Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My God  (Read 2908 times)

Offline uburoibob

• Bob Martin 11:11
My God
« on: July 01, 2007, 10:34:46 PM »
I had no idea this was live and available:

http://www.tedgreene.com

Just about anything you want to know about playing solo guitar you'll find here. The knowledge extends to just about every other area of playing guitar.

Ted Greene was one of the holy elite of guitar playing and was in company with Lenny Breu, Chet Atkins, Gene Bertoncini, Mick Goodrich, and a handful of others who knew/know the guitar inside out.

You don't find better stuff than this. Anywhere.

If you want to master the instrument, start here.

Bob

1997 Parker Fly Concert Burnt Butterscotch  â€¢  1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail Butterscotch  â€¢  1998 Fly Classic in Transparent Dark Blue  â€¢  1998 Fly Classic in Cherry Red with DiBurro Roland Mod •  http://bobmartin1111.com
1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail Butterscotch -   2000 Fly Standard Classic in Cherry Red - http://bobmartin1111.com

My God

Offline jamrcat

My God
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 11:05:43 PM »
Thanks Bob! [:D] Ted's style is so reminiscent of my study of Howard Roberts recording's. I knew an old player from Northern California that introduced me to this style of guitar, resulting in a major change in my usage of inversions, scalic chord structures etc. Love listening to this stuff, I only wish I could play it! [:(]

01' Parker Fly Classic "Natural" w/SD Black Backs (Thanks Jay)
93' Parker Fly Deluxe hardtail RP "Blackie" KP Signature (Thank You! Bob & Ken)
Fender Cyber Twin, Stage 100 Head, Korg AX1500G, D-Tar Mama Bear, and a 2FlyBob (Thanks Paul!)

jamrcat
Butte, Montana
"A Fly for each hand!"

My God

Offline prjacobs

My God
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 05:25:04 AM »
Bob,
I've never heard of Ted Greene before, so I decided to open the Baroque Counterpoint 1 pdf and take a look.  His warmth and wisdom jumped off of the page.  Something about just looking at his writing, his comments, the assignments he gave, made me feel like I'd actually been in the room with him, getting a lesson.  
Thanks,
Paul Jacobs

My God

Offline bno

My God
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 09:02:48 AM »
This stuff is great.  Check it out.  Thanks, Bob.
'94 Fly Deluxe
Listen first, then play.

My God

Offline loumt123

My God
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 02:25:37 PM »
harp harmonics [8D]

My God

Offline blancacat

My God
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 02:50:09 AM »
I had never heard of Ted Greene either--but then there are lots of interesting musicians I suppose that I have never heard of.  A very interesting cite.  I'll be "studying" there from time to time.  I guess I had an instructor somewhat like him once but I didn't get that much out of him in the short time he was here---talked way too fast and way over my head all the time; I'd ask a question and he'd go off on a tangent that even puzzled me the more.  I've learned the most from just such cites and books and from my own meanderings.

Thanks for posting the cite.  Cool.

99 Classic--thanks Simon
60 LP reissue
00 Strat Deluxe
Alvarez Yairi dy84
Carvin AC 375
Fender Cybertwin
Carvin Belair
99 Classic--thanks Simon
60 LP reissue
00 Strat Deluxe
Alvarez Yairi dy84
Modulus Genesis
Genz Benz Black Pearl
Siegmund Midnite Special

My God

Offline Yoyo

My God
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 04:16:03 AM »
I'm another T.G. virgin, but I quickly downloaded his Jazz/Blues files. This ties in very nicely with the larry Carlton site that guitarmanuk steered me on to as he was demoing a jazzmans approach to blues comping. Who said blues is three chords? I haven't got enough of a musical brain to be a jazzer, but I would welcome some influence from that direction. Nice post, thanks.
The only thing that exists is this moment now.

My God

Offline jazzrat

My God
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 05:48:41 AM »
That is good to see Bob! I knew there was some legal wrangling over his stuff for a while.
I'm a fan from way back. I have his books but they are a contant reminder of my lazy streak and I have not applied the wealth of great info in them. It's funny Yoyo mentioned Carlton and Greene. The first two jazz LP's I bought were Ted Greene's and Carlton's "Strikes Twice".

AMDlx Tele, Pro Tone fat Tele, Eastman 805 CE Archtop,  MIM jazz bass, Takemine '95 SC-132EC
Fly Classic, Ibanez AS-193, Eric Johnson Strat, Eastman AR403-CE, Cordoba Fusion 12 Maple, Fretless Jazz Bass

My God

Offline JSanta

My God
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 03:29:20 PM »
Ted's Chord Chemistry was the first guitar book I ever bought and at 13 and as a beginner it was well over my head, but when I swing around back to NY again, I may have to dig it out for some fun studying.

/jim

My God

Offline stelor

My God
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 01:53:25 PM »
Thanks Bob.  I have 2 of his chord books from my youth (a LONG time ago) and I still reference them today.  I'll have to listen to one of his audio performances.

'07 Parker Fly Mojo Flame - Black Cherry Burst
Epiphone PR7E
'83 Aria Pro II Deluxe V
'07 Parker Fly Mojo Flame - Black Cherry Burst
'96 Epiphone PR7E
'83 Aria Pro II Deluxe V
Peavey Studio Pro 110
Zoom G9.2tt, Ibanez Tube Screamer, Boss Stereo Chorus