Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Other guitars  (Read 6232 times)

Offline portnoy

• http://www.facebook.com/pages/Huntingdon-United-Kingdom/MusicStreetUK/193947947906?ref=ts
Other guitars
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 06:19:32 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by jamrcat

quote:
i am finding it hard to part with my gibson and ibanez. theyll go eventually when i have a wife and kids :-)
The clock is ticking, if you listen real closely you can almost hear the pitter patter of a new custom Mojo calling out to you! Kavan.....Kavan.....where are you? [:D]

01' Parker Fly Classic "Natural" w/SD Black Backs
93' Parker Fly Deluxe hardtail RP "Blackie"
Korg AX1500G, D-Tar Mama Bear

jamrcat
Butte, Montana

hey rickey,

yeah, i think your right. i dont want to though, the gibson was from a limited run and the ibanez is numer 87 out of 300, scarier thing was i saw the same ibanez, number 92 infact, go for around $1600 on ebay about 6 months ago.

ill be starting to save for my custom mojo after the summers busy events. ill let you know what i end up going for.

Kavan,

07' Fly deluxe - ice blue burst
Marshall MG250DFX (GOING SOON!)
Marshall Vintage modern 100w head + 4x12 cabinet (COMING SOON)
Boss GT8
Boss Micro BR
Phirana cables
D'addario/DR strings
Apple Macbook C2D
2 Inferior guitars :-)

Other guitars

jwrooker

Other guitars
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 06:20:46 AM »
Other guitars?  Surely you jest??  There are no other guitars.

John
[img=left]http://jwrooker.com/images/parkerforum/avatar.jpg[/img=left]98 Fly Classic w/Gen 1's
98 Fly Classic w/Gen 2's
03 Fly Mojo
02 NiteFly M  w/Virtual PAF's
96 Fly Standard

Other guitars

Offline Musicman1

Other guitars
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 08:18:55 AM »
i do use my musicman axis sport as much as the parker. i dont really play my strat or 335 much anymore. i think that the parker has a good variety of tones but overall tonally the mm kills. i do think the parker neck is more comfy as is the body design so its always a toss up when it comes time to leave for the gig. i never bring more than one gtr.

Musicman1

2005 Parker P44 in trans red
2002 EB MM Axis Sport  in trans gold
1984 Custom made boutique Strat
1977 Guild D40 NT
1976 Gibson 335 Custom in sunburst
A variety of "tube free" and absolutely non-boutique amps and effects

Musicman1's current arsenal includes:
2007 EB MM JP6, Mystic Dream, piezo, matching headstock, dot inlays
2005 Parker P44, trans red
2002 EB MM Axis Sport  trans gold, rosewood fingerboard, hum/hum, vintage trem, matching headstock
1984 Custom made boutique Strat
1977 Guild D40 NT
1976 Gibson 335 Custom in sunburst
A variety of "tube free", absolutely non-boutique and completely replaceable amps and effects

Other guitars

Offline Toonman

• http://www.sergiomucino.com
Other guitars
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2007, 12:33:59 PM »
My Ibanez JEM is still my main rock guitar. Incredible instrument. It has a lot more bite than my fly mojo (pickups help there). It's a really nice guitar. I only own 3 guitars... my JEM, a Fly Mojo, and a P38... I use them for different tasks, so in the end, they all kinda get the same play time. Love 'em all!

Sergio Muciño
http://www.myspace.com/sergiomucino
http://www.sergiomucino.com

Other guitars

Offline loumt123

Other guitars
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2007, 05:55:32 PM »
"I play the Alvarez-Yairi quite a bit around the house. Next to the Parker it has the best neck of any guitar I have ever played."

It's true....the necks are fast [:)]

Other guitars

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
Other guitars
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2007, 06:45:12 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by cmpkllyrslf96

"I play the Alvarez-Yairi quite a bit around the house. Next to the Parker it has the best neck of any guitar I have ever played."

