Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ed Roman?  (Read 14424 times)

jwrooker

Ed Roman?
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2008, 06:18:13 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by uburoibob

I understand he talked her down from $5500 to $4300! I want him to go guitar shopping with me!

Yeah, that would be a great idea.  This guy paid $4300 for something he could have gotten at home for free or up on Lyell Ave for $250.  Go guitar shopping with him and he'll find you a nice $4500 P44! I't like we have Gomez Addams for Governor. We sure can pick 'em here in New York.. [:(]

John
But, Sell, Trade at The Garage Sale: http://www.jwrooker.com/garagesale
Parker Chat: http://www.jwrooker.com/mychat
Be Part of the Forum CD at The Music Project:  http://musicproject.ning.com
Say It Proud, I'm Old and I'm Loud!: http://www.loudoldguys.com

Ed Roman?

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
Ed Roman?
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2008, 04:53:52 PM »
Well looks like he'll have plenty of time for shopping now(just resigned). But, he will likly be a little short on cash with his wife being an attorney and all. At least until his book comes out.

And don't feel bad, yours is certainly not the only state that tends to "know how to elect them".

Electing them is one thing. Disinfecting them is something else.[:(]

A few Flys in my soup
A few Flys in my soup

Ed Roman?

Offline lerxst6

Ed Roman?
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2008, 09:38:31 AM »
I'm a long-time lurker, first time poster ...

I was thinking of buying an unfinished body from Ed Roman, but am a little scared of dealing with them after reading some of your experiences.  His shop is the only one I've found that makes a copy of the Ibanez Radius/JoeSatriani body, and I'd like to build one of those.  The price was high (~$370), but I don't think I would be able to accurately reproduce all of the curved edges.  I would be livid if I dropped a few grand down and got the treatment some of you have.

Hopefully just buying a body will be simpler with less chance of poor interaction.

Ed Roman?

Offline Paul Marossy

• Excuse me while I kiss The Fly
Ed Roman?
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2008, 10:02:24 AM »
quote:
I'm a long-time lurker, first time poster ...

I was thinking of buying an unfinished body from Ed Roman, but am a little scared of dealing with them after reading some of your experiences. His shop is the only one I've found that makes a copy of the Ibanez Radius/JoeSatriani body, and I'd like to build one of those. The price was high (~$370), but I don't think I would be able to accurately reproduce all of the curved edges. I would be livid if I dropped a few grand down and got the treatment some of you have.

Hopefully just buying a body will be simpler with less chance of poor interaction.

I've seen a bunch of nice Ibanez bodies with really cool paint jobs and graphics (and unfinished ones) hanging in their shop. I think you'd do OK getting an unfinished body from them.

__/\\/\\__PJM__/\\/\\__
www.DIYguitarist.com
www.myspace.com/j201jams
http://improvisingguitarists.ning.com/profile/PaulMarossy

Ed Roman?

Offline lerxst6

Ed Roman?
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2008, 10:40:28 AM »
Thanks for the response Paul.  BTW, I checked out your myspace ... awesome stuff.  

After seeing this thread, I'm now foreseeing one of those discussions where they'll push hard to sell me everything I'll need.  I just want the body (routed like the old JS6-hardtail) ... no neck, no pickups, no hardware.  I called them a month ago and they said they were in production on that style, and should have some ready in a "month or so".

quote:
Originally posted by Paul Marossy
I've seen a bunch of nice Ibanez bodies with really cool paint jobs and graphics (and unfinished ones) hanging in their shop. I think you'd do OK getting an unfinished body from them.

Ed Roman?

Offline JSanta

Ed Roman?
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2008, 10:45:35 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by lerxst6

Thanks for the response Paul.  BTW, I checked out your myspace ... awesome stuff.  

After seeing this thread, I'm now foreseeing one of those discussions where they'll push hard to sell me everything I'll need.  I just want the body (routed like the old JS6-hardtail) ... no neck, no pickups, no hardware.  I called them a month ago and they said they were in production on that style, and should have some ready in a "month or so".

quote:
Originally posted by Paul Marossy

You might also want to check out www.warmoth.com  They supply several different types of unfinished bodies, and I think they even do custom work.

/jim

Miss Wormwood:  What State do you live in?
Calvin: Denial.
Miss Wormwood: I don't suppose I can argue with that...

Ed Roman?

Offline Paul Marossy

• Excuse me while I kiss The Fly
Ed Roman?
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2008, 11:05:27 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by lerxst6

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words on my noise.

On Ed Romans, just hold your ground, you're in charge. [;)]

__/\\/\\__PJM__/\\/\\__
www.DIYguitarist.com
www.myspace.com/j201jams
http://improvisingguitarists.ning.com/profile/PaulMarossy

Ed Roman?

Offline Stomping Spuds

Ed Roman?
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2008, 11:21:09 PM »
Do not buy anything from this guy.  His work has not been worthy for years.  Check out the Abstract Caligula review on Harmony Central.  Ed is currently ranting about me on his site too.  It is way off the mark as usual Hypocrite Ed McRoman.  I paid 3200$ in total to him for a crap wood block.  Ed is currently selling his Harley, so he can buy a Hoveround.  I'll send flowers to your funeral, yeah plastic ones to go with Fake reputaion.  What is made in Vegas should Stay in Vegas [:(!]
Make Music Not Noise