Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: FINISHES GUIDE  (Read 46226 times)

Offline portnoy

• http://www.facebook.com/pages/Huntingdon-United-Kingdom/MusicStreetUK/193947947906?ref=ts
FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2008, 05:55:58 PM »
thanks for the guide marco, a job well done. all we need now is for JW to sticky it

00' Nitefly M - natural
07' ice blue burst deluxe
Funds started for Soldano SLO100

http://improvisingguitarists.ning.com/profile/Kavanprice

FINISHES GUIDE

Offline number 2

FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2008, 12:09:12 AM »
Yes it is my guitar. It was finished at the factory but then the back of the neck was rubbed with micro mesh. Its just a satin feel on the back of the neck. i could take another picture if youd like.

It is only clear gloss, no dyes or any kind.
Parker Fly Mojo Flame in Blue Burst and Koa Custom Shop Fly Mojo
Breedlove Custom Shop Grand Concert size / D'angelico 17 inch Excel /
Alembic Custom 7 String Thing / Original PRS CE24
Two Rock Artist 100 watt Head and matching cab
Acoustic Image Focus II R Head
Suhr Straight Front 4x12 with scumbacks and eminence TR12-65s

FINISHES GUIDE

Offline Strandwolf

• http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577969013
FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2008, 12:30:11 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by jwrooker

Wow!  Really well done!  Thank you for the time this must have taken.  This will be a valuable resource to buyers.

Agreed!
+ a resource as well for dreamers, thieves, and/or collectors (a select circle)
Parkers: Pick, cap, T-shirt, clock, and other assorted accouterments

FINISHES GUIDE

Offline Nigel Tufnel

FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2008, 01:34:24 PM »
Um... I think the Artist that's labeled as "black cherry burst" is actually trans cherry burst. That's what it says on my hang tag, anyway...

www.myspace.com/guitarosaur

Owner/Operator:
Fly Artist Trans Cherry Burst, PM20 Trans Black Flame, PM20 Pro, Nitefly SA, Nitefly M, P-42, "New" '65 Galanti Grand Prix
***Coming soon: Custom Mahi-Mahi Burst Quilted Ash Deluxe!***
"Never, EVER buy weed from Lando Calrissian."

Artist Trans Cherry Burst, Blue Gator P-38, Carvin 12-String Quilt, and a whole bunch of Kiesel customs, in hopes that Parker someday gets their $#!T together again.

FINISHES GUIDE

Offline Marco76

FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2008, 01:55:21 PM »
I'm always interested in making corrections to the Guide. Let me ask a few questions. Are you telling us that one of those images is a photo of your specific guitar? The pre-refined or the refined?  Is the hang tag a vendor item? (I believe that the refined is a Mojo Flame. Can't explain the S-D pups on the pre-refined, but I am no Fly historian.)

Why I am double-checking: Your ad. mem. status makes me hesitate to question your statements, but identifying the transparent burst finishes is particularly tricky, and, as far as I know, I have never run across a color known "officially" as "Trans Cherry Burst." There is a Cherry Sunburst (CSB, depicted), and I could imagine that the pre-refined example might be a CSB. But I believe that particular guitar belongs to another of our correspondents here who specifically identified it as a BCB, or was that you?  It is not uncommon for vendors to be mistaken about the color names of their inventory, and I have not found that Parkers are shipped with any manufacturer documentation of the color or the color code. Was that info included with pre-USM instruments? Otherwise, I do not know what to make of the hang tag.
Marco

FINISHES GUIDE

Offline driccard

FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2008, 07:12:20 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by number 2

Yes it is my guitar. It was finished at the factory but then the back of the neck was rubbed with micro mesh. Its just a satin feel on the back of the neck. i could take another picture if youd like.

It is only clear gloss, no dyes or any kind.

