Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Zep reunion  (Read 1190 times)

Offline Yoyo

Zep reunion
« on: September 25, 2007, 10:52:18 PM »
What do you guys think about the Led Zeppelin Reunion. I'm quite excited about it though I'm a little worried in case they don't pull it off. If you look through Youtube the postings of after Zep stuff by Jimmy page he never recaptures the old spark which put him on a par with Keef as a riffmeister and the equal of anybody on lead.
Hopefully he'll have practised his tits off for this one.
Robert Plant was from my home town and was a common sight in the nightclub I used to frequent. I only properly met him once and he made my sides ache he was so funny. Ah those were the days....
The only thing that exists is this moment now.

Zep reunion

Offline Lwinn171

Zep reunion
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 11:36:15 PM »
I've been wondering when this would come up. My take is based upon recent and current experience in trying to recover lost youth by playing with some old college bands I was in. It is interesting that I can still capture the vibe of what we used to do, but I seem to do so through the prism of who I am now, as a guitarist. Less reckless... more polished. And the thing is, the music my old bands played was kinda about recklessness and roughness. About pushing the envelope.

So I wonder what their experience will be. The fingers remember the notes, and a bit of rehearsal improves that greatly. Will they capture the vibe, the feeling and soul of it... remains to be seen. When I saw "The Song Remains The Same" (for the first time in 1989) it changed my whole attitude towards music. I didn't become a huge catalog owning fan, but I SAW THE LIGHT. It is my hope they can recapture that magic. My prediction is they will do well, but I don't think it will outshine their past. That might be too much to ask of them...

Lawrence Winn
2001 Classic,1998 Classic
Boogie MK IV, Behringer ACX-1800, Zoom A2, various effects

Lawrence Winn
2001 Classic, 98 Deluxe
various amps, various toys

Zep reunion

Offline David Tomkins

• Advanced Member
Zep reunion
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 02:20:53 AM »
they have had so many ticket requests they are allocating the tickets on a lottery basis.  but $150 a ticket?  ($300)  thanks, but i'll wait for the DVD

2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!
2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo signed by Steve Vai, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!

Zep reunion

Offline Yoyo

Zep reunion
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 04:06:08 AM »
Here's an amusing link to old time Zep...

http://www.youtube.com/v/W0fqgq6ZMZY
The only thing that exists is this moment now.

Zep reunion

Offline baronthecat

Zep reunion
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 08:14:37 AM »

I saw Jimmy's solo tour in the late 80s... his solo album was good. A few instrumentals, one with synth guitar.

I thought John Paul Jones "Zooma" album was really great.
2005 Parker Fly Classic, transparent cherry.
2006 Parker Fly Custom, majik blue.

You could spend forever picking the right amp for each string.