Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Passive electronics  (Read 1966 times)

Offline bostjan

• http://hometown.aol.com/__121b_L3tSnijvtzp0yjselCuPrmUti1/crMEW
Passive electronics
« on: March 17, 2005, 09:05:39 PM »
i love the active electronics in my fly, except that the battery tends to go dead very unexpectedly.  when my battery goes dead in the middle of a set, i get no sound whatsoever.  i've searched the forum and the site but i found nothing about this.  is there a way i can modify my fly so that it will work passively in a pinch so i can at least finish the song?  i know i need to just use fresh batteries at each show, but i just wondered if there was some simple solution to this, as my other active guitars will still work without a hot battery (even though they don't sound as good).  It's a 1998 fly deluxe i believe.  do the newer models have the same set-up?

thanks

Passive electronics

Offline LiquidAmber

Passive electronics
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 11:55:36 AM »
I believe I have the same year deluxe as you do, and I've never had the battery suddenly go dead on me.  Does yours have the little red warning light on the back?  When my battery is low, and the guitar is plugged in, a little red light on the back electronics cover will light up telling me it's time to change the battery.  It's very conservative and I usually have at least a couple hours of playing before the battery goes completely dead on me.  I'm not into electronics at all, so I'm not even going to try to address your "passive on-the-fly" (ooh what a crafty pun :) ) question.  I think you did answer it yourself though, play with fresh batteries! ;)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 11:56:15 AM by LiquidAmber »

Passive electronics

Offline bostjan

• http://hometown.aol.com/__121b_L3tSnijvtzp0yjselCuPrmUti1/crMEW
Passive electronics
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 06:37:14 PM »
yeah fresh batteries are always a must.  actually, the only time i ever saw my battery indicator light up was when i plug in or unplug the cord (except after the battery died).  there are quite a few parker dealers around here and they all told me the same thing, 'bring spare batteries.'  i think i might as well save up for a new one with an easy-access battery compartment.  exactly how easy is the access?  where did they put the tremolo tension adjustment on the new fly?  is there a url where i can see a close-up photograph of the back or the bottom of the guitar?

thanks