly self-taught oddballs like myself, which unfortunately doesn't come with a fancy dimploma to hang on the wall. I guess I'm just genetically a non-conformist... [:I]

Anyhow, very interesting so far. [8D]

__/\\/\\__PJM__/\\/\\__
www.DIYguitarist.com
www.myspace.com/j201jams

I'm with ya Paul. I just served an apprenticeship and worked up through the business. I'm called the "Art Director" because we are pretty large company but I think of myself as sign painter that just hung around. Not much school here.

'98 Emerald Classic, '05 Eric Johnson Strat, '04 Epiphone Emperor Regent, MIM jazz bass, Takemine '95 SC-132EC
Fly Classic, Ibanez AS-193, Eric Johnson Strat, Eastman AR403-CE, Cordoba Fusion 12 Maple, Fretless Jazz Bass

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline kurrykid

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2007, 10:56:41 PM »
I'm an IT Manager for a decent size corporation.  In my spare time I write interactive software CD's using my favorite program, Authorware.  I am also currently going to school for my Doctorate Degree in Theology.  I have always loved the guitar and played in a rock band in high school (some 25+ years ago).  I can't honestly say I remember where I originally heard about Parker guitars but I purchased my first one about 2 years ago (PM-20) after digging my Yamaha acoustic out of the closet and deciding to trade it in for an electric guitar.  I went to the local guitar shop and saw the Parker, picked it up and loved it.  I am currently saving for a custom Single Cut Fly Mojo (as long as I can keep practicing).

Dave

PM20, QB
Black P6E
Dave

TTB DF
"Calvary Fly" Custom Mojo Single Cut
PM20, QB
Black P6E

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline jamrcat

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2007, 11:22:52 PM »
quote:
I will be on here more often, especially since I am a Parker owner again, even if it is just a Pm-20
Just awesome Jim! I am so glad you've found a good duty station that allows you more freedom! [;)]

01' Parker Fly Classic w/SD Black Backs
05' Parker TR P-36 Modified w/SD's
Korg AX1500G, D-Tar Mama Bear

jamrcat
Butte, Montana
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 11:23:17 PM by jamrcat »
"A Fly for each hand!"

So.... what do YOU do?!

Offline rld25

So.... what do YOU do?!
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2007, 12:00:46 AM »
I work at the Penn State College of Medicine as a Sleep Technician [|)] which allows me to go to school during the day--just got Bachelors in psychology now working on Masters of education in trdev.

I've worked primarily in the Photo industry (lastly with Kodak) before they gave me the opportunity to change careers in my 40s.[B)]
Did a stint working for Spector Bass when they were attached to Kramer in NJ.[8D]
Many bands in the past--too busy at the moment, but gearing up to get back on stage soon. [}:)]'93 Fly Deluxe,'05 Fly Mojo Flame S/C, '06 Southern Nitefly
Lane