Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The sweetheart and her cousins  (Read 3419 times)

Offline astroturf52

The sweetheart and her cousins
« on: February 21, 2007, 11:46:21 PM »
Here is my new (Rickey's old) 2006 Parker P-36 together with some of her ugly step 3rd cousin-in-laws.

turf
2005 Parker P36 in transparent red (modified)

Offline captain_rusty

• http://www.s3cretcode.com
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 02:17:15 AM »
"Any color you like so long as it's red..." [:D]

David

2001 Fly Classic -> Ibanez WD7 wah -> Death Rattle -> Red Bear MK60 -> 1x12 Fane cabinets
Fly clip: http://rustyzone.free.fr/rusty_meltdown_44.mp3
David

2001 Fly Classic -> Digitech GSP1101 -> PA.
Band web page: www.s3cretcode.com

Offline uburoibob

• Bob Martin 11:11
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 07:35:39 AM »
Turf,
Your posts have everyone seeing red! (OK, I couldn't resist...).

That's one beautiful family you have! You really must check out Bugs Henderson's "Daredevils of the Red Guitar" CD.

Bob

1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail  â€¢ 1998 Fly Classic in Transparent Dark Blue (thanks, Darren!) •  1998 Fly Classic in Cherry Red with DiBurro Roland Mod • Now on a signature reduction program! Just the Flies, maam. •  www.rtmadvertising.com
1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail Butterscotch -   2000 Fly Standard Classic in Cherry Red - http://bobmartin1111.com

Offline jamrcat

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 09:07:33 AM »
Turf, I must admit seeing her again is a little emotional. She is the reason I rediscovered my passion for playing guitar! Now I look at my Fly Classic and I can't help think she is a little lonely! [:(] I'm going to change that soon! [:p] Looks like a very happy family you have there! [:D]

01' Parker Fly Classic w/SD Black Backs
Korg AX1500G, D-Tar Mama Bear

jamrcat
Butte, Montana
"A Fly for each hand!"

Offline astroturf52

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 12:38:05 PM »
David.....now and then you HAVE to fraternize with the "un-reds."[V][:(!][V][:(!]

turf
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 12:40:28 PM by astroturf52 »

Offline Yoyo

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 05:15:44 PM »
Nice guitars man, when can I come round.
I've got a nice collection[12], but so far I've been too thick to learn how to post them.
I like the scratchplate on your P36 and what's the white [and red] one at the back?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 05:18:24 PM by Yoyo »
The only thing that exists is this moment now.

Offline astroturf52

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 07:53:17 PM »
Yoyo, the pickguard on the P-36 was made by a luthier in Bellingham, WA. jamrcat owned this guitar until very recently and he had it custom made. I discovered the guy still has some of the material left over so I bought it and it should arrive soon. I'm going to try to make a matching piece for the headstock and the small cover on the back. Check out the headstock on a Regal tricone I bought yesterday.

I had the idea to do it before I bought this one but ya gotta love that mother of counter top on the headstock!!

The guitar in the back on the right is a 2006 First Act VW GarageMaster built just for Volkswagen. They only built 1234 of them in all white with 4 choices of attachment color (white, black, blue, red.) These were given away with new Volkswagens sold in November last year as a promotional item. There are tons of them up on ebay and there is a lot of info available online about them with a little searching. They are just cheapies but cool as a Volkswagen collectibles if nothing else. They are built in China with poplar bodies and basswood necks (very parkerish) and have an active output circuit and special cord so they can be played through a special jack on your new Volkswagen. They also come with a strap made of Volkswagen seat belt.

Check out:http://www.vdubsrock.com/

Buy one cheap on ebay. Most of the people that got them with their car didn't even want them and are selling them.

turf

Offline Yoyo

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 05:47:49 PM »
Thanks for the info, that Regal headstock wow....it doesn't get much better than that. I think the Vdub guitar looks great, but I've promised myself not to buy anymore guitars [but on the other hand]. I like the Django and the Gibson[?] too, in fact I like them all. I have quite an advanced case of Guitaritis. Hopefully I'll be able to show mine soon now the magic formula has been revealed.
The only thing that exists is this moment now.