Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Michael Angelo Batio  (Read 2376 times)

Offline loumt123

Michael Angelo Batio
« on: June 10, 2005, 09:52:33 PM »
Ridiculously good...I've never seen anyone play like him...without a doubt my favorite of all time..plays two necks at once hands crossed playing hand upside down...incredible.

Michael Angelo Batio

Offline Hoovooloo

Michael Angelo Batio
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 11:40:27 PM »
Eh. He's very good, but that crazy shredding type stuff gets a little monotonous after a while.
We are at the very beginning of time for the human race. It is not unreasonable that we grapple with problems. But there are tens of thousands of years in the future. Our responsibility is to do what we can, learn what we can, improve the solutions, and pass them on. -
Richard P. Feynman

Michael Angelo Batio

Offline Binner

Michael Angelo Batio
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 07:43:52 AM »
He and is very scarry in the shred department, and the 80's flashy stuff - I miss those days. There are still a lot players out there that can and do play that stuff; some are more tasteful than others, but not many do the flashy thing (it doesn't really do much for the playing itself) You should have seen Vai in his youth, just as flashy but even more solid of a player with cleaner technique. Shred is the best best area for the Fly...
'97 Fly Classic with Steve's Special/Air Norton
'05 Mojo Flame (Green) with SD Distortion/Jazz
'03 Parker 5-String (Natural) Duncan AJB-5s
'89 Hamer with Sustainiac
'95 Ovation Standard Elite (Green Burst)
'98 Ovation Balladeer (Red burst)
PRS Custom 24
Fender American Deluxe Strat
a bunch of Jacksons
a bunch of Charvels
a bunch of Peaveys (Vandenbergs)
Mesa RoadKing II
Mesa Mark IV Long Head
Mesa Stiletto Deuce II
Mesa F-30
Mesa 4x12
Peavey Triple X 2x12
Peavey 4x12 with two V30s and 2 G12T 75s
SWR Bass 750 with Mesa 4x10 and 1x15
Mesa Bass 400+
...and a bunch of other stuff

Michael Angelo Batio

Offline loumt123

Michael Angelo Batio
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 09:39:16 AM »
I myself don't like mindless shredders, but He can play different genres extremely well..the guy really knows what he is doing. And yes, Vai is another one of my favorites..He's found a million different ways to make strange sounds with his guitar haha..I reccommend seeing him live..it was quite a show [:D]