Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Custom shop Niteflys and Singlecuts  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Andi

• http://www.monkeyfx.co.uk
Custom shop Niteflys and Singlecuts
« on: August 02, 2007, 09:53:49 AM »
Are these models available from the Custom Shop? Just thinking about different pickups and finishes for a Southern Nitefly and finish and piezos for a Singlecut.

Also how would someone from the UK go about ordering from the Custom Shop? Would it be possible to do it either direct or through a US retailer? UK Parker prices are far, far higher than US (a Nitefly M could easily cost the equivalent of $2500, and a Singlecut could be $3500).

ta!

jwrooker

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 10:12:05 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Andi

Are these models available from the Custom Shop? Just thinking about different pickups and finishes for a Southern Nitefly and finish and piezos for a Singlecut.

Also how would someone from the UK go about ordering from the Custom Shop? Would it be possible to do it either direct or through a US retailer? UK Parker prices are far, far higher than US (a Nitefly M could easily cost the equivalent of $2500, and a Singlecut could be $3500).

ta!

Other than the finishes, the things you describe are probably things you could do yourself or have a qualified luthier do for you.  The Southern is very easy to work on and do pickup mods, especially if you plan to stay with Tele style pickups.  There are bridges available with piezos in them.  Not sure if they are an easy fit for the Single cut but it is worth looking into.

John
Rochester, NY
* 96 Fly Standard * 98 Fly Classic w/Gen 1's
* 98 Fly Classic w/Gen 2's * 01 Fly Single 2
* 02 NiteFly M w/Virtual PAF's * 03 Fly Mojo W/Pearly Gates
* 05 Southern NiteFly
Parker Chat: http://www.jwrooker.com/mychat

Offline Andi

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 10:24:13 AM »
Indeed - I'm quite happy doing pickup swaps myself and there are people who do perfectly good refinish jobs in the UK. Just wondering if it'd be simpler/cheaper to have it done how I wanted in the first place.

Offline loumt123

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 01:20:55 PM »
chicagokid might be able to do something for you. I'm not sure if he deals internationally but I'm sure he can point you in the right direction.

Offline jamrcat

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 02:04:10 PM »
The NiteFly's definetly use a more universal size pick-up cavity and should be easy to swap pick-ups. I agree with John that the things you want to do could easily be done locally compared to using the Custom Shop unless you want a customized finish or color! [:)]

01' Parker Fly Classic "Natural" w/SD Black Backs (Thanks Jay)
93' Parker Fly Deluxe hardtail RP "Blackie" KP Signature (Thank You! Bob & Ken)
D-Tar Mama Bear, and a 2FlyBob (Thanks Paul!)

jamrcat
Butte, Montana
"A Fly for each hand!"

Offline Andi

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 02:36:50 PM »
It's mostly about the colour. Honest. I like blue guitars best, you see, but the Southern isn't available in blue, and I don't want a bursted blue or a flame top like the Mojo Flame Singlecut. Just something akin to Magik Blue for each. At which point it'd seem sensible to have the pickups and piezo from the get-go.

Well, it makes (some) sense to me.

Otherwise I might just get a blonde Southern (which looks pretty darned good) and see if there's anything "wrong" with the stock pickups.

jwrooker

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 03:13:49 PM »
quote:

It's mostly about the colour. Honest. I like blue guitars best, you see, but the Southern isn't available in blue, and I don't want a bursted blue or a flame top like the Mojo Flame Singlecut. Just something akin to Magik Blue for each. At which point it'd seem sensible to have the pickups and piezo from the get-go.

Well, it makes (some) sense to me.

Otherwise I might just get a blonde Southern (which looks pretty darned good) and see if there's anything "wrong" with the stock pickups.

My opinion entirely, but I think the stock pickups in the Southern are outstanding.  If you are looking for a really hot Tele tone, you may find the need to change because the stock pickups are vintage Tele all the way.  The neck is very sweet and the bridge is full of Tele twang.  

I had a Blonde Southern and the photos do not do the finish justice, it is a very nice looking guitar in person.  I have a Butterscotch one now.

That being said, I think a Majik Blue one would be amazing.  There was an Italian Plum one on Ebay recently, wasn't there?

John
Rochester, NY
* 96 Fly Standard * 98 Fly Classic w/Gen 1's
* 98 Fly Classic w/Gen 2's * 01 Fly Single 2
* 02 NiteFly M w/Virtual PAF's * 03 Fly Mojo W/Pearly Gates
* 05 Southern NiteFly
Parker Chat: http://www.jwrooker.com/mychat

Offline Andi

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 03:27:01 PM »
I was just thinking of Kinmans, on account of I really hate hum and gather that they're about the best of the hum-free Tele pickups.

Someone here was selling a lovely deep metallic red Southern a few weeks ago but I wasn't near a PC when the Ebay listing ended. Shame - it went for a bargain price.

I've played a butterscotch Southern and liked it apart from the colour - it just doesn't suit me. The blonde would be fine, the black would too, but my PM-10 and Nitefly M are both black. And I'd really, really, really like a Magik Blue Parker. It's a glorious shade.

Offline jamrcat

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 05:26:56 PM »
To my understanding, there has only been a few custom blue Southerns that have been available. You might want to contact Parker (US Music)if you really want one! [;)]

01' Parker Fly Classic "Natural" w/SD Black Backs (Thanks Jay)
93' Parker Fly Deluxe hardtail RP "Blackie" KP Signature (Thank You! Bob & Ken)
D-Tar Mama Bear, and a 2FlyBob (Thanks Paul!)

jamrcat
Butte, Montana
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 06:12:48 PM by jamrcat »
"A Fly for each hand!"

Offline kurrykid

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 10:41:17 PM »
I should have a pretty cool "blue" single cut coming from the custom shop in a month or so (I am hoping to get an update very soon).  However, it won't be a blue color entirely but a painting with blue as the primary color.  It should be both unique and awesome.  It is also going to have piezos and a tremolo bridge as well.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some pre-delivery pics online as well as some finished pics.

Man, is it ever hard to wait it out but I am sure it is going to be worth it.

Dave

PM20, QB
Black P6E
Custom Fly Mojo Single Cut Coming Soon!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 10:44:22 PM by kurrykid »
Dave

TTB DF
"Calvary Fly" Custom Mojo Single Cut
PM20, QB
Black P6E

Offline 908ssp

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 11:09:01 PM »
I had Kinmans singles in my NF7. They sounded great and were well balanced with the humbucker.

[^]

Alex

Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG

Offline Andi

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 04:02:01 AM »
I shall see about emailing the custom shop then. Ta for the advice everyone - it is much appreciated. :)

Offline 908ssp

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 09:44:19 AM »
quote:

I shall see about emailing the custom shop then. Ta for the advice everyone - it is much appreciated. :)

Actually there is no custom shop to email. Just talk to your dealer that is your best bet.[;)]

[^]

Alex

Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG