Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Parker Jazz Gtrs  (Read 20714 times)

Offline sfw

Parker Jazz Gtrs
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2007, 02:11:37 PM »
Note thread highjack occured earlier :)

Bob, do you or anyone else know if the Fly piezo feed with drive the variax guts? When I see a Variax 300 available for $300 bucks and I'm at $500 for ghost accoustic preamp and midi, plus another $400-1000 for a Roland VG88-99. I don't know, it might be fun/cost effective to put the variax guts into my nitefly instead. There is a lot of room in my nitefly currently. I also don't think it would be very difficult to route the jack on a nitefly, but on a fly that's a problem waiting to happen.

Due to the special neck joint on a nitefly, I don't think it would be very easy to just mount a nitefly neck onto a variax guitar. I think the soldering would be a lot easier than the neck fitting, IMHO.

- Scott

Fly Artist (purchase fund started)
NiteFly '97
P6; PM10; PM20; Franken-Fenders
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric, Pink Hello Kitty
- Scott

PM10; Few Nitefly's; Franken-Fenders
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric, Pink Hello Kitty

Parker Jazz Gtrs

Offline uburoibob

• Bob Martin 11:11
Parker Jazz Gtrs
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2007, 11:00:19 PM »
Scott,

The Piezo won't drive the Variax. You'd need and RMC or something like that. And you'd need the guts from a 500 or 700, not a 300 or 600 which are larger and would never fit. So up the ante some more! I kinda just wish US Music and Line 6 could get along the way Roland and Fender do.

Bob

1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail  â€¢ 1998 Fly Classic in Transparent Dark Blue (thanks, Darren!) •  1998 Fly Classic in Cherry Red with DiBurro Roland Mod • Now on a signature reduction program! Just the Flies, maam. •  www.rtmadvertising.com
1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail Butterscotch -   2000 Fly Standard Classic in Cherry Red - http://bobmartin1111.com

Parker Jazz Gtrs

Offline sfw

Parker Jazz Gtrs
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2007, 06:05:29 AM »
Weeeellllll, I figured as much. Looks like I'll just stick with the Ghost pre-amp and midi then. Maybe I'll find a new VG-99 on the curb some day too. Thanks again for the input. Now back to your regularly scheduled thread topic.

- Scott

NiteFly '97
- Scott

Parker Jazz Gtrs

Offline uburoibob

Parker Jazz Gtrs
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2007, 04:20:12 PM »
Check out the photo of me playing it...

http://bobmartin1111.com/photos.html

And yes, it's the most incredible archtop I've ever played...

Bob

1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail  â€¢ 1998 Fly Classic in Transparent Dark Blue (thanks, Darren!) •  1998 Fly Classic in Cherry Red with DiBurro Roland Mod • Now on a signature reduction program! Just the Flies, maam. •  http://bobmartin1111.com
1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail Butterscotch -   2000 Fly Standard Classic in Cherry Red - http://bobmartin1111.com

Parker Jazz Gtrs

Offline loumt123

Parker Jazz Gtrs
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2007, 05:14:26 PM »
Would you go as far as to say the archtop is leaps and bounds ahead of others, or is it just a little better then your favorites?

Parker Jazz Gtrs

Offline bembamboo

Parker Jazz Gtrs
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2007, 11:46:41 PM »
Boy, that Jim Hall/Sadowsky,violin burst is georgeous!  I am afraid to bite the arch-top apple.

Parker Jazz Gtrs

Offline uburoibob

Parker Jazz Gtrs
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2007, 09:54:08 AM »
Lou,

if that question was for me, and was referring to Ken's guitar - I cannot stress how different this instrument is. It's so light, and so resonant that it feels like you are playing an extension of yourself - an incredibly loud, sweet-sounding extension of yourself. It is to archtops what the Fly is to Les Pauls. And I am not saying that lightly.

Bob

1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail  â€¢ 1998 Fly Classic in Transparent Dark Blue (thanks, Darren!) •  1998 Fly Classic in Cherry Red with DiBurro Roland Mod • Now on a signature reduction program! Just the Flies, maam. •  http://bobmartin1111.com

Parker Jazz Gtrs

Offline loumt123

Parker Jazz Gtrs
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2007, 06:22:22 PM »
It sounds amazing.

Parker Jazz Gtrs

Offline loumt123

Parker Jazz Gtrs
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2007, 09:12:06 AM »
Hey, Bob, do you happen to know how that screw in the back works with the neck to adjust action? That seems like one of the coolest features of the guitar and I'm kind of curious to know how it works.
Also, do you happen to know how the guitar is braced?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 09:18:25 AM by loumt123 »

Parker Jazz Gtrs

Offline uburoibob

Parker Jazz Gtrs
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2007, 12:15:18 AM »
Hi Lou,

There's a very different way of mounting the neck on this guitar that sort of allows it to move up and down without tilting. When viewed looking down the neck, you can see that it sits above the body of the guitar. There's an internal mechanism that couples the neck to the body and allows for the screw to push the neck out from or pull closer to the body, effectively raisning and lowering the entire neck. There may be a great deal more to it than that, because the guitar is still in tune after adjusting the neck. This makes it possible to use a non-adjustable bridge, which gets coupled to the body better.

Bob

Parker Jazz Gtrs

Offline bno

Parker Jazz Gtrs
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2007, 09:20:26 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by uburoibob

Hi Lou,

There's a very different way of mounting the neck on this guitar that sort of allows it to move up and down without tilting. When viewed looking down the neck, you can see that it sits above the body of the guitar. There's an internal mechanism that couples the neck to the body and allows for the screw to push the neck out from or pull closer to the body, effectively raisning and lowering the entire neck. There may be a great deal more to it than that, because the guitar is still in tune after adjusting the neck. This makes it possible to use a non-adjustable bridge, which gets coupled to the body better.
This just warps my mind.  It is absolutely the most amazing piece of guitar luthiery I have ever heard of.
'94 Fly Deluxe
Listen first, then play.

Parker Jazz Gtrs

Offline loumt123

Parker Jazz Gtrs
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2007, 05:52:57 AM »
Boggles my mind how creative some people are [:D]

Parker Jazz Gtrs

Offline short11211

Parker Jazz Gtrs
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2007, 06:19:34 AM »
any idea on the price?

Parker Jazz Gtrs

Offline sfw

Parker Jazz Gtrs
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2007, 06:53:43 AM »
It is definately still at the point of, "If you have to ask, then....."

Fender Custom Strat $2400.
Custom PRS AAAAA McCarty $3500
Custom, hand made archtop by Ken Parker.....priceless

I know, I'm no Bob, but sound good to me :)

- Scott

NiteFly '97
- Scott

Parker Jazz Gtrs

Offline simonlock

Parker Jazz Gtrs
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2007, 06:10:18 PM »
Has anyone even bought a Parker Jazz guitar?

Simon
Vancouver,BC