It's true....the necks are fast [:)]

I like my Alvaez Yari too. Awesome handmade guitars. My Dad bought it for me as a teen over 30 years ago. It does need an adjustment but I don't have a luthier that I trust it with yet.

I have an old cheap Harmony Sovereign acoustic that I have tricked out for easy play by a local luthier. It sounds great. My Grandfather helped me buy it very used at a yard sale over 35 years ago.

I also have a Larrivee Parlor which is nice but I am selling it to help finance another Fly.

The Gibson es137 Custom model is very nice and one of the most beautiful finishes I have ever seen. Its also up for sale for the same reason.

Custom '03 Hardtail Artist ; Fly Deluxe 2000; Gibson ES137(4sale); 1974 K.Yari DY85; SchecterDisposable; Martin Backpacker/paddle combo;LarriveeParlor(4sale);VoxAD30VT;SWR California Blonde(broken)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 06:45:41 PM by Bill »
A few Flys in my soup

Other guitars

Offline laughinglarry

• http://www.myspace.com/larrysmithmusic
Other guitars
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2007, 09:01:08 PM »
I use my Strat Plus and Ibanez JS-1000 quite a bit.  They both play well, sound great, and it's easy to get superb tone for recording.  My American Tele also gets recorded a LOT (and not just for the brittle lead stuff you'd expect.)  My Les Paul is simply too heavy - 12 pounds!  I do use it for recording too, but that's all.  (Too bad, it used to look great under stage lights!)

My most recent acquisition has been a Hohner G3T.  I LOVE travelling with it, but I don't care much for the tone or trem.  I'm really dying to get a real Steinberger - one of the Music Yo USA ones.  But since I've been on the headless jones (Thanksgiving Day, to be precise) they haven't had one to sell me.  Talk about aggravating.  That's how I ended up with the Hohner.  The headless thing makes a tremendous amount of sense, and is very easy to get enthralled with.  And if you've ever done a string change with double ball strings - OH MY GOD!  It's the way string changes SHOULD be.  It literally takes less than 15 minutes, including stretching the strings.  The first time, I spent a half hour.  I kept stretching them, then checking the tuning, expecting them to be flat.  Once I came to the realization that I was just wasting time it hit me.  It's almost TOO easy!

I've been spending too much time on the Steinie forum - but those folks are very jazzed about their TransTrem and S-trem's.  I don't care about transposing - I want the S-trem model.  (Although the CONCEPT of the trasposing tremolo is VERY cool - I just know I wouldn't use it...)  I'll report back if it ever becomes a reality.

But back to the topic, I agree with you Yoyo: I LOVE my Fly, but I won't give up the others.  They DO all have a voice; I find different songs in each guitar.  (But I still plan on adding a Classic or Mojo to my stable, after the Steinberger!)

Larry

'97 Fly Deluxe (with GK-2A), '89 Strat Plus, '89 American Standard Tele, '92 Les Paul Custom, '99 Ibanez JS-1000, Ibanez Silver Series (Strat), Epiphone Dot, '65 Mustang, Hohner G3T, Yamaha BB3000AF, Peavey Foundation, Hamer Cruisebass
http://www.myspace.com/larrysmithmusic

Other guitars

Offline DrJeff

Other guitars
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2007, 11:08:36 AM »
Other guitars? Oh yeah! I remember now. 1979 Music Man Sabre II (wall art), 1983 Ovation Balladeer (keep it at church), 2005 Gibson SG Standard (gave it to my 14 year-old). Sold the rest. Just the Parkers, nowadays -- go figure.1997 Sunburst Nitefly SA
2000 Metallic Red Fly Deluxe w/Roland Mod
Rgds,
Jeff

Other guitars

Offline jamrcat

Other guitars
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2007, 11:45:34 PM »
I know this is an older thread, but I came across one of my all time favorite "other" guitars. I bought one of these (same everything, thought it might be mine!) in 1975 and then sold it about a year later. One of the biggest mistakes I ever made. Thought you would enjoy seeing one: This ones for sale right now for $3,500. It hurts me to see it!

