Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Best live vocal modeler - multi effects pedal ?  (Read 2149 times)

Offline 5282jt

Best live vocal modeler - multi effects pedal ?
« on: January 09, 2008, 09:23:44 PM »
I'm looking for a good voice modeler and a good "fast response" multi guitar effect pedal [processor] for live gigs.
What would you suggest?
Thanks
Chuck n'Florida

Offline laughinglarry

• http://www.myspace.com/larrysmithmusic
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 11:40:08 PM »
I don't really know what a "vocal modeler" is, but if you're looking for the best vocal processor I think it's the DigiTech Vocalist Live 4.

I had bought the TC Electronics Vocalist Live ($800 stomp box [:0][B)]) for my wife, and it was VERY unfriendly.  It didn't really sound good either.  After it took a dump (wouldn't come out of EDIT mode), I replaced it with the DigiTech piece.

My wife is a technophobe.  I've only given her 3 programs to work with.  The first has light reverb, the second heavier 'verb, the third adds delay to the heavy reverb.  

So there's a button to turn on or off the reverb/ delay.  On any of the programs, she can hit the second button and add a 3rd above harmony.  To go down a program is button 3, and to go up is button 4.  Simple. [8D]

There's no key or scale programming - it tracks the guitar parts.  The thing sounds AWESOME.  And most importantly, she's stomping on it with abandon. [;)]

I edited the program names so she knows what's what.  And I haven't opened the manual yet.  [:0][:p][:D]

Oh yeah, the thing is $499.  Not cheap, but worth every penney!

Here's the review from MF: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document/digitech/vocalist_live_vl4_vl2?doc_id=102537&src=3NL8A3&Drums

Cheers,

Larry

2000 Fly Single 2  (Arriving 1/10/08! - thanks Alex and Esau!), '97 Fly Deluxe (with GK-2A), '07 Steinberger GM-7TA, '04 Steinberger GLB-2S, '89 Strat Plus, '92 Les Paul Custom, '99 Ibanez JS-1000, Ibanez Silver Series (Strat), Epiphone Dot, '65 Mustang, Hohner G3T, Yamaha BB3000AF, Peavey Foundation, Hamer Cruisebass
http://www.myspace.com/larrysmithmusic
www.myspace.com/karmagenerator

Offline jamrcat

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 12:36:57 AM »
I use a TC Helicon Voice Prism. I love it, started with a digitech vocalist. No comparison! I can't imagine being without it. It has become a discontinued model and I'm not sure what they have replaced it with, but it is a great vocal tool! [:)]

98' Fly Artist w/RMC (Thanks Dayn!)
93' Parker Fly Deluxe hardtail RP "Blackie" KP Signature (Thank You! Bob & Ken)
2FlyBob (Thanks Paul!)

jamrcat
Butte, Montana
"A Fly for each hand!"

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 06:18:09 AM »
wow. thats like cheatin.[:D]

And probably just what I need[:I]

Cute sayings and a few Flys
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 06:18:28 AM by Bill »
A few Flys in my soup

Offline mountaindewaddict

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 01:48:27 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by 5282jt

I'm looking for a good voice modeler and a good "fast response" multi guitar effect pedal [processor] for live gigs.
What would you suggest?
Thanks

Chuck n'Florida

Hey Chuck, I don't know about the vocal side of things (though Larry's comments about the Digitech are probably right on), but I have worked a lot with the Digitech GNX4, and I love it.  Its response time is very quick, and there's feature called "bounce back" where you can switch back and forth between two patches that are not even close to each other in the order.  There are so many more cool features that would take too long to list, send me an email (it's in my profile) if you want more info, or just go here:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-GNX4-Guitar-Workstation-?sku=150848

Good Luck!

MountainDewAddict (Casey)

Gear:
Parker P-44, Takamine G-Series,  Digitech GNX4, Korg AX3A, Crate Powerblock 150, Various other assorted pedals and gizmos

"Remember, if at first you don't succeed, you're doing it wrong."

God Bless!
Casey

Gear: Parker Fly Deluxe, Parker PDF60, Way Huge, Digitech / Hardwire, Line 6, Source Audio,T-Rex, and TC Electronic Pedals, Egnater amps, other stuff... God Bless!