Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Peachy Fly  (Read 6568 times)

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
Peachy Fly
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2008, 07:05:00 PM »
I really don't know, sorry.

But they sure look different from the burst on my other artist and from the other CSB's that were posted.?

Interesting distingsion you made on the opaque bursts.

Maybe this is a "Trans cherry" burst or a Trans Black Cherry Burst in which case my other Artist may be a Trans Cherry Burst ??

(ps You have my other artist pictured right below the buttterscotch burst and its the one on the right in front of the wooden fence. A lot of the CSB's seem to actually be different finishes?).

If I were naming mine, it would be a mango burst or paeach burst.

A few Flys in my soup
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 07:32:35 PM by Bill »
A few Flys in my soup

Peachy Fly

Offline David Tomkins

• Advanced Member
Peachy Fly
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 01:29:16 PM »
peach burst?  bet that guitar sounds good with fuzz........

2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!
2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo signed by Steve Vai, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!

Peachy Fly

Offline Marco76

Peachy Fly
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2008, 01:50:04 PM »
The "burst" names are almost as confusing as the images. Your other burst is CSBS Cherry Sunburst Solid. CSB Cherry Sunburst is the transparent finish. However, and contrary to my first comment, your "Peach" does not look like the CSB in the guide. The shaded area of your Peach has a more defined boundary; on the "CSB," the shading fades in over a wider distance, similar to the 3-Tone. Compare those to the Tobacco versions.

On the other hand, the Tobaccos are not strictly consistent in that regard either. So, it may be that the factory varies the "fade-in" from time to time, or it may be that one or more of the Guide photos is mislabeled, or both.

Oh well, in time these things may become clear.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 01:56:42 PM by Marco76 »
Marco

Peachy Fly

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
Peachy Fly
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2008, 05:39:53 PM »
Yeah, but the other Artist is actually a trans too. Its noy opaque like the one to the left of it is. I can still see the wood grain through the finish. I actually really love that finish too. The tobacco has also become a favorite.

Yeah these are tough names to figure out.

My guess is that the factory paint guys aren't all hung up on a formula and do a fair amount of ad libs.

And thats a good thing. [;)]

A few Flys in my soup
A few Flys in my soup

Peachy Fly

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
Peachy Fly
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 12:23:12 PM »
Ok so based on the Marco's finish post, I guess the "peachey" Fly's true finish is called 3 tone sunburst.

I guess it would be a 3 tone cherry trans sunburst ?

A few Flys in my soup
A few Flys in my soup

Peachy Fly

Offline Marco76

Peachy Fly
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 03:49:53 PM »
I wish I could bring more definitive value to the Guide, but I'm afraid those are just my best guesses from photos or what the source claimed. Hopefully, we will get not only better photos but more definitely identified color names to go along with them. Jeff, Alex and I have done our best, but I know that some of them are labeled with names that I virtually made up (so that at least someone can say, "That is NOT ralph green.") I am not at all certain the "Silver" is not "Heather Mist" with a slightly different color balance and a misidentification from the owner.

Where I see the Guide being of some use even now is in communicating with dealers or the factory by using the images and for board discussions to have a reference vocabulary.

I really hope that we will be able to solve the Peachy Fly mystery. It may well be 3TCSB. [:)]
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 09:22:35 AM by Marco76 »
Marco

Peachy Fly

Offline 908ssp

Peachy Fly
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2008, 09:32:19 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill

Ok so based on the Marco's finish post, I guess the "peachey" Fly's true finish is called 3 tone sunburst.

I guess it would be a 3 tone cherry trans sunburst ?

A few Flys in my soup

That's my belief too. You can see the three colors yellow center, cherry near the edge, faded to black. That is the tradition of a three color cherry burst.
[^]

Alex

Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG

Peachy Fly

Offline portnoy

• http://www.facebook.com/pages/Huntingdon-United-Kingdom/MusicStreetUK/193947947906?ref=ts
Peachy Fly
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 04:24:10 PM »
absolutely gorgeous bill!

00' Nitefly M - natural
07' ice blue burst deluxe
Funds started for Soldano SLO100

http://improvisingguitarists.ning.com/profile/Kavanprice

Peachy Fly

Offline JONATHANZJEEPZ

Peachy Fly
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2009, 09:15:21 PM »
very artisic shots Bill!....beats the edge of a rug/couch corner huh?  lol...J-

65 GUILD ARCHTOP/2000   BIG APPLE AMERICAN STANDARD STRAT/64 GIBSON EXPLORER AMP/MARSHALL 2X12  VALVESTATE/IBANEZ CUSTOM/80"S PEAVEY 2X12 AMP/VOX TONELAB/ROLAND GR33 SYNTH/Fostex 16  track yadda yadda...
65 GUILD ARCHTOP/2000   BIG APPLE AMERICAN STANDARD STRAT/fender  12 string/epi black 6 string/64 GIBSON EXPLORER AMP/MARSHALL 2X12  VALVESTATE/IBANEZ CUSTOM/80"S PEAVEY 2X12 AMP/VOX TONELAB/ROLAND GR20 SYNTH/Fostex 16  track yadda yadda...and soon to arrive 2000 RUBYRED PARKER FLY DE-LUXE!

Peachy Fly

Offline Marco76

Peachy Fly
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2009, 06:01:01 PM »
I have copied one of your shots for the Finishes Guide to show 3-Tone Sunburst. I saw a verified 3-Tone just a few days ago, and it looks ALOT like your Peachy. Alike enough that your photo is a better sample of a 3-Tone than anything else I've been able to find. Is that okay with you?
Marco

Peachy Fly

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
Peachy Fly
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2009, 06:59:56 PM »
I would feel honored, thanks.

--bill

A few Flys in my soup
A few Flys in my soup