Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Darkening up the tone of a Parker Fly Deluxe  (Read 1915 times)

Offline Chaoshumor

Darkening up the tone of a Parker Fly Deluxe
« on: March 14, 2005, 04:08:11 PM »
Don't know if anyone else is experiencing this same problem but the Deluxe is just a little too bright. I know that it resonate an octave higher and the wood is naturally brighter... blah blah blah, but I'm wondering if anyone out there has done anything other than the old pick-up swap to counter this. I have a '93 Deluxe Hardtail with the original Air Norton Neck and Tone Zone Bridge. The bridge is almost there, but the neck is still too bright. I've spoken with a former Parker employee that told me that with some minor changes in the electronic would fatten it up a bit. I'm wondering if anyone changed the tone cap or anything? Will that even work? I really want to get rid of that stupid "Master" volume because it gets in the way. But if there's anyone out there who's fiddled around with the guts to darken it up I would love to hear about it. Thanks.
If it's not a Parker... Then it's just a guitar.

Offline 908ssp

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 09:56:04 PM »
I am waiting for some of the new Fly pickups they are supposed to be darker. The tone control works fine on my Fly and a 1/4 turn was really enough most of the time. I have a ribbon failure or I wouldn't be changing pickups. The capacitor for the magnetic pickups are built into the circuit board for the Piezo preamp that makes them near impossible for me to change. Adding a capacitor to limit how bright the sound is would only give you a smaller window for adjusting, it really won't get you any thing more then you have now. I put a small O-ring under my master volume button completely cured the problem of it turning itself down. [:)]

1996 Parker Fly Deluxe
2004 Maven Peal Ganesha
2004 Marshall 4x12 Scumbag
« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 10:00:20 PM by 908ssp »
Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG