Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Parker P10e  (Read 9171 times)

Offline OrganisedConfusion

Parker P10e
« on: March 06, 2008, 08:12:43 AM »
Hey guys I'm new to the forums but have been an avid Parker guitar fan for about 6 years now :) I own a Parker Nitefly M, Caparison TAT2 and a Gibson SG Special as well as my newest addition my acoustic Parker P10e and I am totally blown away by everything about it. I liked the P8e but it didn't have that Parker charm to me and wasn't much different from other acoustics on the market but the P10e is incredible and so well crafted with a great choice of materials and the sound is better than many other acoustics in the same bracket. Who else has tried a P10e and loved the guitar?

Parker P10e

Offline ZemanG2

Parker P10e
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 01:48:53 AM »
Mine should be getting to me by next week I will let you know. Question though how do you like the fretboard? I actually took a week to choose between the p9e and the p10e, and since I live in Japan I have to do it all research until I buy it.
I have guitars, most are beyond my playing level, but I love them all!

Parker P10e

Offline Brendan

Parker P10e
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 07:39:20 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by ZemanG2

Mine should be getting to me by next week I will let you know. Question though how do you like the fretboard? I actually took a week to choose between the p9e and the p10e, and since I live in Japan I have to do it all research until I buy it.

Parker P10e

Offline Brendan

Parker P10e
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 07:42:58 AM »
Hi Guys,
I live in Australia and I am wanting to buy a p10e. I saw the question regarding the fretboard and I wondered about that myself. Does it wear or become dirty? and how is it compared with timber? This model isnt sold in Australia so I will be buying it from the US without having played it so it would be good to hear some feedback. Many Thanks

Parker P10e

Offline loumt123

Parker P10e
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 02:49:15 PM »
Post some sound clips of the instrument. I've played a P8e and wasn't impressed, but I've never heard a P10.

Parker P10e

Offline ZemanG2

Parker P10e
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 10:45:37 AM »
Sorry this post is so late. Got my p10e and fell in love with it, mainly for the fret board. It looks plastic, and feels a little odd and the first thing that comes to mind is, "I spent how much?" But it is sweet, the fret board gives it a slik and easy to play feel. I put a set of Thomas stik flat tops on it and it was a great sound.

My complaints are with the out puts, having a terrible buzz when I play with a XLR and a 1/4".  And the controls need some sort of marking on them for easy reference. And lastly just not a fan of the bridge, I think a rosewood would look and maybe sound better. Also I sit on the floor and play with my kids and the body just digs into my leg, the edges are pretty sharp ask my little girl she met a corner with her head.  

As far as the care of the fret board, easy... keep your grubby mitts clean wipe it down with each string change, you should be golden.

The zero fret is nice, I can keep my action nice and low as well.

You are going to get a wonderful sound unplugged, nice and bright, yet full bodied. Plugged in you will be amazed.

Hope that helped.

Parker P10e

Offline ZemanG2

Parker P10e
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 05:43:15 AM »
Just to share this is something new with my p10e over the past month the spruce top has started getting darker, it is now the colour of a cedar top, which looks bad against the bridge and binding, the biggest eye sore s when you look at the sides and can see the top it looks like white and brown. I am guessing it is the wood aging or something. regardless still does not look to good, something to keep in mind. As much as I love mine I would have gone for the p7eqs if I had known the colour was going to change so drastically.

Parker P10e

Offline Tbassrocker

• http://www.g2gband.com
Parker P10e
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 03:32:45 PM »
I picked up a Gloss Black P10E last year and have treasured it ever since.  I've only seen 1 other like it.
I recently went to the local Guitar Center to look for a secondary Acoustic/Electric as a backup or for alternate tunings to the P10E.  I was very surprised to pick up $4,000+ guitars and not get the same sound quality and ease of play as is apparent with my Parker.  The P10E has such a balanced tone.  I will buy a second one as a backup for sure.  Perhaps the P6 thin line model.

I can think of one acoustic I've played that compares to the P10.  A Custom Built Bourgeois up in New Brunswick ($4,500).  It was such a huge step above the High End Taylors and Martins.  It was staggering.  Bourgeois actually makes a guitar with the same materials as the P10E (Ivoroid Fret Board and Bridge, Tuners, Curly Birdseye Maple...) and they ask $10,000 CAN for it.

I LOVE THE FRETBOARD!!!  It is like silk to play and looks so different than any other guitar.  Still looks like the day I bought it, after a year of play.

When performing, there is always someone that comes up and comments that its the prettiest sounding acoustic guitar they've ever heard.  I often run the 1/4" and XLR through different amps (one clean and one with effects) to produce the prettiest tones you've ever heard.  Every pro player I've let touch it has been blown away.  I am glad I got the Black finish.  It is a great contrast to the Ivoroid FB & Bridge and the Tortoise Shell binding outlines it nicely.

I recommend that if you have the opportunity to buy a P10E, DO IT!!!
TRocker

Parker P10e

Offline klarrison

Parker P10e
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 11:55:33 AM »
just purchased P10EB off eBay, any body know where I can get a manual?  i.e. - which knob does what?
thx!

Parker P10e

Offline badmotorfinger74

Parker P10e
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 11:23:42 AM »
I don't think there were any manuals.  Check out Derek Usher's videos on YouTube for some info.  The videos are about the P8E, but the controls should all be the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOCqVyeOvNQ

I owned a P8EB for a couple of days that I also purchased off of ebay, but I sent it back because it had a crack in the neck.  I still haven't been able to find another one since December.