Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Chord Substituion  (Read 2043 times)

Offline loumt123

Chord Substituion
« on: February 26, 2007, 06:52:47 PM »
Does anyone have any good resources on chord substitution. I'm quite familiar with secondary dominants and tritone substituion, but I'd like to become familiar with more complicated substituions.

Chord Substituion

Offline uburoibob

• Bob Martin 11:11
Chord Substituion
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 07:13:13 PM »
Lou,

Gene Bertoncini is the king of reharmonization. I know I've recommended it before, but his book "Approaching The Guitar" gets into harmony like nothing else.

Bob

1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail  â€¢ 1998 Fly Classic in Transparent Dark Blue (thanks, Darren!) •  1998 Fly Classic in Cherry Red with DiBurro Roland Mod • Now on a signature reduction program! Just the Flies, maam. •  www.rtmadvertising.com
1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail Butterscotch -   2000 Fly Standard Classic in Cherry Red - http://bobmartin1111.com

Chord Substituion

Offline loumt123

Chord Substituion
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 08:25:00 PM »
by the way i picked up an awesome book today. It's by berklee press. I believe its called arranging for jazz. It has alot of common instrument's concert pitch and how you would transpose it to be written in the instrument's part. It looks like a real interesting read!

Chord Substituion

Offline Pablo Monti

Chord Substituion
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 09:14:13 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by cmpkllyrslf96

Does anyone have any good resources on chord substitution. I'm quite familiar with secondary dominants and tritone substituion, but I'd like to become familiar with more complicated substituions.

I highly recomend taht you get the joe pass video hot licks videos jazz guitar, you can also get some of his solo transcriptions from the books and see that he is always applying this concept.

good luck