Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2 Southern Nitefly Songs  (Read 3497 times)

Offline mountjoy

2 Southern Nitefly Songs
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 07:08:45 AM »
Really good songs - great voice, great dynamics, great chords and, of course, great guitar parts.

I really like the gnarly synth sound in She's the One (what is it, by the way?) - though it seems to glitch very slightly just before the guitar solo.

2 Southern Nitefly Songs

Offline Nemomusic

• http://www.nemomusic.org
2 Southern Nitefly Songs
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2008, 03:38:34 PM »
Thanks a lot! I don`t know if you mean the organ or the bass sound but the organ is a Farfisa (The real classic one - not emulated) and the sound that`s doubling the bass line throughout the song is the bass-track through the FreqBox moogerfooger which basically is an oscillator that can be synced to the pitch of the audio input. As expected the tracking isn`t perfect so it "jumps" now and then. The main voice of the Spiral melody is a guitar through the same unit. A nice but very extreme piece of gear...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 03:41:34 PM by Nemomusic »

2 Southern Nitefly Songs

Offline mountjoy

2 Southern Nitefly Songs
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2008, 04:01:15 AM »
I was thinking of the Farfisa, which is an organ I have never heard before - it sounds great: almost like a bright accordian in places. The Moogerfooger bass part is excellent - the swirling bass line below the crisp rhythm parts works really well.