Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: p series to get parker style trem?  (Read 920 times)

Offline strongergodzilla

p series to get parker style trem?
« on: March 18, 2007, 02:58:13 AM »
Anyone have any idea when we might start seeing the p series (specifically the p44) in stores with the parker trem like the new catalog has been showing? Im looking into starting  a band and thought it would make a rather good choice as a back up to my nitefly m.
2005 Parker P44 Natural [Sold to fund nitefly m purchase]
2006 Parker Nitefly M Natural

Offline Musicman1

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 10:21:57 AM »
No idea at this point although if the guitar was shown at the last NAMM show in January it could be anytime from now until early summer before these new gtrs are available.  On line it looks like some dealers are trying to liquidate P44s now and some are still asking for the full price. Im torn as to whether a Nitefly bridge is really an advantage to the 44...mine has the last series bridge and while IMO its a junky trem, I like being able to tweak each saddle for height.  Also, I think it would be easy to replace the entire unit w/a Fishman upgraded trem w/piezo saddles.  On the other hand, the NF trem seems to be a better trem unit as a whole and the piezos seem to respond better than in the current 44.  Also the trem is pre-radiused to match the neck so action adjustment might be easier and more spot on.  The only thing is that the couple of pictures I saw of a 44 w/the NF trem, the trem looked to be a little cheaper looking than a real NF trem...meaning it might just be a cheap copy trem w/no real advantage over the current unit quality wise.

Musicman1

2005 Parker P44 in trans red
2002 EB MM Axis Sport  in trans gold
1984 Custom made boutique Strat
1977 Guild D40 NT
1976 Gibson 335 Custom in sunburst
A variety of amps and effects

« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 10:30:22 AM by Musicman1 »
Musicman1's current arsenal includes:
2007 EB MM JP6, Mystic Dream, piezo, matching headstock, dot inlays
2005 Parker P44, trans red
2002 EB MM Axis Sport  trans gold, rosewood fingerboard, hum/hum, vintage trem, matching headstock
1984 Custom made boutique Strat
1977 Guild D40 NT
1976 Gibson 335 Custom in sunburst
A variety of "tube free", absolutely non-boutique and completely replaceable amps and effects