Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Marty Friedman  (Read 1999 times)

Offline loumt123

Marty Friedman
« on: June 29, 2005, 04:11:13 PM »
Really intelligent guy...neat style..threw down some great stuff with megadeth

Marty Friedman

Offline David Tomkins

• Advanced Member
Marty Friedman
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 09:45:01 AM »
his solo stuff is great.  if you have never heard his "Scenes" album you need to track down a copy.  no shredding at all, just cool melody all the way through.  that's right folks, melody!! the type you will be humming for weeks.  top album.
plusthe solo in symphony of destruction is one of the best ever. ever ever ever.
2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo signed by Steve Vai, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!

Marty Friedman

Offline loumt123

Marty Friedman
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 04:55:57 PM »
Yes he's not just a shred guitarist. He really thinks about what will work well over a chord rather then simply mastering a key...his approach is impressive

Marty Friedman

Offline Entropian

Marty Friedman
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 07:59:02 AM »
The coolest thing about Marty is his phrasing - even when he is shredding.   His approach to bending and use of outside notes is amazing and at times downright bizarre but so cool.  As for "Scenes," I think it was the first instrumental album I ever bought that I listened to more than 3 times.  It's stuff you can remember for years after you listen to it a couple of times.  Thanks for bringing up Marty and "Scenes."   Now, where did I put my copy...

Marty Friedman

Offline David Tomkins

• Advanced Member
Marty Friedman
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 02:05:22 AM »
you probably put it next to the classical and chillout albums on the third shelf in the spare room.......

his exotic scales video is amusing too - that's where i first saw him talking about 'outside' playing.  big hair, too.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 02:06:19 AM by David Tomkins »
2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo signed by Steve Vai, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!