Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: IM PISSED  (Read 3996 times)

Offline jamrcat

IM PISSED
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2007, 12:55:58 PM »
quote:
Here, we have just what Parker needs..a young player with a Fly. If they were to make right on this guitar, perhaps he and his friends would be long term Parker owners.
+1 Amen! [:D]

01' Parker Fly Classic w/SD Black Backs
Korg AX1500G, D-Tar Mama Bear

jamrcat
Butte, Montana
"A Fly for each hand!"

IM PISSED

Offline BrainWorm

IM PISSED
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2007, 02:36:56 AM »
I agree with uburoibob. I bought my Fly Mojo in June 2006 and got some flaws. I fixed one flaw and the other flaw is not fixable, a slight off-center of the bridge to the neck. Kind of like portnoy's first ice burst blue Mojo. Plus too much filing of the fret bevel. Would I sent it back now, I don't know. The electronics work so the guitar is about 95% good. I could take the nut string spacing down to 1.400" from 1.430" to have more fretboard edge room but that is a lot of work to make a new nut. I did it once before.

"Brainverms come crawling and creeping and eat you when you're sleeping."
"Brainverms come crawling and creeping and eat you when you're sleeping."

IM PISSED

Offline brandonsfly

IM PISSED
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2007, 09:30:46 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by jwrooker

quote:
Originally posted by uburoibob

Sorry, but I have to voice an opinion here. Seems like Parker should stand by their "experiments" from 2005. Clearly there aren't enough guitars built by Parker to rally a class action suit, but this guitar should be shipped back to the factory and they should simply take care of it. Using the public as beta testers for anything other than software is reprehensible. It would go a LONG way toward consumer confidence if Parker simply bit the bullet and one at a time made good on these guitars. There are whole chapters in this forum devoted to the maladies that these guitars have. I understand that there are more than a handful of basses that have really suffered as well, and that even today there are issues that are unresolved. Sorry, but this is why I keep buying the old stuff. I really do like it much better.

Bob

Bob,

I agree with you wholeheartedly.  That's kind of why I was hoping that an established forum member could look over that guitar knowing what some of the issues were during the transition.  

Here, we have just what Parker needs..a young player with a Fly.  If they were to make right on this guitar, perhaps he and his friends would be long term Parker owners.

John
[img=left]http://jwrooker.com/images/parkerforum/avatar.jpg[/img=left]
98 Fly Classic w/Gen 1's..98 Fly Classic w/Gen 2's
03 Fly Mojo..02 NiteFly M w/Duncans
96 Fly Standard

That's why I love parker. Everything about them is different. I just got sick of the same looks in guitars. When I saw a parker for the first time at a local guitar center I was amazed at the shape and how it played. It DEFINATELY stood out against a wall of fenders,and gibsons.

I'll never touch any guitar again unless it's a parker or a custom from ken himself.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 10:53:16 PM by brandonsfly »

IM PISSED

Offline 71vette

IM PISSED
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2007, 01:34:45 PM »
I too have had trouble with my 2005 supreme. The input jack cuts in and out, mag/piezo switch mostly inop in the piezo mode, high E string 50% volumne of the others. Sent it to sweetwater for repair. The only problem thats completely fixed is the high E. My 1995 classic has been a great guitar. I thought this guitar would be better in everyway Its not. My friend with his $600.00 Micheal Kelly is laughing all the way to the bank.

IM PISSED

Offline portnoy

• http://www.facebook.com/pages/Huntingdon-United-Kingdom/MusicStreetUK/193947947906?ref=ts
IM PISSED
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2007, 08:35:13 PM »
how long have you owned this guitar from new? i had a faulty fly from the 05 period, i sent it back straight away. and they replaced it. if you contact parker direct by phone or the dealer that you got it from, they may be able to help. thats what shouldve been done when you first had problems with it.

not to worry though, the guys on here are great at helping to solve problems. its a shame to hear of you having that many problems.  

good luck and i hope its well soon, youll forget all about it once its all sorted, i did and i couldnt be happier

