Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Heads up  (Read 6700 times)

Offline TREVORT

• http://www.soundclick.com/trevorthompson
Heads up
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 09:58:35 PM »
I Washhhhh my hands of this!!!!!!!
It burnssss my asss![}:)]

"T"

2001 Parker Single 2 Heather GreyWith custom wound pup's from Novak.
2007 Parker Nightfly Mojo w/PRS pup's
Mesa lonestar Traynor 50Blue
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 09:58:54 PM by TREVORT »

Heads up

Offline simonlock

Heads up
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2008, 10:46:21 PM »
So true Alex. Im hoping it works out well for them as well.

Heads up

Offline mountaindewaddict

Heads up
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2008, 10:14:01 AM »
Guys, it seems to me that the ulitmate irony of this might be that Washburn won't sell many of these, but people who've never checked out Parker guitars will be interested by the fretboards on these, play a Parker, and buy one instead of the Washburn!  In post-graduate education, the professors are always pushing students to go the primary sources (in my case, that means reading Josephus and Herodotus in the original Greek).  So, if I hadn't already discovered Parker, in hearing about these, I would think, "Well, if Parker invented this kind of fretboard, maybe I should check out that guitar?"  Perhaps I'm not alone.[?]

MountainDewAddict (Casey)

Gear:
Parker P-44, Takamine G-Series,  Digitech GNX4, Korg AX3A, Crate Powerblock 150, Various other assorted pedals and gizmos

"Remember, if at first you don't succeed, you're doing it wrong."

God Bless!
Casey

Gear: Parker Fly Deluxe, Parker PDF60, Way Huge, Digitech / Hardwire, Line 6, Source Audio,T-Rex, and TC Electronic Pedals, Egnater amps, other stuff... God Bless!

Heads up

Offline Lwinn171

Heads up
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2008, 02:31:01 PM »
Good point, Casey. The neck is my favorite aspect of the Fly's design. It's truly the business end of any guitar, and maybe, as you suggest, this will bring some folks over to Parker. When they outgrow the body styles on those Washburns, that is.

Lawrence Winn
2001 Classic,1998 Classic
Boogie MK IV, Behringer ACX-1800, Zoom A2, various effects

Lawrence Winn
2001 Classic, 98 Deluxe
various amps, various toys

Heads up

Offline bno

Heads up
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2008, 04:40:28 PM »
Dang!  Now that I've gouged my eyes out, I can't find the phone so I can dial 911.  Good thing I'm a touch typist.  I think I'm bleeding on the keys which is making it a bit rough to type.  Good think I've made so many posts here and I can do this blind.  Could someone please call me and tell me the best way to take a pair of scissors out of my eye?  Once the phone rings, I should be able to find it.  

'94 Fly Deluxe
Listen first, then play.

Heads up

Offline doombilly

• http://illicitizen.com
Heads up
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2008, 07:57:49 AM »

Heads up

Offline 21st Century Schizoid Man

Heads up
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2008, 03:36:51 PM »
FWIW I always thought that a potential business model for Parker would be to license or supply fret boards to other guitar makers in the same way that Floyd Rose supply trem bridges.

Heads up

Offline David Tomkins

• Advanced Member
Heads up
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2008, 10:29:42 AM »
i think they look fine.  no, really.
never been much of an upturned headstock kind of guy but they look tidy.  I think using the composite neck is a bit like the playground bully stealing the little rich kid's lunch money.  Hands off!!!  it's ours!  Our precciioouuussssssssss...!!!

2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!
2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo signed by Steve Vai, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!