Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Toggle switch "modification"  (Read 2902 times)

Offline Lir11a

Toggle switch "modification"
« on: March 14, 2005, 03:56:39 AM »
To all those users who dont like the toggle switches on the old Parkers - the problem I had was that they are lower than the volume and tone knobs which makes them hard to switch efficiently while playing.

I decided to do something about it so I went out on a search for an appropriate switch handle extension. After a couple of days of net surfing and store wandering I found a cheap ballpoint pen that has an ideal bottom cap for the task. I unscrewed the cap, put some hot glue (with a hot glue melting gun) in the cap, and attached it to the handle of the switch. The switches are now totally easy to switch, sofar they hold well (app. for 3 months now) and they fit in the case without problems (that is something you need to be carefull about - if the cap is too long you could tear the newly mounted extension off or perhaps in the worst case even damage the switch).

It is cheap, it works well and you dont need any skills to do it (just dont spill the hot glue all over you guitar and blame me for it [:D]).

Here you can find the pictures of the modded switches:
http://www.echofilmfest.org/parker.htm

The ballpoint pen on the picture is exactly as the one I have used, but in blue color. Unfortunatelly I have no idea who manufactures these pens since the only thing that is written on it is T-17 (really small letters in transparent plastic part).
« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 04:10:47 AM by Lir11a »

Offline 908ssp

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 09:43:54 AM »
Those look great you did a really nice job. I hope the paint holds up too bad they weren't black or were they? I was hoping you had a wiring fix for that useless middle position of the magnetic pickup switch.

1996 Parker Fly Deluxe
2004 Maven Peal Ganesha
2004 Marshall 4x12 Scumbag
Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG

Offline Lir11a

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 10:48:10 AM »
The ones I used were black. I bought 2 black and two blue ones. I took a photo of the blue one because it is still in one piece.

As for the middle position - you can revire it the Gibson way. You can have both humbuckers on at the same time. Call Parker and ask them for a wiring diagram - or perhaps you can also ask Dimarzio.