1975 BC Rich Seagull [:(]

01' Parker Fly Classic "Natural" w/SD Black Backs (Thanks Jay)
93' Parker Fly Deluxe hardtail RP "Blackie" KP Signature (Thank You! Bob & Ken)
2FlyBob (Thanks Paul!)

jamrcat
Butte, Montana
"A Fly for each hand!"

Other guitars

Offline Lwinn171

Other guitars
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2007, 12:02:26 AM »
Ha-Ha... that makes the Fly upper horn seem tame! It's a beauty, though. I have a very fond memory of playing a brand new BC Rich Eagle (1979?), as a kid in a music store. I was leaning toward chasing that dream when I got sidetracked by Parker's, no regrets.

Lawrence Winn
2001 Classic,1998 Classic
Boogie MK IV, Behringer ACX-1800, Zoom A2, various effects
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 12:03:09 AM by Lwinn171 »

Lawrence Winn
2001 Classic, 98 Deluxe
various amps, various toys

Other guitars

Offline jamrcat

Other guitars
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2007, 12:10:54 AM »
The upper horn never bothered me! My wife just saw this picture and thought I was buying it! I've never loved a guitar as much as I loved that one, I'd better stop looking at her!!! [:I]

01' Parker Fly Classic "Natural" w/SD Black Backs (Thanks Jay)
93' Parker Fly Deluxe hardtail RP "Blackie" KP Signature (Thank You! Bob & Ken)
2FlyBob (Thanks Paul!)

jamrcat
Butte, Montana
"A Fly for each hand!"

Other guitars

Offline Eruption

Other guitars
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2007, 07:28:55 AM »
1987 Yamaha Rgx 1212s[still gets played every once in a while]
1990 Yamaha Rgx 112[Never played at all]
1985 Tokai V[sometimes for gigs]
1979 Hondo Longhorn[never played]
2004 Yamaha Rbx 774[c'mon,it's a bass!]
1995 Yamaha Pacifica 120sd[Dad's]
[soon to get,Yamaha Apx 4a 12 sring.]

2007 Parker Fly Deluxe
2001 Yamaha DG60
...and some strange beautful secrets...
'07 Fly Deluxe- Dusty Black
'10 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Plus
'11 Suhr Modern Custom (ON ORDER)
'10 Mesa/Boogie Mark V head
'00s Randall MTS 2x12
TC Electronic Flashback Delay/ISP Decimator
...and some strange beautiful secrets...

Other guitars

Offline Andi

• http://www.monkeyfx.co.uk
Other guitars
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2007, 09:04:04 AM »
My main other guitars would be an Ibanez MMM1 (28" neck-thru baritone) and an Ibanez Talman (composite body).

Other guitars

Offline Eruption

Other guitars
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2007, 10:24:05 AM »
What year is the Talman?

2007 Parker Fly Deluxe
2001 Yamaha DG60
...and some strange beautful secrets...
'07 Fly Deluxe- Dusty Black
'10 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Plus
'11 Suhr Modern Custom (ON ORDER)
'10 Mesa/Boogie Mark V head
'00s Randall MTS 2x12
TC Electronic Flashback Delay/ISP Decimator
...and some strange beautiful secrets...

Other guitars

Offline Paul Marossy

• Excuse me while I kiss The Fly
Other guitars
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2007, 10:29:45 AM »
There's other guitars beside Parkers?! [:D][;)]

I also have an Ibanez S470FM, flame maple, British Racing Green with cosmo chrome hardware. And a red flame maple HRR '57 Strat made in Japan with a white pearloid pickguard and an original Floyd Rose bridge on it. They're both nice guitars, but definitely not a Parker.

Oh yeah, also the Frankenstrat project guitar that I built. It has a wah circuit built into it, too. [:0]

__/\\/\\__PJM__/\\/\\__
www.DIYguitarist.com
www.myspace.com/j201jams
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 10:35:51 AM by Paul Marossy »