Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Acoustic Amp  (Read 16846 times)

Offline deaddug

Acoustic Amp
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2006, 02:49:41 PM »
Has anyone brought up the Fender Accoustisonic???  I have one and was wondering about your input.

Doug

Acoustic Amp

Offline sfw

Acoustic Amp
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2006, 03:21:37 PM »
For those just reading this thread, I thought I should update my comments above. I have since moved on to a running the piezo split into a Mackie Board and directly to a Mackie SRM350 powered speaker. Very tough and portable. I really like the sound too. I'm considering adding something to the effects loop for that board input, but currently only use the board eq.

- Scott

PM10; PM20; P-38
Franken-Fenders
Mackie SRM350 (piezo & modeller killer)
Randall RM4,RT2/50 (with EarCandyCabs on the way :))
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric
- Scott

PM10; Few Nitefly's; Franken-Fenders
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric, Pink Hello Kitty

Acoustic Amp

Offline chemrat

Acoustic Amp
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2006, 02:58:35 AM »
I like the Yamaha AG stomp to warm up the piezo sound a bit.  The newer models include some inexpensive ones.

I have an early version of the Peavey Ecoustic- it has a 12" speaker and PIEZO tweeter.  It sound good with my non-piezo 12-string (see more below) and I run a POD 2.0 through it with flat eq (probably should bypass the preamp altogether) and get excellent POD tones from the full range speaker.   But piezo pickups into piezo speakers can be too harsh.  I'd avoid this particular model since the newer Ecoustics have better (non-piezo) tweeters.

I've been using a Loudbox recently, and liked it so much I just ordered a second one (both used, Ebay). Now for some stereo effects!  

I've been using a Loudbox recently, and liked it so much I just ordered a second one (both used, Ebay). Now for some stereo effects!  Plus I like the sound of my Roland VG-8 into the loudbox (I have not yet tried my PA, it is in a rats nest of gear in the basement).  Note:  I haven't tried the Parkers yet with the loudbox, I've used a Godin acousticaster, Godin ACS SA, and Brian Moore 21.13 (representng at least two if not three difefrent piezo PUps).  

I think that keyboard amps are often very inexpensive and great choices for the acoustic side. I see Peavey keyboard amps for 120 bucks on ebay.  They may even be better (in some areas) than the loudbox for the VG8.  I'd make sure that you ge these amps off the floor with an amp stand or the extra bass from keyboard (or some acoustic) amps with just go into the floor and get muddy.

Chemrat
St. Louis, Missouri
Fly Deluxe, MidiFly, Boogie 22, POD 2.0, Yamaha AG stomp, Strat plus, 2 Tele's (Custom '72 RI's, one Korean, one MIJ), Twin.... Just starting with MIDI/synth.
Chemrat
St. Louis, Missouri
Fly Deluxe, MidiFly, Boogie 22, POD 2.0, Yamaha AG stomp (still lost in the basement), Strat Plus, 2 Tele's (Custom '72 RI's, one Korean, one MIJ), two 1970 Japanese LP copies, Brian Moore 21.3, Fender Twin, pair of Fishman Loudboxes, various acoustics including classical, dreagnought, jumbo and 12-string .... Just starting with MIDI/synth: Roland JV2080, GI-20, VG-8, presonus firebox/cubase LE, other GK control via my son's Godin ACS Slim and midi control by my other son's keyboard.

Acoustic Amp

Offline parkerpicker

Acoustic Amp
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2006, 09:03:10 PM »
Hey Chemrat, I'm in St Louis Too!
Along with using my Piezo through my Crate telluride I have tried using a tubpe Pre-amp first and it really sounds smooth.

Nitefly Sunburst NF V1
Nitefly Sunburst NF V3
G&L George Fullerton
Fender Strat
2 Ovation A/E Balladeer
1940 Roy Smeck "Vita" Guitar
Crate Telluride & Peavey Delta Blues

Leave your mark..not a stain
Nitefly Sunburst NF V1
Nitefly Sunburst NF V3
Taylor T5 KOA
G&L George Fullerton
Fender Strat
2 Ovation A/E Balladeer

Acoustic Amp

Offline parkerpicker

Acoustic Amp
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2006, 09:04:18 PM »
I meant TUBE pre-amp!!!
quote:
Originally posted by parkerpicker

Hey Chemrat, I'm in St Louis Too!
Along with using my Piezo through my Crate telluride I have tried using a tubpe Pre-amp first and it really sounds smooth.

Nitefly Sunburst NF V1
Nitefly Sunburst NF V3
G&L George Fullerton
Fender Strat
2 Ovation A/E Balladeer

Nitefly Sunburst NF V1
Nitefly Sunburst NF V3
G&L George Fullerton
Fender Strat