Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Swag revisited  (Read 3730 times)

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
Swag revisited
« on: September 25, 2007, 09:03:43 PM »
OK, I kind of get that Ken wasn't going to get bogged down in trinkets, but USM has been at the helm awhile now and its high time for more of that self promoting slice of Americana--SWAG.

Even the old Parker franchise had bumper stickers and key chains.

I want one of these picks with a Fly Guitar in the Aliens hands  

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-Guitar-Picks-ALIEN-PLAYING-GUITAR-pick-set-pics_W0QQitemZ180162731388QQihZ008QQcategoryZ20831QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Custom '03 Hardtail MoJarzio(Mojo with stock Dimarzio's); Custom '03 Hardtail Artist;Custom '98 Artist w Duncans;Ruby Red Fly Deluxe 2000; Gorgeous Gibson ES137(4sale); 1974 K.Yari DY85; SchecterDisposable; Martin Backpacker/paddle combo;VoxAD30VT;SWR California Blonde
A few Flys in my soup

Swag revisited

Offline mountaindewaddict

Swag revisited
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 11:30:09 PM »
I cannot state how forcefully I agree with Bill. MORE SWAG!!!

BTW - above link is dead

Casey

Gear:
Parker P-44, Digitech GNX4, other stuff...
"Remember, if at first you don't succeed, you're doing it wrong."
God Bless!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 11:30:45 PM by mountaindewaddict »
Casey

Gear: Parker Fly Deluxe, Parker PDF60, Way Huge, Digitech / Hardwire, Line 6, Source Audio,T-Rex, and TC Electronic Pedals, Egnater amps, other stuff... God Bless!

Swag revisited

Offline danjazzny

Swag revisited
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 06:11:20 AM »
Got a couple of these 4" stickers off ebay last year. [/img]

'05 Mojo++'95 Deluxe++'98 Classic++'97 Alex Artist ++'99 Simonized Artist++'97 Custom Red Artist++Line 6 Amps
'99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97 TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '00 TransCherry Classic w/SD's 5lbs3oz; Line 6 Vetta II

Swag revisited

Offline danjazzny

Swag revisited
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 01:26:58 PM »
It's back. Thought this sold the other day for over $100. [:0] [}:)] http://cgi.ebay.com/Parker-Fly-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar-Clock-Red-Unique-NICE_W0QQitemZ180246527853QQihZ008QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

'05 Mojo++'95 Deluxe++'98 Classic++'97 Alex Artist ++'99 Simonized Artist++'97 Custom Red Artist++Line 6 Amps
'99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97 TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '00 TransCherry Classic w/SD's 5lbs3oz; Line 6 Vetta II

Swag revisited

Offline danjazzny

Swag revisited
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 09:37:41 PM »
I was checking out Adrian Belew CDs and came across this. [?]  http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_seeall_24?ie=UTF8&rs=&keywords=Adrian%20belew&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3AAdrian%20belew%2Ci%3Aapparel

Swag revisited

Offline simonlock

Swag revisited
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 10:42:40 PM »
Cool Fly TShirts

Simon
Vancouver,BC
A Whole Mess of Flys and I Love Them ALL!!!!!

Swag revisited

Swag revisited
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 05:28:04 PM »
Hey guys, reviving an old topic to comment and share from the factory tour.  There were some comments about swag from the tour members, and the response from a USM employee went something like, "it's been outsourced."  (I would here invite any USM employees to correct my recollection if I'm wrong.)  I don't know exactly what that means, but my guess is that USM won't be handling swag anymore (perhaps the dealers?  or enterprising Parker devotees like Larry and his "Got Wood" shirts?).

Casey

Gear:
God Bless!
Casey

Gear: Parker Fly Deluxe, Parker PDF60, Way Huge, Digitech / Hardwire, Line 6, Source Audio,T-Rex, and TC Electronic Pedals, Egnater amps, other stuff... God Bless!

