Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: and then came twins  (Read 6655 times)

Offline lespaulreedsmith

and then came twins
« on: February 20, 2007, 10:53:08 AM »
my current live rig...
2 Southerns
1 Deluxe
2 Breedloves

I'm a loner... a rebel. There's things about me you couldn't know... things about me you SHOULDN'T know...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 10:45:06 AM by lespaulreedsmith »
I'm a loner... a rebel. There's things about me you couldn't know... things about me you SHOULDN'T know...

and then came twins

Offline BB12

and then came twins
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 04:23:30 PM »
Jay,

I don't have any pedals or sound effects and would be interested in knowing a bit about your set up. How you use the gear and possibly what you'd like to change etc.

André

and then came twins

Offline kpugatch

and then came twins
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 07:05:10 PM »
Did you find a the grail?

James
98 Fly Classic  Trans-green
05 Fly Mojo Blue flame
James
01 Maple Classic - Cherry
08 Mojo - Ice Burst

and then came twins

Offline astroturf52

and then came twins
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 07:10:33 PM »
Red and white! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm[^]
2005 Parker P36 in transparent red (modified)

and then came twins

Offline jamrcat

and then came twins
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 10:12:19 PM »
Jay, does this white Fly have the neck profile you've been looking for? [8)]

01' Parker Fly Classic w/SD Black Backs
Korg AX1500G, D-Tar Mama Bear

jamrcat
Butte, Montana
"A Fly for each hand!"

and then came twins

Offline lespaulreedsmith

and then came twins
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 04:20:11 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by jamrcat

Jay, does this white Fly have the neck profile you've been looking for? [8)]
jamrcat

Well, as James put it, the Holy Grail is actually the ruby red one. Fat necked like a PRS wide fat profile believe it or not. It is almost perfect for me.
The white on the other hand is 'livable'. I sold the rootbeer which had a tad too wide a neck although the carve or profile was ok on it. The width though was just a tad too wide but I was making do with it.
The white one is the right width but a little shallow on the sides. It definitely has a V profile (I had a couple Music Man Luke's that had a pronounced V profile but the white deluxe isn't quite that V'd), so it is a V profile believe it or not and more comfortable than most that have traveled through my grubby little hands... except the red one in the pics is a 'keeper'.
The white one? Time will tell...

« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 04:22:13 PM by lespaulreedsmith »

and then came twins

Offline portnoy

• http://www.facebook.com/pages/Huntingdon-United-Kingdom/MusicStreetUK/193947947906?ref=ts
and then came twins
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 04:41:43 PM »
looking good jay,

what is the boss acoustic processor your using like? ive been interested in getting one for my parker

Kavan,

Fly deluxe - ice blue burst(shipped 23/2/07), Ibanez DMM1 daron malakian signature model,   01 gibson gothic explorer. Marshall MG250DFX, Boss GT8 Processor, Apple Macbook Core2duo 2ghz/1gb/SD/80gig, Boss Micro BR

and then came twins

Offline lespaulreedsmith

and then came twins
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 10:32:19 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by portnoy
 what is the boss acoustic processor your using like? ive been interested in getting one for my parker
Kavan,

Boss AD5. Don't bother with the AD8 in my opinion. I thought about the Mama Bear also but the Bear doesn't have built in effects and things the Boss does. I've also thought about the Yamaha Stomp acoustic but I need to do research. I am very happy with the AD5 though. Works for electric or flattop acoustic as there are two inputs where one is for piezo and one is magnetic, stereo outs, heck just Google it and read about it. Highly recommended at this point (and I've owned mine about 5 years!)
Jay

and then came twins

Offline portnoy

• http://www.facebook.com/pages/Huntingdon-United-Kingdom/MusicStreetUK/193947947906?ref=ts
and then came twins
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 10:43:10 AM »
thanks jay, i certainly will look into that one, do you play your piezos to an acoustic specific amp or thru your normal amplifier?  i am getting myself a cornford to go alongside my parker as soon as it arrives, and im thinking a few stompboxes to go alongside my Boss GT8 would be cool, i have a Seymour duncan pickup booster in mind at the moment as one that i am likely to get

Kavan,

Fly deluxe - ice blue burst( arrives tommorow), Ibanez DMM1 daron malakian signature model,   01 gibson gothic explorer. Marshall MG250DFX, Boss GT8 Processor, Apple Macbook Core2duo 2ghz/1gb/SD/80gig, Boss Micro BR

and then came twins

Offline Paul Marossy

• Excuse me while I kiss The Fly
and then came twins
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 10:16:22 AM »
Hey lespaulreedsmith, next to your pedalboard, what is that thing called the "Cough Drop"?!

__/\\/\\__PJM__/\\/\\__
www.DIYguitarist.com
www.myspace.com/j201jams

and then came twins

Offline lespaulreedsmith

and then came twins
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 10:45:12 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Marossy

Hey lespaulreedsmith, next to your pedalboard, what is that thing called the "Cough Drop"?!

Live I use a beige colored, miniature wireless condenser mic that goes under the ear and out to the corner of my mouth (Audio Technica AT892 Microset) kinda like the Countryman E-6 or Electro Voice E-97 if you know what mics I'm talking about.
Anyway's, if I need to talk to the band or clear my throat or cough the mic is right by my mouth all the time so there's no just 'backing away' from a hand held mic on a mic stand... I have to step on the 'cough drop' (it's made by ProCo) and it mutes my wireless signal as long as I hold the footswitch down...

and then came twins

Offline portnoy

and then came twins
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 11:50:08 AM »
the gold SNF, is looking darn sexy, i wonder who took the other one :-)

Kavan,

07' Fly deluxe - ice blue burst
Marshall MG250DFX (GOING SOON!)
Marshall Vintage modern 100w head + 4x12 cabinet (COMING SOON)
Boss GT8
Boss Micro BR
Phirana cables
D'addario/DR strings
Apple Macbook C2D
2 Inferior guitars :-)

and then came twins

Offline Paul Marossy

• Excuse me while I kiss The Fly
and then came twins
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 12:36:37 PM »
Ah, that Cough Drop gadget is a pretty cool thing to have if you sing. I haven't heard of that gizmo before. [8D]

__/\\/\\__PJM__/\\/\\__
www.DIYguitarist.com
www.myspace.com/j201jams

and then came twins

Offline ChicagoKid

• http://www.USCustomShop.com
and then came twins
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 08:46:29 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by portnoy

the gold SNF, is looking darn sexy, i wonder who took the other one :-)

Kavan,

Kavan,
  Thanks for the feedback on the bay tonight.

To answer your question, I was wrong all along. There were never two... there were three. Triplets!

Obviously, my main man, Jay got one. Another has found a home in Kentucky, USA.

The third, and final, is resting peacefully at the custom shop and awaiting a good home. So, it's up for grabs!

If you wanna go "Gold"... it can be "Sold"

Gawd, I'm cheesy! [V]

www.USCustomShop.com <coming soon>
www.USCustomShop.com <coming soon>

and then came twins

Offline sfw

and then came twins
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 07:55:51 AM »
Jamie,  Are you saying you sent it to me for my Birthday present? You're the greatest :) Anyone around Louisville? I would love to see/hear it in person.

- Scott

Fly Artist (purchase fund started)
NiteFly '97
P6; PM10; PM20; Franken-Fenders
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric, Pink Hello Kitty
- Scott

PM10; Few Nitefly's; Franken-Fenders
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric, Pink Hello Kitty