Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: FINISHES GUIDE  (Read 40367 times)

Offline mattyn

• Cascade Guitar Lab, Seattle WA
    • http://cascadeguitars.com
FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 10:36:29 AM »

cherry burst (maple)

tobacco burst (spruce)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 10:40:13 AM by mattyn »

FINISHES GUIDE

Offline cgarlie

FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 11:58:01 AM »
Still not seeing that MPSB Metallic Purple Sunburst -- anyone got a photo of that?

Charlie

Parker Deluxe w/ RMC
Gibson '83 Lucille
SRV Custom Strat
"Claptonized" 60th Anniversary Strat
PRS SAS
(Original) Dan Armstrong "See-through"
Burns Shadows Custom
PRS SC245 Twentieth Anniversary 
Gibson '83 Lucille
Gibson Digital Les Paul (HD-6X)
SRV Custom Strat
"Claptonized" 60th Anniversary Strat
PRS SAS
(Original) Dan Armstrong "See-through"
Variax II

FINISHES GUIDE

Offline kwcabs

• http://www.kwcabs.com
FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 01:45:44 PM »
Hey Don't forget too, there was a see through green on Tulipwood (errrr) and a natural butternut as well.  And I could be imagining this but I thought I remember hearing about a reverse ice blue burst???  I think there have been a couple of purple bursts also.

Owner of KWCABS guitar speaker cabinets.  We specialize in making simply the best speaker cabinets out there, constructed out of top-quality hardwoods, standard lines as well as custom work.  WWW.KWCABS.COM

Check out my Parker Supreme here www.kwcabs.com/parker%20page.htm

Kurt Wyberanec
Owner of KWCABS guitar speaker cabinets.  We specialize in making simply the best speaker cabinets out there, constructed out of top-quality hardwoods, standard lines as well as custom work.  WWW.KWCABS.COM

FINISHES GUIDE

Offline kwcabs

• http://www.kwcabs.com
FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 01:47:03 PM »
Ahhh, and how could I forget there is of course the natural bubinga on the pm's and they also made some limted finishes including a zebrawood pm pro.

Kurt Wyberanec

FINISHES GUIDE

Offline laughinglarry

• http://www.myspace.com/larrysmithmusic
FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 09:44:18 PM »
Hey Bucky,

As a Miami Dolphan, I just LOVE that Teal!  [:p][:D][;)]

Welcome to the forum!

Larry

2000 Fly Deluxe Single 2, 2000 Fly Stealth, '97 Fly Deluxe (with GK-2A), '07 Steinberger GM-7TA, '04 Steinberger GLB-2S, '89 Strat Plus, '92 Les Paul Custom, Ibanez Silver Series (Strat), Epiphone Dot, '65 Mustang, Yamaha BB3000AF, Peavey Foundation, Hamer Cruisebass
http://www.myspace.com/larrysmithmusic
www.myspace.com/karmagenerator

FINISHES GUIDE

Offline jamrcat

FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2008, 01:35:03 PM »
Wonderful color for a Fly Bucky! [:D]

"A Fly for each hand!"
"A Fly for each hand!"

FINISHES GUIDE

Offline Marco76

FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2008, 03:36:53 PM »
Got yer Teals in there now.

The listing is now updated with info from JW's list.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 02:16:49 PM by Marco76 »
Marco

FINISHES GUIDE

Offline Marco76

FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2008, 12:57:12 PM »
Carmi, look at the 3rd item in the "Show Us" section of the board.

Bucky, thanks. I've incorporated the photos. Regarding Gold and Antique Gold, I also do not see a difference that could not be accounted for by the variations in lighting and color balance of the photographs. (Similarly, there are some photos that are undoubtedly the same finish but that look quite different. For those cases, I have often included two or more photos because these variations help give a better idea of the true color. See Italian Plum for a radical example.)

So... my procedure favors getting a sample up with a label and making corrections later. When someone posts a photo and gives a description, I am seldom in a position to second guess the info. For example, I have taken at face value the description "Purple Sunburst" - a non-metallic finish - though I cannot tell from the photo whether the finish is metallic or not. The photo variables are one reason, my own limited knowledge is another. And, in the case of people submitting photos of their own instruments, they tend to know what their own guitars are, if they have enough interest to be posting here anyway.

Sometimes the provided description does give me reason to question its correctness. Sometimes the description that I am given and use on the posting comes under question by one of you. In these cases, I will probably use a "?" in the description until I see a definitive post or a consensus. This does not mean that I feel disdain for whomever has provided the description or raised the doubt. It is a matter of preferring to have something included while sparing myself a series of re-editings of an unsettled debate.

The moral  of the story is to be encouraged to share knowledge and opinions, but please do so in a genial manner. (Not that anyone has not done so - it just tends to happen in chat board circumstances.)

Also, I am not trying to assemble an album of all of our instruments. I am picking and choosing for the one-to-three images that seem to best depict the different finishes. In some cases a single image is perfectly sufficient, such as the ones for the Four Seasons series. I am not particularly looking to include unusual hardware, woods, or historical interest except as they bear on the various finishes produced by Parker. Other threads will be more rewarding for pursuing those interests. I know that the first of us to get one of the Four Seasons is going to be sharing photos, and we are going to be dying to see them, but they probably will not show up in this thread.

So... Please do submit any photos of missing finishes and better photos of depicted finishes, but please do not be put out if your baby does not become a finish example.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 02:26:17 PM by Marco76 »
Marco

FINISHES GUIDE

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2008, 02:50:59 PM »
Sorry ...I have reposted the Peachy Fly pics under their own seperate thread.

I will delete this post soon too.

Keep up the good work Marko !
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 11:10:45 PM by Bill »
A few Flys in my soup

FINISHES GUIDE

Offline Marco76

FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2008, 01:54:32 PM »
Just Watching has just forwarded to me some new info and a bunch of new photos. Check them out.
Marco

FINISHES GUIDE

Offline Marco76

FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2008, 07:51:04 PM »
Not a problem at all. Except that such a great-looking guitar deserves its own thread.
Marco

FINISHES GUIDE

Offline rld25

FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2008, 04:29:14 AM »
Lane

FINISHES GUIDE

Offline number 2

FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2008, 11:01:41 PM »
the koa isnt satin actually, its gloss. But no problemo.
Parker Fly Mojo Flame in Blue Burst and Koa Custom Shop Fly Mojo
Breedlove Custom Shop Grand Concert size / D'angelico 17 inch Excel /
Alembic Custom 7 String Thing / Original PRS CE24
Two Rock Artist 100 watt Head and matching cab
Acoustic Image Focus II R Head
Suhr Straight Front 4x12 with scumbacks and eminence TR12-65s

FINISHES GUIDE

Offline David Tomkins

• Advanced Member
FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2008, 05:42:46 AM »
green trans snakeskin?
anyone got any tips for removing 'stains' from a keyboard?.......

2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!
2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo signed by Steve Vai, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!

FINISHES GUIDE

Offline Marco76

FINISHES GUIDE
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2008, 03:19:29 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by number 2

the koa isnt satin actually, its gloss.

Is that your guitar in the photo with the "Satin Koa" label? If so, as I recall, you did this as a Custom Shop item but finished it afterwards. Is that correct? Was there any stain used or just a clear, gloss finish?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 03:22:38 PM by Marco76 »
Marco