Swag revisited

Offline uburoibob

• Bob Martin 11:11
Swag revisited
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 06:14:10 PM »
I BELIEVE it means that it's been given to a professional swag company to manage. Parker still has approval over what the swag company will sell, but all the business will be done through a third party. Parker will probably have a portion of their web site dedicated to flying in the stuff from the swag company's page (if both sites are web 2.0 compliant and if they have some savvy folks doing it).

Bob

2001 Parker Fly Single 2 Silver  â€¢ 1997 Parker Fly Concert Burnt Butterscotch  â€¢  1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail Butterscotch  â€¢  1998 Fly Classic in Transparent Dark Blue  â€¢  1998 Fly Classic in Cherry Red with DiBurro Roland Mod •  http://bobmartin1111.com
1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail Butterscotch -   2000 Fly Standard Classic in Cherry Red - http://bobmartin1111.com

Swag revisited

Swag revisited
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 06:22:50 PM »
Yeah, Bob, that sounds right and is not at variance with what I was saying.  Assuming the scenario you depicted is correct (and I pretty sure it is), I think that's a good thing!  Let Parker concentrate on making the best guitars in the world, and let someone else make T-shirts, I say.

Casey

Gear:
God Bless!
Casey

Swag revisited

Offline laughinglarry

• http://www.myspace.com/larrysmithmusic
Swag revisited
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 08:59:56 PM »
Both Casey and Bob nailed it on the head.

There WILL be SWAG at the Parker Store, but fullfillment will be directly from the SWAG company.

Hopefully they'll expand the selection, but this is arrangement is new and adding new products will surely take some time.  This should be a VERY good thing! [:p][;)]

Larry

2000 Fly Deluxe Single 2, 2000 Fly Stealth, '97 Fly Deluxe (with GK-2A), '07 Steinberger GM-7TA, '04 Steinberger GLB-2S, '89 Strat Plus, '92 Les Paul Custom, Ibanez Silver Series (Strat), Epiphone Dot, '65 Mustang, Yamaha BB3000AF, Peavey Foundation, Hamer Cruisebass
http://www.myspace.com/larrysmithmusic
www.myspace.com/karmagenerator

Swag revisited

Offline guitarmanuk

Swag revisited
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 06:59:46 AM »
Hopefully this will mean that they may ship stuff to the UK.  Parker themselves won't and refer you to a dealer and the dealers don't keep it.  I need a new T-Shirt as mine has shrunk (or perhaps I have grown [:D]) and I would like a polo shirt as well.  

I'll wait and see what happens.

David

1997 Parker Fly Classic transparent Teal Green

www.dancineasy.co.uk my wedding/function band
www.saxandguitar.co.uk my sax and guitar duo
David

1997 Parker Fly Classic transparent Teal Green
1997 Parker Fly Concert Butterscotch

Swag revisited

Swag revisited
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 09:27:20 AM »
Hey Larry, maybe we (the members of this august assembly [:)] ) need to vote on a "Fly of the Year" and put it on a Forum T-shirt and create our own swag.  You did such a great job with the "Got Wood?" shirts, you could probably hook us up with a production house, right? [:D] [;)]

Casey

Gear:
God Bless!
Casey

Swag revisited

Offline laughinglarry

• http://www.myspace.com/larrysmithmusic
Swag revisited
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 09:59:16 AM »
No problem Casey!

My vote right now goes to Winter as "Fly of the Year".  [:D][8D][;)]

It'd be nice if someone really good at graphics designed the shirt though... [:I][:0]

Larry

2000 Fly Deluxe Single 2, 2000 Fly Stealth, '97 Fly Deluxe (with GK-2A), '07 Steinberger GM-7TA, '04 Steinberger GLB-2S, '89 Strat Plus, '92 Les Paul Custom, Ibanez Silver Series (Strat), Epiphone Dot, '65 Mustang, Yamaha BB3000AF, Peavey Foundation, Hamer Cruisebass
http://www.myspace.com/larrysmithmusic
www.myspace.com/karmagenerator