Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Regarding Images on the Forum - Poll  (Read 2323 times)

Offline JPage

• http://www.parkerguitars.com
Regarding Images on the Forum - Poll
« on: March 12, 2005, 10:28:33 AM »
I have seen the requests to post images in the forum.  But, you can already post images in the "Show Us Your Fly" section of the site.

But, if there is overwhelming emand to post images here in the Forum, I am open to considering it.

Post your thoughts.

John

Offline NathanO

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 01:26:49 PM »
I think that if we had a forum named Show Us Your Fly it would be great! We could all comment on the images which we can not do if we use the feature on the website. I think that this is a great idea but if anyone posts a pictures of themselves with their guitar or just their guitar then they should  just be recommended to the "Show Us Your Fly" section of the website.

NathanO.com - Coming soon!

Regards,

Nathan

Offline 908ssp

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 10:01:29 PM »
It isn't about showing my Parker which doesn't look any different then any other Parker it is about communicating better. If I want to show someone how the wiring in the cab should look or the new grill cloth on my cab or anything else we might be discussing posting an image is the only way to do it. I understand you don't want to host pictures I don't think that is necessary many of us have web space or use image hosting service. Many of us belong to other forums that allow posting of pictures and does add to the fun.

1996 Parker Fly Deluxe
2004 Maven Peal Ganesha
2004 Marshall 4x12 Scumbag
Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG

Offline NathanO

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 05:09:32 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by 908ssp

It isn't about showing my Parker which doesn't look any different then any other Parker it is about communicating better. If I want to show someone how the wiring in the cab should look or the new grill cloth on my cab or anything else we might be discussing posting an image is the only way to do it. I understand you don't want to host pictures I don't think that is necessary many of us have web space or use image hosting service. Many of us belong to other forums that allow posting of pictures and does add to the fun.

1996 Parker Fly Deluxe
2004 Maven Peal Ganesha
2004 Marshall 4x12 Scumbag

This is a good reason but i still think it would be good to show our Parkers and ourselves. They are not all the same!!

NathanO.com - Coming soon!

Regards,

Nathan

Offline austin

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 08:58:29 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by 908ssp

+1!! I imagine there is the fear that allowing us to post pictures might lead to inappropriate posts, but I think the potential benefit outweighs the potential harm.

-Austin

--
Early 99" Parker Fly Deluxe, upgraded with new model Dimarzios and full humbucking in the middle position

Offline bostjan

• http://hometown.aol.com/__121b_L3tSnijvtzp0yjselCuPrmUti1/crMEW
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 11:14:27 PM »
well imho, if anyone was going to post something inapropriate, they could do so without a picture.  i think that the ability to post pictures could greatly ease technical explainations and also allow us to share more information with each other than before.  that's what this forum is here for, right?  [:D]