Parker Fly Mojo Flame in Blue Burst and Koa Custom Shop Fly Mojo
Breedlove Custom Shop Grand Concert size / D'angelico 17 inch Excel /
Alembic Custom 7 String Thing / Original PRS CE24
Two Rock Artist 100 watt Head and matching cab
Acoustic Image Focus II R Head
Suhr Straight Front 4x12 with scumbacks and eminence TR12-65s

FINISHES GUIDE

Offline Nigel Tufnel

FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2008, 10:59:34 PM »
One other correction:
My Trans Cherry Burst Artist is listed as "Black Cherry Burst."
Good news is that takes care of a missing finish!
Cheers,
Nigel

www.myspace.com/guitarosaur

Owner/Operator:
Fly Artist Trans Cherry Burst, PM20 Trans Black Flame, PM20 Pro, Nitefly SA, Nitefly M, P-42, "New" '65 Galanti Grand Prix
***Coming soon: Custom Mahi-Mahi Burst Quilted Ash Deluxe!***
"Never, EVER buy weed from Lando Calrissian."

Artist Trans Cherry Burst, Blue Gator P-38, Carvin 12-String Quilt, and a whole bunch of Kiesel customs, in hopes that Parker someday gets their $#!T together again.

FINISHES GUIDE

Offline Marco76

FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2008, 09:24:56 AM »
I've added that one now. Didn't know what to label it. Suggestion?
Marco

FINISHES GUIDE

Offline Marco76

FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2008, 12:25:42 PM »
Thanks. Check it out (remember to reload the page so your cookie gets refreshed). My consistent practice has been to identify finishes, not models. On some examples, especially the transparent finishes, the wood is also stated. So that's how I have cataloged this one.
Marco

FINISHES GUIDE

Offline kpugatch

FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2008, 09:33:46 PM »
Trans-cherry maple
James
01 Maple Classic - Cherry
08 Mojo - Ice Burst

FINISHES GUIDE

Offline ausbun

FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2009, 11:03:04 PM »
I have seen a P-38 in a transparent color I believe was called caramel. It's a reddish-brown color, more brown than red.
I found an example of it when I Googled "Parker P-38 guitar" on an images search.

BTW: This is a wonderful resource for anyone interested in buying a Parker. Thanks!

FINISHES GUIDE

Offline Strandwolf

FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2009, 12:03:28 AM »
Marco and all:

How about "we" individually document the Koas, the Snakeskins, and the Summer and Fall Mojos, which are all limited and numbered--since each is at least somewhat distinctive?

If we had pics of, say, 10 koas lined up we could admire the different patterns and start squabbling over them. Same with the Summer and Fall Season Mojos. Yeah! Let's do it, right here! Or in a separate section of its very own! How cool!

Then as they came up for resale on eBay every once in awhile we could moan about shoulda coulda woulda on Autumn #5...but if #17 ever turns up again, the sky is the limit. Or maybe people ain't into it that much.

Go ahead, Marcos: do as I tell you.   Hey, just funnin'[}:)]

Hope I didn't just nominate myself. And if someone has already proposed this idea, I apologize for stealing your thunder.

FINISHES GUIDE

Offline Marco76

FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2009, 12:28:26 PM »
I like the idea. For any of these limited production runs with unique woodgrains, etc., we could catalog them by series number and serial number. Also do the Quilt Maples and any one-offs or Private Reserve instruments with unique materials/appearances. Maybe move the checkerboard and such from the Finishes Guide to this new one.

The Finishes Guide is already a little unwieldy (300+ lines of message code), and anyway, I think that this project deserves its own post-it status ("COLLECTIBLES GUIDE"?).

As for finding someone to compile this valuable archive, I can only say that, if nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve. [:P]
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 12:29:14 PM by Marco76 »
Marco

FINISHES GUIDE

Offline Strandwolf

FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2009, 01:19:09 PM »
There's a bunch of these things up on eBay right now, so they should at least be documented on someone's hard drive for posterity.

Unfortunately many have come and gone already, and who knows when and if they'll resurface on the nets. Some of the dealers keep their sold merch online, at least for a while.

Hell, let's just start it as a group effort. It's not gonna necessarily grow as large as this topic did. Or, if so, it can be split into subtopics. I don't like your proposed title very much, though. [:(!]
[;)]

It'll be fun: "Hey, you'll never guess what I stumbled across on Houston Craig's List! Missing number so and so!" Good, clean fun, that's what we're all looking for, truth be told. [^]

FINISHES GUIDE

Offline FastAssTT

FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2009, 08:33:11 PM »
WOW
Leather AND Plexi     HOTTTT