Kavan,

07' Fly deluxe - ice blue burst
Marshall MG250DFX (GOING SOON!)
Marshall Vintage modern 100w head + 4x12 cabinet (COMING SOON)
Boss GT8
Boss Micro BR
Phirana cables
D'addario/DR strings
Apple Macbook C2D
2 Inferior guitars :-)

IM PISSED

Offline zackwok

IM PISSED
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2007, 08:16:56 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by jamrcat

quote:
Here, we have just what Parker needs..a young player with a Fly. If they were to make right on this guitar, perhaps he and his friends would be long term Parker owners.
+1 Amen! [:D]

01' Parker Fly Classic w/SD Black Backs
Korg AX1500G, D-Tar Mama Bear

jamrcat
Butte, Montana

I'm 15 and i've got a 2006 fly classic.  when i got it, it was absolutely perfect.  every thing was just perfect (for a lack of better words).  i'm definitely gonna stick with parker.

IM PISSED

Offline portnoy

• http://www.facebook.com/pages/Huntingdon-United-Kingdom/MusicStreetUK/193947947906?ref=ts
IM PISSED
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2007, 09:20:15 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by simonlock

Both of my 2006s are flawless. I guess they are post "howtheheckdowebuildtheseguitars" Chicago. My 05 Classic had been misrouted and was replaced.

Simon
Vancouver,BC

'00 Parker Fly Supreme-Butterscotch
'06 Parker Fly Nylon-Butterscotch w/Jerome Little Knobs
'99 Parker Fly Artist-Butterscotch w/Ken Parker signature and Jerome Little Knobs
'06 Parker Fly Mojo-TransCherry
'06 Parker Fly Classic-Dusty Black
'99 Parker Fly Classic-Natural
'98 Parker Fly Classic-Trans Blue
'02 Parker Fly Classic-Trans Cherry Hardtail w/GK3

my 05 deluxe was misrouted also, and replaced. Maybe mine was done by the same person as yours [:D]

Kavan,

07' Fly deluxe - ice blue burst
Marshall Vintage modern 100w head + 4x12 cabinet
Boss GT8
Boss Micro BR
Phirana cables
D'addario/DR strings
Apple Macbook C2D
2 Inferior guitars :-)

IM PISSED

Offline number 2

IM PISSED
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2007, 03:27:50 AM »
I had some issues with my mojo flame. The switches and pots were all funny. i still kind of have a problem with my piezo/mag switch. The dealer replaced all bad pots and what not. I was pretty pissed that i bought a new axe and it had those problems. I did have some intonation issues in the begining but i set it up very well and ever since i havent touched a thing. My high E tuner got jammed. a piece of the string got caught up the side of one of the locking pegs in the tuner and the pin wouldent drop. I called parker and gave them a picture and an explantion. they mailed me a new one. i was happy that most issues were dealt with professionally. later on one of the ball bearings fell out of my saddle. Yet again i had to replace that, but whatever all is well now. Its never going to change the fact that it is my favorite guitar! BTW if you loose some ball bearings, very thick copper wire cut to the specific length will work quite well! It worked for me for about 6 months!

Every once in a while i go and check all my electronics and what not. Since its all point to point wired like a regular guitar its much easier to work on. I learned alot from my father because he is an electrical engineer so whenever something with electronics goes askew i just whip out the soldering iron and start fixin stuff!

Parker Fly Mojo Flame - Blue Burst
Parker Fly Koa Custom Shop - In progress!
Breedlove Custom Shop Grand Concert size
D'angelico 17 inch Excel
Alembic Custom 7 String Thing
Original PRS CE24
Two Rock Artist 100 watt Head and matching cab
Acoustic Image Focus II R Head
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 03:33:51 AM by number 2 »
Parker Fly Mojo Flame in Blue Burst and Koa Custom Shop Fly Mojo
Breedlove Custom Shop Grand Concert size / D'angelico 17 inch Excel /
Alembic Custom 7 String Thing / Original PRS CE24
Two Rock Artist 100 watt Head and matching cab
Acoustic Image Focus II R Head