Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lenny Breau  (Read 1880 times)

Offline robgrist

• http://thehightideband.com
Lenny Breau
« on: June 23, 2005, 11:09:49 PM »
I'm a big Lenny Breau fan and saw him play a few times before he left the mortal coil. Of news is Randy Bachman's web site. He's gathered all the tapes, outakes etc and is releasing about 8 CDs of Lenny material. I just got Cabin Fever ( from the site) and it's terrific. It's pretty freeform with lots of talking. He starts a piece, readjusts his focus and ends up somewhere completely different. Awesome to listen and see where he takes stuff.

Check it out.

Lenny Breau

Offline TheGuitarGuy

• http://www.audiostreet.net/austinmacnutt
Lenny Breau
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 11:33:16 AM »
Finally another Lenny Breau fan, he is so amazing. I have heard a bit of the Cabin Fever album, but not all of it, but from what I heard I was hooked and I am going to pick the album up soon.

Proud owner of a Quilted Bubinga PM-20
My Music

"Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." -- Jim Morrison

Lenny Breau

Offline Rozz

• http://www.myspace.com/slicknickelbandyuamaz
Lenny Breau
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 07:09:21 PM »
I was fortunate to see Lenny at G.I.T. in Hollywood.  He was playing for about 20 of us in one of G.I.T.s concert halls.  I knew Chet Atkins loved the guy, so it was my chance to check him out.  It changed my life and my playing forever.  Lenny died two days later.  I couldn't believe it.  He trully was one of the best finger pickers in the world.  If I remember right the LA police said he was most likely murdered over a herion deal gone bad.  I think they found him in a motel swimming pool or something like that.  Ofcourse that was just the rumors passing around the school.

Jerry Rosner
Yuma, Arizona Mad Man
Jerry Rosner
Original Yuma, Arizona Mad Man
Emerald Green Fly Classic
P-36
Gibson Chet Atkins Nylon
Line Six Vetta II
Genz Benz Shannandoah Acoustic Amp.  4X10

Lenny Breau

Offline lisabu

Lenny Breau
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 02:45:18 PM »
I am originally from Auburn Maine.  My father was a jazz musician, and was, at one time, friends with Lenny Breau.  He used to come to our house and my father, and his friends used to jam.

Of course, I had no idea back in the 70's how lucky I was.  If only I knew then what I know now!!!

Too bad we can't go back in time.

Lenny Breau

Offline Paul Marossy

• Excuse me while I kiss The Fly
Lenny Breau
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 03:28:02 PM »
I learned one technique of Lenny's from Guitar Player, it's that thing where you get this heavenly sounding pinched harmonic thing 12 frets above where your fretted note is. I really should check out more of his stuff.

__/\\/\\__PJM__/\\/\\__
www.DIYguitarist.com