Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Country of Origin for acoustics  (Read 2975 times)

Offline FredJr

Country of Origin for acoustics
« on: May 20, 2008, 04:41:00 PM »
Where is the P6e made - is it made in Korea like the PM-20 or is it of Chinese origin? Thanks for the input!

Cheers!

[:D]
Never fear moving forward slowly - fear only standing still - Ancient Chinese wisdom

Offline PeterMa

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 08:01:08 AM »
China
Peter in MA.

Offline Ocker

• http://www.shesayselectric.com
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 12:17:43 AM »
Dont let the chinese assembly scare you off though. I have had my P8E for well over a year now and have not had one issue with it and it is still my favorite accoustic I have ever owned or played.

Only through death may one truly live!
2006 P8En
2005 Mojo Flame BCH
2003 MWC handcrafted Dragonfly W GK internal
1988 Vantage Vp850 W GK2
A myriad of accoustics
VG*8ex
GR*30
Rawda industries custom pedal board
A plethora of effects
1974 VT Twin 60
1972 VT Phasor Twin
Only through death may one truly live!
2006 P8En
2005 Mojo Flame BCH
2000 Fly Classic *hardtail*
2003 MWC handcrafted Dragonfly W GK internal
1988 Vantage Vp850 W GK2
A myriad of accoustics
VG*8ex
GR*30
Rawda industries custom pedal board
A plethora of effects
1974 VT Twin 60
1972 VT Phasor Twin

Offline David Bahar

• http://davidbahar.com
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 06:33:30 AM »
I have a p28 acoustic, rose wood from india ebony from africa ceder top from canada, finish japan, and yes put together in china. Althought it was put together in china it is high end, i asked a friend in the states to give it a mark out of ten for build quality he gave it a 9, he has an american Guild and has been playing for around 20year. i have put this next to guild gibson and breedlove, and it is at least as good if not better, the sound for the size is just unbeliveable, loud and deep with crisp tops, warm bright, for the money its the best this i could find in the world and belive me i looked for 6 months befor decided on the parker, this guitar sounds as unique as she looks.

i think they will become collectable in years to come
david bahar

Offline loumt123

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 07:00:55 AM »
Try one before you buy it...I thought it sounded nice from some of the clips online, but when playing it in person I was underwhelmed. It reminded me of a thin jangly tone similar to that of Ibanez acoustics and other imports. However, when compared to a Gibson or other overly-hyped acoustic guitar it will compare, but I think those are overpriced and overrated anyway. Try looking for a real acoustic [;)]. No offense meant towards the lovers of the Parker acoustic line, I just have a slightly different opinion from what I've experienced.

Offline David Bahar

• http://davidbahar.com
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 05:25:49 PM »
i must say i played a jumbo for sometime befor the p28 at first the p28 did sound thin, however after some vocal work and getting the weight of my right hand correct the sound came out in a much bigger and warmer way, but yes its good advice to try befor you buy any guitar, but you may need to give it a little time.

if your a singer somtimes it can take a  little time to get intune with a new guitar but when you do its like a perfect partnership.

Good luck

davidbahar.com [:)]
david bahar